Deck of the week group - week 41 - 11-18 May 2012

Penthasilia

Dame Fortune's Wheel is rather nice. Even though I tend to only pull courts this weekend.

I wish I knew more about Etteilla decks though. Any clue on what to find to read up on them?

If you are interested, I made up a rather large word document compiling meanings from the Papus text, Huson, and the LWB from my 1890 and Dusserre Thoth Etteilla decks. :) Send me a pm with your email addy and I can forward it to you! :)

I have ended up doing a deck of the week despite my plans not to. Been doing daily draws with my new Il Meneghello Massonici from Penthasilia! :) It has been a long time since I worked with a deck that didn't have people on the cards, but this deck works very well for me because the cards aren't' busy with symbols: just one or a few big, clear ones that I can easily look up and then ponder.

I am so glad you like it! :D

Chiska

Silicon Valley is okay. I think I am not in the right head space for it right now, though. Could be I am just tired and my brain is broken!

It is nifty deck though, and I love the concept.

VGimlet

Surrealistic is fun, in a quirky and somewhat nightmarish way. Which I am getting a kick out of.

So far the Soulcards are pretty dreary to my eye. The artist is into a lot of earth tones.

PathWalker

Sumeremilhun Tarot

- by the same creator as the Kanzanlar Tarot

http://www.detarotindehersteldeorde.nl/afbeeldingen/kazanlar_sumeremilhun_tarot.jpg

Well I'm not really reading with this deck, just reading about the cards, but I thought I'd say what I feel.
The deck has 24 cards, the additions to the majors are Reason and Intuition, both of them positive cards and linking respectively with Sun and Moon energy.

There is a (to me) odd mix of religion, ancient history and myth in these cards. And ancient script symbols (which have similarities to runes, at least some of them). So we've cards with Jesus on, and Hungarian saints, and myth figures who ascended into the constelations, and historical Kings. Maybe it hangs together better if these are your childhood/national stories, but I struggle a bit to figure out the who and why of some cards.
The art style is two-dimensional and fairly primitive, but clear, and some cards like Hanged Man and Star will be obvious. Others are much helped by the great translation from Gregory (along with fun footnotes!) thank you very much Gregory.

All the cards are given very definite meanings, very predictive.

The deck is part of my collection of curvaceous decks, so isn't going anywhere, but I have to say that even if I wanted to read with a majors - only deck, I'm not sure I'd plump for this one.

But it's good to see another perspective on the majors.

Pathwalker

jema

I miss the updated list of what decks we all pick.
where is nikkib?

Penthasilia

Wow- the Gothic tarot by Wendell is great- a true keeper! I love the images and the readings are spot on.

So yayyyy!

You know- a recent course of events really has me re-evaluating a lot of things- and weird as it sounds, one of it concerns my tarot decks. Do I really need all of these? I am so glad to be doing deck of the week so I can get rid of most of them. I am hoping by the end of it to only have a few decks- so there will be a big blowout smash of a sale. :)

Life is too short, things too fluid, and for me now- it just makes sense to only keep what is truly near my heart.

:heart:

Cassandra022

where is nikkib?

consider this my public service of the week xP

NikkiB - Kat Blacks Golden Tarot
Elendil - Universal Fantasy Tarot
Jema - Dame Fortune's Wheel
Alamaris - Lunatic tarot
VGimlet - Surrealistic Tarot & Soul Cards
Penthasilia - silver and pewter BoGo with Wendell's Gothic majors
Chiska - Silicon Valley Tarot
loaa boa - Osho Zen & Wisdom of the Avalon
Cassandra022 - Pagan Cats
vee - Rohrig tarot
Mi-Shell - Mary-El
BodhiSeed - Rohrig Tarot & Masters Tarot/Oracle
Pathwalker - Sumeremilhun Tarot
merissa_88 - Xultun Tarot
Flaxen - Buckland Romani
AJ - Elemental Tarot
Nerys - Science Tarot
GoldenWolf - Crow's Magick tarot

NikkiB

where is nikkib?

Hi Jema

Sorry Been a hell of a week, My stepfather died, completely unexpected - we are in shock to say the least, Two sick horses with 3 emergency vet calls, Two sick cats more vet visits, Trying to get everything sorted so I can go away for a few days to funeral so last night was working untill 11pm and have just finished tonight at 22.30pm so havent had time to keep up with this sorry.

consider this my public service of the week xP

NikkiB - Kat Blacks Golden Tarot
Elendil - Universal Fantasy Tarot
Jema - Dame Fortune's Wheel
Alamaris - Lunatic tarot
VGimlet - Surrealistic Tarot & Soul Cards
Penthasilia - silver and pewter BoGo with Wendell's Gothic majors
Chiska - Silicon Valley Tarot
loaa boa - Osho Zen & Wisdom of the Avalon
Cassandra022 - Pagan Cats
vee - Rohrig tarot
Mi-Shell - Mary-El
BodhiSeed - Rohrig Tarot & Masters Tarot/Oracle
Pathwalker - Sumeremilhun Tarot
merissa_88 - Xultun Tarot
Flaxen - Buckland Romani
AJ - Elemental Tarot
Nerys - Science Tarot
GoldenWolf - Crow's Magick tarot

Thanks xxx

NikkiB

Wow- the Gothic tarot by Wendell is great- a true keeper! I love the images and the readings are spot on.

So yayyyy!

You know- a recent course of events really has me re-evaluating a lot of things- and weird as it sounds, one of it concerns my tarot decks. Do I really need all of these? I am so glad to be doing deck of the week so I can get rid of most of them. I am hoping by the end of it to only have a few decks- so there will be a big blowout smash of a sale. :)

Life is too short, things too fluid, and for me now- it just makes sense to only keep what is truly near my heart.

:heart:

I feel exactly the same... x

AJ

you just take care of you nikki!!