The 'Shabby Chicness Lenormand' deck...is finished and available...

MoonGypsy

:heart::) Here is a TOTALLY NEW 14. The Fox card...

This new fox card should be much more clear now...

...used a totally different fox...but i think he is okay...do you like him now?

:love::party::love:FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love::party::love:

Sis, the new Fox card is so perfect--it just could not be any better!!! :thumbsup:

Skydancer

Ahhh yes; a good fox card.

And I also like the idea of a cat card. :)

*S*

LadyZelda

Extra Bonus Cards

:heart::) I have been thinking about including some 'other' interesting, and maybe important 'extra bonus cards'...

What I mean is:
i want to add a 'cat' card to the deck for those that may want to use it for readings about their 'cats'...yes?

...as there is already a dog card...it would just be a totally extra card for a bonus.

And, i was thinking of also adding a Gay person card as well as a Lesbian person card.
What do you all think about that? No one has to use those cards if they don't want to, but
they will be there for those that do want to use them.

i hope that doesn't offend anyone if i add these to the deck? ...just wondering...

Or, i could even offer 'two' separate decks one for straights and one for gays and have a
cat card as an extra bonus card in both decks?

:heart::) Lyn

IMO, 2 separate decks would be a better idea; personally I would have no use for the gay version; but it would be a good option for gay people if they would have difficulties to identify with the typical Gentleman and Lady.

Now, for the cat.... :thumbsup: Ah Lyn, I do :love: the idea!!! :D...but I would like it better if it could be an "additional card" like a #37...Like for the Mystical Lenormand they created 4 additional cards, that do not replace any other that is already in the deck. Personally, I would not want to have to choose between the Dog and the Cat. I would like both!

I've always regretted that only the Dog was among the cards because the Cat symbolism can be very interesting too! Now, of course some people think a "cat" card would be too similar to the Snake card that we already have...because they view the symbolism of cat like the one of the Snake??? that's a puzzle to me...I really do not see the Cat as the Snake. I lived with cats all my life and there is a lot more to them then the usual archetype "you can't trust them and independence" and for me they have nothing to do with the Snake card!

I surely could use a "Cat card" in the Lenormand :love:, and I have already all the interpretation for it. ;) I wish I could create cards like you do Lyn, because I would have made one for my decks! And it would not be just to do a reading about my cats, it would work for any reading...there would be so much that a "Cat Card" could reveal in a reading...

Well, that's my opinion and dream...:)

tarotlyn

I don't see why not Lyn, and certainly not that it would offend. After all, they could always remove the extra cards. Tarot deck creators add extra cards often enough, and certainly gender gets its variations.

Personally I love the idea of a Cat card. Maybe even the same number as the Dog card and people could switch as their preferences lie. I am a cat person myself.

I love the new Fox card, it is incredibly perfect. The darling fox just seems to embody every aspect I associate with foxes, beauty, grace, intelligence, alertness.

:heart::) Alta, you just made my day! :):thumbsup: because i wasn't sure how members
would react to my extra 'cat' card idea and my 'all' genders extra people cards for the Lenormand...

And thank you so much for suggesting using the 'same' numbers for the dog and cat...great idea...and
i could use the same numbers for the Gay man and the man card, as well as the same number
for the Lesbian woman card and the woman card. That way they will be interchangeable with
the other cards as you suggested and can be removed or added to the deck as wanted.
Super idea...THANK YOU!

Also, thank you Alta, for approving my new fox card...that really is encouraging! :)

BIG HUGS for you!
:heart: Lyn

Debra

I never identified the Man and Woman card with their sexual orientation. Gay people don't look any different from other people so I'm not understanding I guess.

tarotlyn

:love::party::love:FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love::party::love:

Sis, the new Fox card is so perfect--it just could not be any better!!! :thumbsup:
:heart: Thank you my sis! HOWEVER...

Regarding my new 14. The Fox card: but i just cannot take all the credit for it...

i was so frustrated by my first attempt (yeah...the fox is WORK...:bugeyed:)

...so i actually contacted the Other Side Spirits, and said...(Quoting myself):

'Hello, look i made a mess out of the fox card and i REALLY NEED you guys to help me out a little bit here!!! PLEASE?
...can you PLEASE help me with this one?"

Let's just say, that within '2 hrs' ...of searching for a new fox photo, doing the card over
'completely' from scratch...the new card was born...which everyone loves...it wasn't me!

So, i want to take time to thank the :love: Spirits :love: for having my back.
i can talk to them like that because they know me as i am...and love me as i am...thank goodness! :laugh:

i am so happy you love it sis!

Ahhh yes; a good fox card.
And I also like the idea of a cat card. :)
*S*
:heart: Yay! Skydancer! thank you...and it is so good to hear that you want the cat card! YES!

IMO, 2 separate decks would be a better idea; personally I would have no use for the gay version; but it would be a good option for gay people if they would have difficulties to identify with the typical Gentleman and Lady.

Now, for the cat.... :thumbsup: Ah Lyn, I do :love: the idea!!! ...but I would like it better if it could be an "additional card" like a #37...Like for the Mystical Lenormand they created 4 additional cards, that do not replace any other that is already in the deck. Personally, I would not want to have to choose between the Dog and the Cat. I would like both!

I've always regretted that only the Dog was among the cards because the Cat symbolism can be very interesting too! Now, of course some people think a "cat" card would be too similar to the Snake card that we already have...because they view the symbolism of cat like the one of the Snake??? that's a puzzle to me...I really do not see the Cat as the Snake. I lived with cats all my life and there is a lot more to them then the usual archetype "you can't trust them and independence" and for me they have nothing to do with the Snake card!

I surely could use a "Cat card" in the Lenormand :love:, and I have already all the interpretation for it. I wish I could create cards like you do Lyn, because I would have made one for my decks! And it would not be just to do a reading about my cats, it would work for any reading...there would be so much that a "Cat Card" could reveal in a reading...

Well, that's my opinion and dream...
:heart: Well, now, LadyZelda, i didn't see your post before i replied to Alta's post regarding
the numbering of the extra cards. i think it would just be easier to use same numbers, and
that way you can just toss out the cards you don't want...right? i would put that in my
meanings pages write up that the person will get when the purchase the deck.

If i 'add' an additional 'number' (37 for the cat) to the 36 card deck...i will have all my
'traditionalist friends' down my throat!!!
...i know i am somewhat out the box right now...but if i go too far the limb might break off! LOL

So for the cat and dog cards, i would just have 'alternative' meanings in my meanings pages.
Like the cat is representative of a person that you already know, but then i guess
i would have to add in the attributes of the cat. i guess that could be a little tricky since
the dog represents 'protection'...or protecting people, whereas the cat is more independent...
...someone help me out here please?... what am i trying to say? ...Cats do not actually us protect
since cats are not as aggressive as dogs. i do think that they protect us by chasing away
or eating the mice that would damage our property like our food and books, etc.
Of course i have heard of exceptions where cats have actually protected their owners in emergencies.
But maybe those instances are kind of rare as cats are more independent thinking and dogs
are more a 'pack' minded and usually make their human owner one of its 'pack.'

...anyway...i will still have to think about the numbering of '37' for the cat or just keep the
same number '18' for both cat and dog cards?

Oh, BTW, LadyZelda, i do not think that the cat is like the snake! YIKES...if anything the
cat would be more like the fox...in sneaking up on the mice...LOL

Thanks for like my new Fox card...it was 'work' to get there! LOL (14. The Fox = work...for sure! :bugeyed:)

i may not have to have a second deck for Gays and Lesbians, IF, i follow Debra's thinking...
...which is now making sense to me...(as long as i add their representative 'symbols' on the man
and the woman card somewhere)

I never identified the Man and Woman card with their sexual orientation. Gay people don't look any different from other people so I'm not understanding I guess.
:heart: Debra, right, then maybe on the cards i can put the basic symbols for Gay or Lesbian...
such as one of the Lesbian heart symbols, and i am still researching the symbol for Gays...
put that somewhere on the woman and man card then...say next to my playing card symbol
on the bottom left.

:heart:@everyone

Re: a new cat card:
Anyone else have any thoughts or feelings on the 'numbering' for the cat card i am going to make?
i mean, should i give it a number '37' in the deck or should i use the same number '18' for the
dog?...oh, wait, i just thought about something, some families have BOTH dogs and cats!!!
Ah ha...so then it might be confusing if i use the same number for both cards? Or...in the
meanings page i could designate the difference between the animals...even though they
had the same number in the deck? So any other thoughts on this?

:heart: HUGS
Lyn

garmonbozia

i may not have to have a second deck for Gays and Lesbians, IF, i follow Debra's thinking......which is now making sense to me...(as long as i add their representative 'symbols' on the man and the woman card somewhere)

:heart: Debra, right, then maybe on the cards i can put the basic symbols for Gay or Lesbian...such as one of the Lesbian heart symbols, and i am still researching the symbol for Gays...put that somewhere on the woman and man card then...say next to my playing card symbol on the bottom left.

I don't see the value in adding extra people cards and identifying their sexual preferences on them.

I do however think that adding an extra man and an extra woman card to a Lenormand deck is a really good idea though. These extra cards could be unnumbered and then used as significators. Suppose I was doing a reading for a myself (or a male querent) and I (or he) wanted to use the gentleman card to represent myself (or himself) in the query. With that card out of play, so to speak, there is not another male card in the deck to represent any other kind of relationship or interaction with any other males in the reading.

This is a drawback of Lenormand decks in my opinion, since with Tarot decks, there are a lot of people cards to choose from in the court cards, so before shuffling you can designate certain cards to represent specific people that are related to the query and might pop up in the reading.

If you want to go really wild, you could include several additional man and woman cards so that people could pick the card that they think best represents them and other people involved in their question.

Now that I think about it, I am not sure if the best idea would be to number all the men and women cards with the same two numbers, or just number one "official" card for each and have the rest be unnumbered. Might be best to number them all.

tarotlyn

I don't see the value in adding extra people cards and identifying their sexual preferences on them.

I do however think that adding an extra man and an extra woman card to a Lenormand deck is a really good idea though. These extra cards could be unnumbered and then used as significators. Suppose I was doing a reading for a myself (or a male querent) and I (or he) wanted to use the gentleman card to represent myself (or himself) in the query. With that card out of play, so to speak, there is not another male card in the deck to represent any other kind of relationship or interaction with any other males in the reading.

This is a drawback of Lenormand decks in my opinion, since with Tarot decks, there are a lot of people cards to choose from in the court cards, so before shuffling you can designate certain cards to represent specific people that are related to the query and might pop up in the reading.

If you want to go really wild, you could include several additional man and woman cards so that people could pick the card that they think best represents them and other people involved in their question.

Now that I think about it, I am not sure if the best idea would be to number all the men and women cards with the same two numbers, or just number one "official" card for each and have the rest be unnumbered. Might be best to number them all.
:heart: garmonbozia, while i don't want to make my Lenormand deck too much like a tarot deck
or to keep adding too many new cards to the traditional 36 card Lenormand, i am inclined
to agree that the Lenormand misses the mark on not having at least one other woman and
one other man card in the deck to represent people other than your querent.

So i will think on that...anyway i seem to be good on coming up with 'extra versions' for a single card! LOL

If i were to add another man and woman to the deck, the numbering of them, i am not sure about though.

What about:
28. The Man A
28. The Man B

and
29. The Woman A
29. The Woman B

YIKES...another can of worms...LOL :laugh:

i am sure we will sort this all out...

Thanks for your eye opening comments, garmonbozia! :heart:

tarotlyn

:heart::) So here is what i am thinking right now:

Add a cat card: YES
Number the cat card: 37. The Cat ...not sure

Add Gay Man/Lesbian Woman cards: Probably not necessary
Add a symbol representing them on the regular Man/Woman cards: YES

Add additional Man/Woman cards to the deck to represent 'other people: YES
How many to add? ...not sure (maybe just one more man and one more woman?)

Also, regarding Astrology...since i have studied, taught, and 'breathed' it my whole life, i was thinking of just
adding a simple little symbol somewhere on the card and then explain it in my meanings
pages for this deck. i have checked out other Lenormand systems regarding their astrological symbols
and they are differing. i would be adding my own symbols from my whole life's experience of charting 1,000's of people.
And yes, some of mine would be different than the other systems, but they would be what
i know to be true.

Also, the same with numerology...i wouldn't change the traditional numbers for the Lenormand
BUT in my meanings pages, i would be putting in info regarding the numbers on the cards.

While i am at it, i have also thought about putting 'timing' on my cards somewhere.

i would keep any added info on my cards to a bare minimum so it wouldn't muddy them up
but would blend in. i was thinking of adding the 'month' and timing info to a place just above
my copyright info...or over next to the playing card symbol on the bottom left.

So much to think about, so much to do, and so little time :laugh:

Today, i still have to finish my 4 of Wands for the Chi deck...its almost done :party:
...then back to tackle another lennie card...hope the next one goes smooth...

...please keep the thoughts coming...as they really do help to put all these ideas in perspective...

MoonGypsy

i forgot to mention...and i have been off line for a few hours...

i want a CAT card very, very much, sis!!!!!!!! :D But then, i think you already KNOW that! :laugh: