DECK OF THE MONTH - OCTOBER - Month of Spreads

Kathy123

Hi Raheli, welcome!!! Always great to have new people join us!!!

emmsma

Its funny to come across this. I was planning just this project for the month of October.

The decks I am working with are:
The Ellis Deck
Bonefire Tarot
Dark Grimoire

I don't know if I will be able to keep up, but its nice to know others are on the same path this month.

Now, off to try out this spread.

Kathy123

Welcome emmsma! I was noticing that the synchronicities have been lacking in my life lately... you are the second person to mention that you were about to try just this thing this month! Synchronicities are back :) Thank you!!

Kathy123

Tarot of the Hidden Realm

Queen of Wands... true to form, she showed up in my new deck interview last night. This card serves as a reminder for me to "call my mom", or inevitably my mom will call. So, when I saw this card last night, it reminded me to give her a call, which I forgot to.
Nevertheless, my mother text me this morning, which reminded me to call her, which I did :)

I love my Queen of Wands :)

Rayo

Shadowscapes

In what way is this deck best used?
What’s the key lesson the deck has for me this month?
What’s the outcome of working with this deck for a month?

I recently purchased the Shadowscapes deck and I've been trying to get to know it better, so I'm going to work with it this month. It's been strange really. I'm a tarot newbie and I only had one deck until now, so I had no idea how awkward it would be to try a different one. For a while I was actually scared that I had wasted my money, because I just wasn't getting answers, the readings didn't feel right, it was simply "wrong" in a way I can't describe... It's been getting a little better. I read the book, studied all the card descriptions, it slowly became more familiar, but I still don't feel the same energy.
I figured a whole month of dedication to my new deck might help? We'll see!

Today I tried the first spread and the result was very interesting. Apparently, this deck should be used to help me deal with my fears, anxieties and insecurities and this month it'll help me stay focused at work, avoid distractions or diversions. This makes perfect sense considering what this month will be like for me.
And the outcome of working with it should be that I'll get closer to my spiritual guide. This is funny because when I first started using this deck, there were a few moments of panic: "My spiritual guide left me!" Feeling connected again would be great!

I enjoyed the first spread and it seemed to work nicely even with my still shaky relationship with this deck. I'm eager for the next one.

Kathy123

Welcome Rayo! I have Shadowscapes too and although beautiful, I have not yet given it the time it deserves to be able to read with it. I'm glad you are enjoying the spreads! Lots more fun ahead!!

Holly doll

Welcome Rayo! I have Shadowscapes too and although beautiful, I have not yet given it the time it deserves to be able to read with it. I'm glad you are enjoying the spreads! Lots more fun ahead!!

Hi Rayo!

I too just bought the deck so to get to know it a little better I interviewed it... It told me that although it looked quite sweet & gentle it doesn't like to be messed with, & would have no compunctions about telling it like it is - sometimes a little "too" straight to the point...

The journey should be interesting then <sigh>...

Kathy123

Hi Rayo!

I too just bought the deck so to get to know it a little better I interviewed it... It told me that although it looked quite sweet & gentle it doesn't like to be messed with, & would have no compunctions about telling it like it is - sometimes a little "too" straight to the point...

Hi Holly doll! Will you be joining our group for the month or are you just passing by? :)

Kathy123

Friday, October 4th - New Moon Spread

"The New Moon is a good time to shift the focus to anything you want to bring in or create more of in your life. It's a great time to develop a new gift or talent, so let's find out how the Tarot can help with this!

I have designed a three card spread which allows you to focus on the super power you would like to develop in the month ahead:

1. Your Super Power
2. Which Area of Your Life It Will Affect
3. How to Nourish It On A Daily Basis"

This spread is borrowed from the following website: http://www.tarotize.com/2012/07/new-moon-super-power-spread.html

EXTRA BONUS ASSIGNMENT: FOR THOSE THAT WANT A LITTLE BIT MORE NEW MOON ENERGY, HERE IS A NEW MOON TAROT RITUAL: http://rabbitmoontarot.wordpress.com/2013/04/10/new-moon-tarot-ritual/

Rayo

Hi Rayo!

It's a beautiful deck, isn't it? I find that it usually gives pretty straightforward answers, but since I still have trouble reading it, the full meaning gets a little "lost in translation". I don't really get the feeling that it would be gentle. More like "hey, if you can't take the answer, don't ask the question", which is a good rule to keep in mind with any deck actually.