The 'Shabby Chicness Lenormand' deck...is finished and available...

tarotlyn

:heart::) i redid the tree...not squished any longer...:p (thanks for the tip Debra :heart: )

so here are the two bears to compare now...

Photo #1 Bear version 2 lighter bear (corrected)

Photo #2 Bear version 3 brown bear

Which one now?

:heart: Lyn

Attachments

• 15.Bear1.jpg
    15.Bear1.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 15.BEAR.FINAL.jpg
    15.BEAR.FINAL.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 86

garmonbozia

Definitely bear 3. This card looks less photo-shoppy.

The lighter bear does not integrate well with your chosen backgound. There are perspective and shadowing inconsistencies that make it look very artificial.

garmonbozia

i certainly can only have '1' back image...Ha ha... i think version 2 (new one) is more
professional looking...version one may be a little more crafty home type...so not sure which
one to use?

If you prefer version 1, I think you should use that one. I don't think it looks any more crafty or any less professional than the version 2. I actually think it works better with the theme of your deck.

LadyZelda

The Bear Card & Back of the Cards

Like MoonGypsy, I had not gotten the time to come back on AT yesterday...I've just seen your Bear Card;) If I would not like a card I would tell you and if I would hesitate I would tell you that I can't make up my mind and need more time...So, don't worry if I would not post about a card, it would mean I just didn't get the time to stop by;)

So here is my opinion:

When I saw Bear 1 original version, it didn't click at all for me. It was just a nice picture but no connection as a Lenormand card.

Then, the Brown Bear, this one I loved it instantly :love:. First, it is more inspiring to me, 2nd, it stands out better, 3rd I like the background a lot more than the 1st background. It has more depth and I like the stone path.

Then, the first Bear with a modified tree: that is a lot better for that version...but that is not the Bear for me, I still prefer the brown one.

Regarding your question about the orientation of the bear...For me it doesn't matter which way it faces. I believe that in a reading the appropriate cards will fall on either side to deliver the message. Moreover, I don't really lock myself up in the direction; my intuition will have the last word! LoL!

Back of the Cards:

I like both! Though the 1st one have that lady that I think is just a great addition, so Shabby Chic! :love: but true the 2nd is more professional....I'll say in the 1st one you can perceive that it is a collage...

MoonGypsy

:heart: Seriously, sis...:laugh: this is heading for a 78 card deck!!!~ ROFLMAO...Ha Ha

Sis, you are supposed to help me decide...:laugh:

(however...i like both bears too :p:laugh: ) what to do, what to do?

Well, today is a brand new day and i definitely like the brown bear much better than the light bear. The pink flowers need the contrast; and i love his eyes! You can leave out the light bear from the deck, if you wish...:p

Regarding the card backs, i truly am experiencing major indecision. i like them both for different reasons...
i don't think 2 is more professional than than 1, though. i think the final decision should be up to you, sis! Which one do YOU like best?:heart:

If you go with the 2nd version of the back, i do hope you can use the lady from the first version, somewhere else in the deck! i agree with Lady Z--She is very Shabby Chic and so would be a great addition to the deck! :love:

ETA: i just looked at the card backs again, and the 2nd version reminds me of a Wedding Invitation. :heart: [i still like it, though!] :D But the first one with the lady is my favorite. :love:

tarotlyn

Definitely bear 3. This card looks less photo-shoppy.

The lighter bear does not integrate well with your chosen backgound. There are perspective and shadowing inconsistencies that make it look very artificial.
If you prefer version 1, I think you should use that one. I don't think it looks any more crafty or any less professional than the version 2. I actually think it works better with the theme of your deck.
The first thing I noticed about the star card was not the star itself, but the star pattern formed by the wood in the double screen door. Intentional in the choice or not, it's a nice one!
http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=57458&d=1339495113
:heart:Thank you, garmonbozia, for your critique as it really helped me decide which bear and which back to use! :):thumbsup:

Thank you so much regarding your comments about my 16. The Star card.
My choices for that card: Everything was intentional in that card and in all my cards.

Like MoonGypsy, I had not gotten the time to come back on AT yesterday...I've just seen your Bear Card;) If I would not like a card I would tell you and if I would hesitate I would tell you that I can't make up my mind and need more time...So, don't worry if I would not post about a card, it would mean I just didn't get the time to stop by;)

So here is my opinion:

When I saw Bear 1 original version, it didn't click at all for me. It was just a nice picture but no connection as a Lenormand card.
Then, the Brown Bear, this one I loved it instantly :love:. First, it is more inspiring to me, 2nd, it stands out better, 3rd I like the background a lot more than the 1st background. It has more depth and I like the stone path.
Then, the first Bear with a modified tree: that is a lot better for that version...but that is not the Bear for me, I still prefer the brown one.

Regarding your question about the orientation of the bear...For me it doesn't matter which way it faces. I believe that in a reading the appropriate cards will fall on either side to deliver the message. Moreover, I don't really lock myself up in the direction; my intuition will have the last word! LoL!

Back of the Cards:

I like both! Though the 1st one have that lady that I think is just a great addition, so Shabby Chic! :love: but true the 2nd is more professional....I'll say in the 1st one you can perceive that it is a collage...
:heart: LadyZelda, i know you are a busy little bee and will be here when you can...so no problem there, my friend :)
As well, you know i am so busy too :bugeyed: :laugh: but somehow you and i get things done !

Regarding your choice for the brown bear: Thank you for your insight into this card,
as i value what you have to say regarding the Lenormand side of each card. That is
probably the most important thing, that a card brings out the 'actual' meaning of the Lenormand.
Regarding the directions of lennie cards...i too, do not like to be locked into just the traditional methods of reading these cards...
But sometimes i do look at the way a certain card is facing...but not all the time.
So, i also agree with you about using intuition because intuition is key for me as well.

i am getting it now, regarding the backs...sometimes, when something 'isn't broken'...'don't fix it' LOL :p
...i shouldn't have made a 2nd version, since everyone likes the 1st version best actually!

Thanks for your critique...that means so much! :heart:

Well, today is a brand new day and i definitely like the brown bear much better than the light bear. The pink flowers need the contrast; and i love his eyes! You can leave out the light bear from the deck, if you wish...:p

Regarding the card backs, i truly am experiencing major indecision. i like them both for different reasons...
i don't think 2 is more professional than than 1, though. i think the final decision should be up to you, sis! Which one do YOU like best?:heart:

If you go with the 2nd version of the back, i do hope you can use the lady from the first version, somewhere else in the deck! i agree with Lady Z--She is very Shabby Chic and so would be a great addition to the deck! :love:

ETA: i just looked at the card backs again, and the 2nd version reminds me of a Wedding Invitation. :heart: [i still like it, though!] :D
:heart: Okay, my sis, like you, today the brown bear is screaming out 'Lenormand' to me...LOL
i see, today, like you, that yes, the brown bear just pops for me now! (however when i
order my own copy...guess what...i will have two bears in the deck ... ha ha)

Thank you, sis, your critique is much wanted here! :heart:

:heart:@everyone:

YES the 15. (brown) BEAR will definitely be in the deck for everyone!
And, YES the 1st original version of the backs (lady collage) will be on the backs of each card!

...so on to another card...(probably in my other deck...only 22 cards to go there)...

Thank you all!
:heart: HUGS
Lyn

tarotlyn

:heart::) Well...decided to make another Shabby Chic card today...

Here is my version of 14. The Fox

Hope you like it...

ETA...REPLACED THIS IMAGE WITH A FINISHED FOX CARD THAT WILL BE IN THIS DECK...

Attachments

• 14.FOX.jpg
    14.FOX.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 84

LadyZelda

The Fox

This is a good composition, I like the idea, with the background and the fox going after the rabbit.
But either I have a problem with my Pc or the fox picture is somehow distorted? And I'm talking especially about the actual animal...???

And the fox doesn't blend enough, like if it is really posted on the background...I'm not a graphic artist so I can't help you there as it becomes too tech for me...I would not be able to put these pics together as you have done so far! I just notice that there is something amiss, distorted, and not quite right. I can’t really explain…

For the Shabby Chic touch, I kind of wish there was something more but so far I don't know what! You're doing something that goes beyond me! Actually, I tried to imagine the deck all finished and for some cards it is so easy and I could see the Shabby Chic and how it could look like and for others, I'm like "blank, blank, blank" and I told my daughter "how is she going to work with that card???"

But I just have to look at the cards already made to know that you will make it just fine!;)

Hope my confusing comment on the Fox will help somehow! :love:

MoonGypsy

Sorry, Lynnie! :love: This pic just doesn't do it for me at all. The fox appears to be quite distorted. [and he doesn't blend well with the background IMHO]
i am so sorry, sweetie! :* But this one just isn't up to the excellence of the other cards you have created so far...And once again, i have to be completely honest of my impression...:*

Hugs and Blessings,
MG xxx