Deck of the week group - week 41 - 11-18 May 2012

Penthasilia

Going all Goth this week again? :D

Are you using the silver and pewter interchangeably or together? Trying to envision a double decker - card stocks completely different I think.

I am so looking forward to Silicon Valley!! It will do my geek heart good.

LMAO- goth til I drop!!!

;)

The idea is for me to go through each genre and pick out my favorites- so I have a few more in the gothic category before I move on.

I am not going to combine decks- but hope to compare how they read, etc. I like the look in the pewter more than the silver- but will see how it compares in reading.

Geez- this makes me realize- I have A LOT of dark decks- so any that don't live up to the cut will be put on the chopping block. :)

Chiska

I have a pewter, but have never seen a silver. Has it got the silvery overlays on the cards? Is that how it is done?

I want one, but realize that I will probably never get one. That and a Victorian Romantic Gold.

I have a tiny Gothic collection - BoGo, Alchemy 1977 (from you),and Wormweird. That's Gothic, I think?

Cassandra022

Probably not going to start with a new deck till Sunday, because there's one or two more things I want to finish up, but I'll be using my trimmed Pagan Cats this upcoming week. The randomizer said so :0

vee

I think I'll do the Rohrig Tarot. Haven't really used it since I got it, and I'm leaning towards trading/selling, but I should give it a fair shot first.

Also--who gets the Proverbi cards next? PM me your addy and I'll send them along! :)

GoldenWolf

I will stick with the Mary-El for one more week. I meant to stash another deck in my suitcase this morning just to have a different choice and forgot to do it in the rush to get packed. I'll check my BF's deck collection, but doubt that he has one I'd rather work with. If so, I'll post later.

Apparently, I took the Mary-El out of my suitcase for just one more reading before I left and forgot to put it back . . .

So now I have to check out my BF's decks and see if I can find one I want to work with or get started on Sunday when I get back home.

Mi-Shell

Back to the Mary -El for me.
I want to apply my study about the Kabbalah to the mayors and hope to learn more about the corespondences of the 22 path and the hebrew letters.
this is all new terrain for me....

Penthasilia

I have a pewter, but have never seen a silver. Has it got the silvery overlays on the cards? Is that how it is done?

I want one, but realize that I will probably never get one. That and a Victorian Romantic Gold.

I have a tiny Gothic collection - BoGo, Alchemy 1977 (from you),and Wormweird. That's Gothic, I think?

Yes- the silver is neat because it almost looks like all the figures have moonlight shining down on them.

It is very pretty, but I do like the pewter- it will be interesting to see how they compare as the pewter is a new deck for me :)

vee

I already hate the Rohrig so much I am putting it up in the trading forum. :laugh: It's not reading AT ALL for me and while I think some of his artistic touches are cool, there's a weird sexual vibe in the deck that I'm not fond of. Too many random nipples, maybe. So I think that for the rest of the week, I'll just play around with other decks. ;)

Elendil

I already hate the Rohrig so much I am putting it up in the trading forum. :laugh: It's not reading AT ALL for me and while I think some of his artistic touches are cool, there's a weird sexual vibe in the deck that I'm not fond of. Too many random nipples, maybe. So I think that for the rest of the week, I'll just play around with other decks. ;)

Which edition of the deck do you have vee? My edition is German and is one of the 'sanitised' versions. If your edition has English titles and is one of the first editions I may be interested in taking it off your hands....

BodhiSeed

I'll be using the Rohrig Tarot paired with the Masters Tarot/Oracle (yea, I know - boobs and religion, what a combination... :p).