Weirdest, the Most Paranormal Tarot Experience You Had?

geronimo

I saw a spread about communicating with people who have crossed over. I was VERY hesitant to do this because of my Catholic upbringing, but I am far from Catholic, so I thought Why not?
My sister has been gone for some time now, so I wanted to see if cards resonated with me. Going in with NO expectations whatsoever, the spread had something to do with who is this person, what message do you have for me. The first card I pulled I began to bawl. It was nine pents and I KNEW it was my sister. Every card I pulled brought more tears mixed with joy. I'm still learning to read, so cards are still somewhat confusing to me. But with this I just knew what they were saying. After that, I decided to never use tarot that way again.
There was another time that a friend of hers knew someone who went in for a reading. This girl who got the reading was not close with my sister. Anyway, I get a message one day asking what the significance of flowers and an angel on a mantelpiece had to do with my sister. I hadn't a damn clue, but that stuff was in my room. She proceeded to tell me that my sister came through during her reading and refused to let go. The reader said that's what she sees the most.

I recently had a dream that my dad who has also passed told me to let the dead take care of the dead and the living take care of the living. There is no way we could ever know what happens beyond. That reaffirmed my decision in only using tarot for fun and insight, and not look beyond that. If a message needs to come through, it will :)

celticnoodle

some cool stoires here. ive enjoyed reading all of them. yes, I have had some odd experiences too--both me receiving and giving them.

One I rcvd from my fave reader told me of a pregnancy to come soon. then that same day or next, our dau called to say she was pregnant.

One reading I gave that I have to smile about due to how shocked the guy was reciving it was when I was reading in a store. I'm also an empath--so I really can't say it was due to the cards, but I felt terrible shoulder pain and saw him taking a pill in my minds eye. I asked him if he had shoulder issues adn he said yes. I asked him if he was taking a certain medicine, (I somehow knew the name too) and he nearly fell out of his chair. :laugh: I can still see his schocked face! :laugh: and his friend too. :D

another time on my way into work at the new age shop, a young man came to me and told me his name but nothing else. I had no idea who he was but he reappeared when his ex wife came in for a reading. her first ever reading and she was not even planning on doing so. just happened to be walking down the street and saw the sign for me. anyway, when she came in, he appeared again and gave me a messag for her. she was so surprised because they had been deivorced for years and she had re-married but was again divorced. this 'ex' was deceased (after their divorce, obivously). The message however made perfect sense to her and I was able to describe her ex and give his name and other pertinent info. she was thrilled. as was I. another great reading given. :)

**excuse mistakes. right now typing on nook. its awful. I won't even try to go back and correct mistakes, as it makes it worse! :p**

gotta love divination. cards-crsyals, all of them. ive had some interesting things come up while reading crystals too and doing psychometry too. but since this is about tarot, have to share only that. :)

eta, I'll never forget when a tarot reader told me i was soon to meet th man i would marry and she gave me his initials too. nearly forgot that one. actually, i've had many very cool tarot readings with things like this. many from readers here on AT.

nisaba

If we're talking funny rather than weird:

Some time ago a guy booked me to do a reading at his place. Slightly cautious, I chose to park my car out of sight of his door and walk down. There was a definite time, and I was right on time.

The screen door was shut, but the main door was open, so I could - just - see into the house's hallway.

There he was, wearing only a G-string, kneeling on the floor in the praying-to-Mecca position (not sure about the direction).

When I tapped on the door he was startled, got up and wrapped himself up before opening the door.

A Moslem, caught short at prayer-time after a shower and before a reading? An interesting and unusual kind of exhibitionist? We will never know. All I know is that the reading was perfectly normal, and he paid me the agreed fee. <shrug>

celticnoodle

:p

Nisaba, I thought you were going to say you quietly turned around and walked back to your car and left. But, then I asked myself, "why would I think that?" :confused:

good story.

Morwenna

The strangest thing that happened to me happened way back when I was relatively new at Tarot; I only had one or maybe two decks at the time, I was at an esoteric conference, and was contemplating yet again buying the Morgan Greer, whose borderlessness kept putting me off despite my love of the art. Such conferences are highly-charged anyway, and this was only my second one; to top it off, I was leaving the con next day to go to a friend's wedding and planning to return to the con. So here I was on Friday evening in the dealers' room, looking at the display model of the MG yet again, and while looking at the King of Swords, something PUNCHED me in the gut!! :bugeyed: I had no idea what was going on, but I said, "All right, all right, I'll take the deck!" and I would have taken the display deck except that it was missing a card so I had to take a fresh one (though the dealer pressed the two decks together to sort of transfer vibes). Then next day I took a bus back almost to home where my then-boyfriend (now my husband) was to pick me up to go to that wedding. And he told me that the night before he had got 5 out of 6 numbers in the weekly state lottery which would get him about $900 (though he had to wait till Monday to collect, and he had to borrow gas money for the wedding!). Then I thought about the night before, and realized that the time I was reacting to and buying that deck was the time he would have been watching the lottery drawing on TV.

Why the K Swords? Not that hubby's like him, exactly, but the hair color and complexion of the figure on that card in that deck is very like his.

:bugeyed:

nisaba

<grinning> See - stuff like that to me isn't weird at all. It's just daily normal everyday stuff. The guy in his house, or my walking around for a few weeks as a living Tarot deck, that's slightly odd (not odd enough to be weird) but Tarot doing stuff and telling you stuff and turning up in odd places, none of that's weird at all, that's just what happens. <smile>

nisaba

Something else that was odd for me, was when I was reading in a seaside tourist town (well I am now, but it's a different business in a different town).

A belligerent guy turned up as I was setting my table up in the morning, dressed for fishing, and with an exasperated mate, also dressed for fishing, in tow. He slapped a handful of money on my table and snarled something like: prove you can to it. Tell me how many fish I'll catch today.

I went cold and calm and icily polite. I told him I didn't want his festy money and I certainly didn't need my cards to tell me that what he was going to catch today was a case of sunstroke, a hangover, and the edge of his wife's tongue.

As I was packing up my table at the end of the day, his mate came back alone. He told me that I was absolutely right: the guy drank himself to sleep in the boat, ended up badly sunburnt, and was even now in the car, dreading what his wife would say when he gets dropped off.

SCORE! Ha! Served him bloody right.

ravenest

The 'most paranormal experience' I have had wasn't weird .... and visa versa ;)

geronimo

Something else that was odd for me, was when I was reading in a seaside tourist town (well I am now, but it's a different business in a different town).

A belligerent guy turned up as I was setting my table up in the morning, dressed for fishing, and with an exasperated mate, also dressed for fishing, in tow. He slapped a handful of money on my table and snarled something like: prove you can to it. Tell me how many fish I'll catch today.

I went cold and calm and icily polite. I told him I didn't want his festy money and I certainly didn't need my cards to tell me that what he was going to catch today was a case of sunstroke, a hangover, and the edge of his wife's tongue.

As I was packing up my table at the end of the day, his mate came back alone. He told me that I was absolutely right: the guy drank himself to sleep in the boat, ended up badly sunburnt, and was even now in the car, dreading what his wife would say when he gets dropped off.

SCORE! Ha! Served him bloody right.

hahahahaha I love this!!!

geronimo

Something recently happened that made me think back on this spread.

I don't use reversals, and I'm careful about putting my cards back the right way because I don't want to go through them later.
One day, the hanged man reversed show up. Thought it was odd, but figured I placed him back the wrong way.
A few days later, after I checked the cards, the hanged man reverse showed up again. I went back through the cards and saw that none of them were reversed.
Just did a spread as to what this guy was telling me, and it was something that was very reassuring and for sure needed to know. So... how it got reversed is what was so strange to me! Usually cards that are trying to tell me something just show up a lot. This was quite an interesting way to grab my attention.