NOOOO! Mean birdie. I even fed you sunflower seeds today you ungrateful sky rat.

swedishfish612

lol at the thread title! I completely trimmed my Druid Craft- no borders, no words, nothing. It's slightly bigger than poker-sized, and I love it this way. I think it's my smallest Tarot deck now. It might not be your preferred size, but maybe you could trim it and use it as a pocket deck?

Barleywine

Because they are nothing more than rats with a good pr firm. ;)

Yes, bushy-tailed rats. The cuteness is only in the eye of the beholder. I read somewhere that squirrels were introduced into New York City; they weren't native there. I wonder where all those OTHER "sky-rats" - pigeons - came from.

Babalon Jones

this thread is cracking me up. I assumed you were gonna say your "sky rat" umm dropped a payload on the deck!

As for squirrels, I used to think they were harmless little nut-munchers. Then I had a family of catbirds raising a nest outside my window. One day mama catbird was freaking out. I looked out the window to see a squirrell with a bloody baby bird in its jaws. Now I tell everyone they are bloodthirsty little bastards and they look at me like I am nuts! :joke:

And to top off, they are loaded with fleas, so if you have lots of them in the yard, your pet will get their fleas. And bubonic plague, haha.

edited to add I also saw one snatch a butterfly out of the air and eat it!

dryadintheelm

Yeah, swedishfish612 I'm working on trimming them down and I can barely fit the titles in, it did occur to me that I could cut the titles off but I don't think I'm ready to go quite that far. I wanna save enough of the edge that if I get absent minded and turn my back again there might be a chance of saving them again.

I like squirrels. But they do get rather frightening in this one park by my house. People feed them, if you sit down they'll come trying to get food. Like, fifty to seventy of them. I am not exaggerating. Massive hordes of squirrels creeping closer and closer, trying to get to your oreos.

Barleywine

edited to add I also saw one snatch a butterfly out of the air and eat it!

I'm kinda sorry you said that. It made me remember a friend from back in the '70s who used to snatch butterflies out of the air and eat them, for the shock effect. I think (no, I know) he was on drugs! I guess he was a precusor to Ozzy Osbourne and his bats.

Barleywine

Yeah, swedishfish612 I'm working on trimming them down and I can barely fit the titles in, it did occur to me that I could cut the titles off but I don't think I'm ready to go quite that far. I wanna save enough of the edge that if I get absent minded and turn my back again there might be a chance of saving them again.

I like squirrels. But they do get rather frightening in this one park by my house. People feed them, if you sit down they'll come trying to get food. Like, fifty to seventy of them. I am not exaggerating. Massive hordes of squirrels creeping closer and closer, trying to get to your oreos.

We need to hope they never acquire a taste for human flesh Think Willard but with with furry tails.

dryadintheelm

Good lord. That park is in the middle of the city, there could be massive destruction and chaos. The whole infrastructure would collapse. It would give me a chance to test out my zombie apocalypse plan though...

Morwenna

Because they are nothing more than rats with a good pr firm. ;)

Fluffy tails are good PR.

I heard of one supposedly squirrel-proof bird feeder that ended up being advertised as a bird feeder and squirrel toy!

As for birds, I've never owned one so I didn't know how destructive they could be with their nibbling! (All I've ever had to worry about were kittens and puppies...)

DownUnderNZer

Couldn't imagine one of my decks being chewed. ...eeek!

The Amish make squirrel stews or pickled squirrel. Nutty flavor.

I got bitten by one in the UK in a park. Lots of fuss and a few shots followed that incident plus pills I think. Mind you...blood was drawn and it was a nasty bite.

Never feed them is all I will say. ... :D:D