Weirdest, the Most Paranormal Tarot Experience You Had?

Aina

OK, so I am forced to create this thread because of a weird thing that has just happened. Maybe there is no such thing as weird or paranormal in the world of tarot but still, what do you think of this:

An acquaintance of mine messaged me on Facebook and the date above was the date of my birthday and it was written: "Happy Birthday!" I found it funny because my birthday is after one week, so I asked whether Australia's date is one week ahead. She said that the message was one year old that made me feel extremely stupid. So we laughed and then she asked me whether I was fine and then she asked me if I was sure. I said of course I was. The friend is the type of friend I would talk to once a year on FB, so not very very close.

So then she said she went for a tarot reader in Australia and the tarot reader asked her: "Who is **** (my name)?" She said she knew several people by that name. So the tarot reder (TR) said: "The one who's married with a foreigner and lives abroad". So she said she knew what she was talking about and then she said that I was very unhappy and needed help. The TR mentioned several other names too. And it happened in July.

I couldn't recall about my state of being in July but I told her that probably I was DOWN and praying at that time. The friend herself, though, had a very hard time, which I don't think I should write about but it involved an accident in her family and a divorce. There's something weird that feels about all this. Have you had anything like that?

danieljuk

weirdest for me is that in the last year I started to get intuitive messages where a voice (I think in my head, it didn't whisper in my eye sort of thing) started to randomly give me a message or a sentence with cards. It's still really random but it just "blurts" out and I know it's not my imagination. The message is always really accurate, if it happens I include it in the reading.

This started happening about a year ago and every day I was pulling a tarot card for myself for the day. so I pulled a card for the day and it was the 7 of Swords and as I pulled it a voice told me firmly that this card was not for me for the day but it was for 'Cheryl' and it was about her 'business'. It was REALLY clear and I felt then the card was not for me.

I have a friend who lives between America and the UK and is American and her sister is called Cheryl. I have done a reading for my friend before by email but I had no idea about her sister's views on tarot or readings. I posted a thread about it on here and many people replied and said you have to pass on the message somehow, it was to do with being careful at work.

I talked to my friend (her sister) and she said you MUST tell her, email her now! she won't think you are crazy (friend promised) :) so I emailed her and said I got the 7 of Swords and you need to be careful in your business or work. She has two jobs, for fun she creates pottery and she has a corporate job for money. I got a sense that it was to do with the pottery, that someone might give her an opportunity to take a "short cut" and don't take it, you will regret it!

So she replied and said this exactly fits! it's not about the pottery but her corporate job. A year before they laid off a lot of staff and tried to get her involved but she felt it was not ethical, the process they were doing it. She heard that they were going to do it again and this was a clear message to not be part of that, keep away! when I was dealing the tarot cards for the day card I was not thinking about Cheryl at all, it was completely random from my point of view!

I believe now that if there is a message to get out there, the universe will do anything to get it out! even sending through a friend or internet friend in another country :)

interesting Aina the message also got to you through the acquaintance!

Aina

weirdest for me is that in the last year I started to get intuitive messages where a voice (I think in my head, it didn't whisper in my eye sort of thing) started to randomly give me a message or a sentence with cards. It's still really random but it just "blurts" out and I know it's not my imagination. The message is always really accurate, if it happens I include it in the reading.

I believe now that if there is a message to get out there, the universe will do anything to get it out! even sending through a friend or internet friend in another country :)

interesting Aina the message also got to you through the acquaintance!

Not surprised, LOL :) I think when you start doing tarot and other spiritual work, you become a lot more sensitive and receptive. For example, yesterday I was browsing the net (hardcore browsing) on astrology and numerology. The birthday thing and "my karmic number" just became so visible and penetrating, otherwise I wouldn't have paid any attention. Now, even the common numbers seem "to speak".

It was also weird that the friend who was experiencing a real trouble was actually focusing the conversation on "my trouble" that wasn't there so to say. Now I don't have any friends or experiences with Australia so it associates with only 1 thing - AT forum. To think that the friend from my country went for a tarot reading in Australia and the Australian TR was saying my name she couldn't pronounce was a little interesting. Also I went for a tarot reader in India, who said she just came back to India from AUSTRALIA where she worked as a tarot reader for 10 years. What's up with Australia? :)

ravenest

'Paranormal'

Getting into an argument (well ....she got into an argument with me - I was just asking questions ) with a card reader who seemed to be projecting all this stuff onto me (that wasn't in the reading) ... to the point where I said "I've had enough of this!" and the neon light tube dropped out of its fixture, the room went dark and the tube landed on the reading. It was at a party ... every one in the room goes " Oooooo ! "

Purely a coincidence ! ;)

(PS . I never 'got' the tarot reading at a party thing. )

Mycroft

"There's our sign-post up ahead ......"

The weirdest event I ever had was at a party, which ended up with everyone talking about new-age sorts of things until one girl piped up "Does anybody read Tarot cards". I didn't reply but one of my drunken friends helpfully shouted out "Mycroft does - he's into all that weird sh*t!" After apologising for my friend, I began to explain that I wasn't very good, and that I believed they were a psychological tool etc, but it was too late, the young girl and her friend were already sat either side of me and I was being informed that "Anna's got some cards in her bag that her Gran gave her, will you do a reading for us?"

The question was purely rhetorical of course, and so in a few minutes the 20 or so people in the room were gathered around a small table at which Anna and myself were seated facing each other. The hostess of the party had turned off the music, dimmed the lights and lit some incense, so we were all prepared. "Isn't it sexy!" I can clearly remember the hostess giggling as I began to turn over the cards which Anna had shuffled and laid out in a Celtic cross. What the first three cards were or what I said about them is now obliterated from my mind by what happened when I turned over the fourth card. I can remember the strong smell of Dragon's blood, and I can remember that it had become much quieter than it had been right at the start, and I can remember that as I put the fourth card down the room seemed to explode. All the people in front of me seemed to leap up to the ceiling and I felt like I'd had a heart attack.

What had happened was that the music centre, which had been playing vinyl records until the hostess had put it into standby mode, had somehow got itself out of standby and turned into FM radio mode at nearly full volume midway through a track being played on Radio 2. My personal explanation has always been that static electricity was the culprit, but as Anna's friend observed "Static, psychic and spirit are all similar words, perhaps the spirits were having a bit of fun with us by mucking about with the electric".

Perhaps something was having a bit of fun with us - the song playing on the radio was "Isn't Life Strange" by the Moody Blues and the fourth card which I turned over was ...... well, it seemed quite apt also.

ravenest

You see! Tarot at parties ... be warned !

Holly doll

Getting into an argument (well ....she got into an argument with me - I was just asking questions ) with a card reader who seemed to be projecting all this stuff onto me (that wasn't in the reading) ... to the point where I said "I've had enough of this!" and the neon light tube dropped out of its fixture, the room went dark and the tube landed on the reading. It was at a party ... every one in the room goes " Oooooo ! "

Purely a coincidence ! ;)

(PS . I never 'got' the tarot reading at a party thing. )

Naughty, naughty - breaking things <scoldy voice>

The weirdest one for me was as I read for a client her late husband came through, I told her he was there & she told me she was upset because he hadn't sent her any signs he was there as he PROMISED he would! I had a printer that was broken & I'd unplugged it from the power socket & computer & sat it in the centre of my desk to take for repairs. Anyways the darned thing burst into life & started spitting out blank paper that I had forgotten to remove. It then stopped, so the client & I went to have a look to make sure it was unplugged... It was - I'd rolled up the power cords & put them on the desk. We sat down & took up where we had left off, she asked a question about her husband - something only he would know - & the printer started up again spitting out blank sheets of paper. The client couldn't talk as she simultaneously laughed & cried; as she left I scooped up the printer & put it in the garage - I've experienced a lot of stuff but that was certainly up there with the best...

Padma

The weirdest one for me was as I read for a client her late husband came through, I told her he was there & she told me she was upset because he hadn't sent her any signs he was there as he PROMISED he would! I had a printer that was broken & I'd unplugged it from the power socket & computer & sat it in the centre of my desk to take for repairs. Anyways the darned thing burst into life & started spitting out blank paper that I had forgotten to remove. It then stopped, so the client & I went to have a look to make sure it was unplugged... It was - I'd rolled up the power cords & put them on the desk. We sat down & took up where we had left off, she asked a question about her husband - something only he would know - & the printer started up again spitting out blank sheets of paper. The client couldn't talk as she simultaneously laughed & cried; as she left I scooped up the printer & put it in the garage - I've experienced a lot of stuff but that was certainly up there with the best...

that really was deliciously freaky! *frisson*

ravenest

Damn! A shame it didn't start printing something . <looks around spookily>

nisaba

Your original story doesn't actually sound weird, Aina, it sounds as if Tarot was doing what it is good at, giving information.

The Facebook thing ... well, their software is dodgy and a lot of stuff gets held up for a long time.

The "weirdest" experience I ever had (and to me it wasn't weird at all, I'm just looking at it with other people's eyes) was twenty or twenty-five years ago, when I was working in the Department of Defence.

I had applied for promotion to a job where I needed a certain level of security clearance, so ASIO (the Australian spy agency) got me to fill in a form authorising them to investigate me in order to see if I was a fit and proper person to have security clearance at a level where I could do the job I'd applied for.

Once ASIO received the paperwork, they sent me a polite little letter telling me they'd be investigating me between [date] and [date].

At the time, I lived within long-walking distance of a bakery that made very nice croissants (almost like proper ones - Australians have NO IDEA about croissants!), which in itself was within long-walking distance of work. So what I routinely did on days when the weather was acceptable, was to leave early, walk to the bakery, buy a croissant and their terrible coffee (really, bad coffee was worth it for a very good croissant!), and sit there for a while with either whatever deck was in my bag, or with a morning newspaper. (Remember newspapers? We read them before we got the internet).

The first morning they investigated me, the shower I had when I woke up felt as though I was in a Tarot card, a card with an image of a cheerful, long-haired girl in her late twenties, with water like diamonds cascading over her body.

After my shower, I went and chose my clothes for the day, and when they were lying on my bed waiting for me to climb into them, they looked like a new Tarot card, too, probably the "Empty Clothes" trump.

The walk to the bakery, which started at the beginning of sunrise and ended in full daylight, every single building, tree, passing car and curve in the road had the significance of a Tarot image.

My croissant was even better than normal, and even the coffee tasted (almost) good as I sat there with my newspaper, doing the crossword and thinking to myself with a slight thrill that the whole image of myself there could be the Queen of Crosswords and Croissants in the Tarot.

This went on for the whole time they investigated me. Which was a short time - a fortnight, or three weeks or something. I can't remember - it was a long time ago. Every moment out of my life, every vignette, every experience I had no matter how ordinary, seemed charged and potentised, and rendered into its own Tarot moment. My phone was tapped (with my knowledge and permission), after hours I was followed to the corner shop or to friends' places (with my knowledge and permission).

And every moment was deeply magical, every moment I was living a Tarot Moment.

They day after they stopped investigating me, I woke up, and suddenly the world felt normal. It was a loss. I felt surprisingly bereft, and it took me a while to get used to it, not being the central figure in card-after-card-after-card.