A Deck Being Snarky?

Earthly Bird

@Earthly Bird
Oh man! Sounds like a pretty vehement reading. o -o I've been thinking about switching my major as well, but I haven't asked the cards yet for exactly this reason. I feel like Fantastical Creatures would tell me exactly what I don't want to hear, though maybe I need to hear it... I have been getting some really accurate readings from it recently, so maybe I'll give it a shot this evening. (Or maybe I'll wait for the Wild Unknown to get here. :'p)

May I ask what deck you were using?

Wait, why Fantastical Creatures in particular? Does it make any difference which deck you use for a reading?

I use Legacy of the Divine. It's the only deck I own, and I picked it because its magnificent imagery drew me in like a moth to the flame. In fact all of Mr. Marchetti's decks had me wagging my tail, and I had to choose. I'm an overthinker who constantly second-guesses and regrets his own decisions, and I find it amazing I've never once regretted this one. I proudly stand by it and plan on purchasing more of his marvellous decks when I can, but just for the collection and beauty, as I don't think they'd convey different messages. :heart:

Mirra

Deck happy to see you

<smile>

I had something entirely different happen. A Tarot-unfriendly relationship happened, and after a while I wrapped them all up and hid them.

A few years later when I was free, I dig them all out, unwrapped them, and shuffled them all. I was looking for signs of sadness, but all I got was gratitude: they were all just delighted to be out in the sun again, getting shuffled.

I know what you mean! I was using my Wildwood tarot exclusively for the past 3 months, but then I felt the urge to use my Wild Unknown again. While I was shuffling it, I ended with 6 jumping cards, so I gave up shuffling and read those cards already. The deck must have been so happy to see me! lol It was like "I don't know when you're going to pick me up again, so let me say everything I have to say to you before you put me back on the shelf" :)

Mirra

Snarky deck

Wait, why Fantastical Creatures in particular? Does it make any difference which deck you use for a reading?

I use Legacy of the Divine. It's the only deck I own, and I picked it because its magnificent imagery drew me in like a moth to the flame. In fact all of Mr. Marchetti's decks had me wagging my tail, and I had to choose. I'm an overthinker who constantly second-guesses and regrets his own decisions, and I find it amazing I've never once regretted this one. I proudly stand by it and plan on purchasing more of his marvellous decks when I can, but just for the collection and beauty, as I don't think they'd convey different messages. :heart:

My Lenormand deck is snarkier than my tarot decks. I call it my non-bullshit deck! lol

HallowedNight

Well, Fantastical Creatures is the only deck I have at the moment, but it's always been a little...straight to the point. :'p Sometimes it's just a bit unruly and switches cards around or gives me very barebones answers instead of the elaboration I was asking for. I still love it though; now that I've gotten used to how it usually reads, I can compensate for it and I've even really started to enjoy its personality! ((I'm sort of snarky and to the point as well, so maybe it's absorbed some of my energy. Or maybe I'm just projecting my feelings onto it. Either way...it equals a dramatic and sarcastic deck.))

And that story sounds very much like me and Fantastical Creatures! I had been looking for a deck for months, and would always be like 'oh yeah, this is the one'...until it wasn't. :'p I just couldn't settle on one that I really clicked with. Until I saw Fantastical Creatures, that is. The symbolism is amazing and the artwork is absolutely gorgeous and I just felt like it was right, so I bought it the day I found it, and I've never regretted it. And since then, over a year ago, I've only found one other deck that spoke to me in the same way, and that was the Wild Unknown (which I just ordered the other day). So hopefully Fantastical Creatures doesn't get reaaally hard to read out of spite when the Wild Unknown gets here. :'p

HallowedNight

I know what you mean! I was using my Wildwood tarot exclusively for the past 3 months, but then I felt the urge to use my Wild Unknown again. While I was shuffling it, I ended with 6 jumping cards, so I gave up shuffling and read those cards already. The deck must have been so happy to see me! lol It was like "I don't know when you're going to pick me up again, so let me say everything I have to say to you before you put me back on the shelf" :)

Oh man, I wish Fantastical Creatures was like that. :'p It was more like 'oh, you're back...I'm gonna throw nonsense at you for a few spreads just to make sure you understand what you've done.' Maybe the Wild Unknown will be a little more forgiving. ((I just ordered it the other day~))

Earthly Bird

So many messages about a deck's personality and/or behaviour... I'm finally starting to admit to myself that maybe mine is usually a little evasive and more elaborate than straight to the point. Before the reading I wrote about a few messages ago, I never thought of it as snarky. Perhaps just like a Gemini, always communicating more than necessary and undecided as far as clear statements go. But that's probably a bit off-topic.

DesertDream

May I ask how it changed? Did it kind of mellow out?

And thank you for that link! Maybe I'll do that later and follow up. :'D

Just put it away for a while then when i started using it it was well behaved. Maybe the cards just reflected my life changes. Idk. But they put the B in Blunt!

HallowedNight

Just put it away for a while then when i started using it it was well behaved. Maybe the cards just reflected my life changes. Idk. But they put the B in Blunt!

I feel like a lot of decks kind of mirror our mental states and changes and whatnot. Now I'm kind of wondering if I should maybe stay away from my new Wild Unknown for a while when it gets here... I'd hate for it to pick ul any negative energies from me right now. Though I honestly doubt I'd be able to stay away from it if I tried. o wo
Maybe I'll just make sure I'm happy and calm before using it.