DECK OF THE MONTH - JUNE 2013 sign up thread

Aeric

Are we planning on studying the next three suits in the same way in the coming weeks?

Mi-Shell

Are we planning on studying the next three suits in the same way in the coming weeks?
As far as I know, YES. Kathy pmed me and asked, if I was OK with using "my way of working with the cards for this month :)

conurelover

Specifically for the 4, there's also the fact that the blue flowers that are open are only facing two of the cups, and the others are faced by the small red ones that aren't open. Does nature favour someone over someone else? Is a process finished for two people but incomplete for the other two? The tall blue flower at the top is almost but not quite open; what does this mean?

You see? All Marseille deck pips are identical only so far as their numbers. After that, you can rely on anything unique to the deck for an interpretation. Curlicues, lines, plants and other things in the artwork aren't just ornamentation, they can also be used to interpret.

In the 3 and 5 of swords, the odd-numbered sword is dangling precariously from two of them by a thin ribbon. Or, depending on how you read reversals, it's holding itself upright, as if by magic. In the 3, it's cutting through a small, delicate plant. In the 5, the tip is threaded through the other blades. In the AIT, swords are blue and yellow, and wands are blue and green. These visuals can provide different interpretations from the famous Waite ones or the LWB.

OMG yes I see those too. No books tell you this. Wow.

conurelover

There are also these here old ways to read - they were also used withregular playing cards:

Oh yes thanks. :) And I started reading your tarot blog.

I also heard that sometimes the Knave is the Queen's thoughts and the Knight is sometimes the King's thoughts. :)

I love this deck.

Kathy123

I was planning on it; however this month I realize after the first week that we are using a variety of decks that may not allow this type of study to work as well as others.

So, let me know how you guys feel about it... I am open to suggestions :)

conurelover

I feel like I woul like to keep on trying the suit discussion with the pips in this deck. I started making the daily draw from the MA. :)

Kathy123

I feel like I woul like to keep on trying the suit discussion with the pips in this deck. I started making the daily draw from the MA. :)

Okay, we will continue as is :) Aeric, let me know your thoughts.

Aeric

If we spend three weeks on three suits, I don't think there be time to tackle any of the Majors, will there?

If there's only to be one group exercise a week, I'd prefer a variety of tasks rather than repeating. The deck interview was a nice idea, and maybe one more suit study, but then I'd like to try something different for variety.

Kathy123

Hey Aeric, we did the majors last month :).

Group spreads will continue with a different spread each Sunday! If you would like to add/share some other activity along with the suits, it would be much appreciated!

It was Mi-Shell adding to the forum last month indicating the exercise she performs to get to know her new decks better that inspired the theme for this month.

Next month we will switch it up again :)

conurelover

I am up for any activities we want to do with the minors or majors. I love my deck so much I will do whatever activities are suggested :)