How do you log your readings?

littlethings

I try to record my readings in a journal but I'm not too consistent with it. I have so many journals I started but never finished! I seem to be better at keeping track of my readings for others. Those are saved in a word document along with the feedback.

I also now take pictures of my readings. I'm just not sure why I didn't think of that sooner. :)

kalliope

I usually take pictures of my readings, too. If I really want to remember what one was about, then I add the reading and/or photo to Diaro (it's a mobile journal app that syncs to the web). You can add pictures, tag entries, use the web version to print nice PDFs, and it has a clean and attractive user interface. Most importantly (for me), it can be password protected.

If I'm doing electronic readings, such as with Fool's Dog apps or Galaxy Tone apps, it's easy to save them right within the app themselves with hardly any effort.

Someone mentioned Evernote, which I agree is great for information gathering and organizing, but I don't use it for anything sensitive like personal readings or journal entries. You can't password protect individual notebooks, which is why I've chosen Diaro for stuff I want to keep away from prying eyes. In addition, I have so many Evernote notebooks that my database is kind of large and slow, so it's nice to have my journal elsewhere.

rwcarter

I use an Excel spreadsheet where I can use the drawing tools to replicate the spread layout (both position # and card abbreviation). The I type up the reading directly into Excel in the following format: position number and description on one line, space to describe the card, space to interpret the card. And I have a Notes section at the bottom where I can go more into depth on any patterns I might have noticed in the reading.

I have almost 700 spreads in my collection, and I've gone through and converted each one into a spreadsheet. I also have a number of templates I've created so I can easily create a new spread when needed.

One thing I like about Excel is that I can email the reading as an attachment. I can also copy and paste the reading from Excel into a post here at Aeclectic.

Rodney

NadaJ

Someone mentioned Evernote, which I agree is great for information gathering and organizing, but I don't use it for anything sensitive like personal readings or journal entries. You can't password protect individual notebooks, which is why I've chosen Diaro for stuff I want to keep away from prying eyes. In addition, I have so many Evernote notebooks that my database is kind of large and slow, so it's nice to have my journal elsewhere.

I just started journaling last week (granted, I'm also still new) and I have enjoyed the look and feel of Evernote, despite never liking it before tarot journaling. I never really had a reason to use Evernote until now. I never even thought about the need to password protect my readings; perhaps I should! I've also been thinking about journaling the exchanges I do here. I've only journaled readings done for myself or in person. Are the readings done online or via email any less different than those done in person? I guess my subconscious thinks so.

Rosewater

I log personal readings in my journal, along with diary entries, idle thoughts and whatever else ends up getting scribbled in there. Now and again I look back and examine them.

Regarding readings for others, I leave it up to them if they want to record or take notes. Most opt just to listen. On the whole, I think it's best to listen and discuss the reading with full attention, as note-taking in any form can get distracting.

Starri Knytes

I write all readings long hand with date, client's name, deck, and spread in a journal. I also take a pic of each spread which is stored in my phone and in my Dropbox.

Harperhaven

I've set up a private blog thru eblogger. No one can see it but me. I can tag all my entries so I can find them quickly. I originally started with a actual notebook but I quickly found that didn't work well for me cuz I could never find things when I looked for them. I'll now frequently take a pix of the spread or do a screenshot from Orphalese to add to my journal entries of my readings.

Zephyros

I log only readings about political matters and world events, because then I can most objectively see how I did. Otherwise, I don't log any.

rwcarter

Got a PM asking if I would share one of my Excel spreadsheets. I can't attach Excel files, but I'm happy to have people not reinvent the wheel, so including my blank 3x3 card template, my 3 card reading template and part of my BoGo Deck Interview reading as jpegs so folks can see what I was talking about.

If anyone would like me to email them one of the spreadsheets, just PM your email address and I'd be happy to do so.

Attachments

• Blank 3X3 Grid.jpg
    Blank 3X3 Grid.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 85
  • PPF Excel Spreadsheet.jpg
    PPF Excel Spreadsheet.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 93
  • BoGo New Deck Interview Spread.jpg
    BoGo New Deck Interview Spread.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 92

Nemia

Evernote!

I still keep my old notebooks with sketches and drawings - but Evernote with an attached picture of the spread is much easier. By tagging, I can even find over time recurring cards and topics. I like it.