A Deck Being Snarky?

HallowedNight

((I hope this thread is in the right spot...I have awful luck with these things. o wo))

Anyway, I just started using my deck (I'm using the Fantastical Creatures Tarot) again after a pretty long hiatus, and it seems like it's almost punishing me for being away. It's being awfully snarky, it seems like, and doing things like flipping meanings in spreads. (Like I was doing a little three card spread for a friend with the first card representing the context of a situation and the second representing something to focus on, but it seemed like my deck flipped those two in the spread.) ((Though I'm honestly not surprised; I love love love Fantastical Creatures, but it's always been kind of feisty for me.))

Has anyone else had this happen after a break from tarot? How did you overcome it? Does anyone have decks that are like this all the time?

emilygrace

For me it doesn't happen when I take a hiatus. In my case it's always happened whenever I do too many readings on the same subject, even if it's different questions. It's as if spirit is saying "Oh yeah? Well I'll show you..."

But to answer your question, yes I have experienced deck feistiness many times.

Ica'rus

For me it doesn't happen when I take a hiatus. In my case it's always happened whenever I do too many readings on the same subject, even if it's different questions. It's as if spirit is saying "Oh yeah? Well I'll show you..."

This happens to me too lol.

The cards I pull feel as if they're saying "Stop asking" or "We're not telling you." I have had this for things that I actually know the answer to. Or in other cases I will try to draw a card on some subject or question that I personally believe is I should not ask, and sadly tried anyway. I have drawn the Devil in more than 1 of those circumstance and it was like a "Ok, you're right..I shouldn't have asked."

feynrir

There have been particular decks that demonstrate this kind of "attitude" or manner-of-reading to some degree (The Construction Paper Tarot comes to mind immediately), but also I feel that when I play around with tarot cards too much they tend to read for me this way as well. Almost a rude, detached message that comes across.

I think of these as mind games that I play with myself, looking at these images and feeling this way, but that doesn't make it happening any less a reality :)

HallowedNight

Oh man, I'm glad these readings aren't for me. o wo I'd probably be getting lot of "if you want us to be nice you should have asked months ago." :'P

There have been particular decks that demonstrate this kind of "attitude" or manner-of-reading to some degree (The Construction Paper Tarot comes to mind immediately), but also I feel that when I play around with tarot cards too much they tend to read for me this way as well. Almost a rude, detached message that comes across.

I think of these as mind games that I play with myself, looking at these images and feeling this way, but that doesn't make it happening any less a reality :)

Yeah, I'm hoping to get another deck soon as kind of a baseline for Fantastical Creatures and it's general attitude. Hopefully not all the decks I get are quite as snarky (or I might be in some trouble). :'P

Girl Archer

Thoth can be snarky, blunt and rude. Thoth is that friend who tells you that those jeans make you look bigger, and not in a flattering way. Where would you go without their brutally honest feedback though, am I right? šŸ˜£

HallowedNight

Thoth can be snarky, blunt and rude. Thoth is that friend who tells you that those jeans make you look bigger, and not in a flattering way. Where would you go without their brutally honest feedback though, am I right? šŸ˜£

@Girl Archer - One of my friends is actually just starting to use Thoth (though she's had the deck for a while). I'll have to warn her that it can be kind of feisty. xD

nisaba

Anyway, I just started using my deck (I'm using the Fantastical Creatures Tarot) again after a pretty long hiatus, and it seems like it's almost punishing me for being away.

Has anyone else had this happen after a break from tarot?

<smile>

I had something entirely different happen. A Tarot-unfriendly relationship happened, and after a while I wrapped them all up and hid them.

A few years later when I was free, I dig them all out, unwrapped them, and shuffled them all. I was looking for signs of sadness, but all I got was gratitude: they were all just delighted to be out in the sun again, getting shuffled.

smw

Thoth can be snarky, blunt and rude. Thoth is that friend who tells you that those jeans make you look bigger, and not in a flattering way. Where would you go without their brutally honest feedback though, am I right? &#55357;&#56867;

Yep. I recently kept getting the 9 of Wands strength, for my own card, I am Saggitarius too. So I was not expecting to get this response to my question of how are things going with my tarot development- Fool, Hanged man (reversed) followed by Ruin ten of swords! Thoth slapped.

Girl Archer

<smile>

I had something entirely different happen. A Tarot-unfriendly relationship happened, and after a while I wrapped them all up and hid them.

A few years later when I was free, I dig them all out, unwrapped them, and shuffled them all. I was looking for signs of sadness, but all I got was gratitude: they were all just delighted to be out in the sun again, getting shuffled.

That happened with me and the Steampunk Tarot, as well as Tarot of Sherlock Holmes. At first the deck was as cryptic as the man himself and I felt like a lost case. Months later, it was as if the deck couldn't stop it's chatty self. A lot like me :)