Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 283 : December 31 - January 6

willowy

welcome to our new players!

I inventory my decks in January each year, adding the new ones, crossing off the gone ones.

Then I print out the list.
I can use any deck I like, but as I use them I cross them off.
Crossed offs are out of circulation then, until all have been used.
I continue using the old list until all decks are crossed off.

Takes a lot less time to do it than explain it :)

This is a good idea so you get to use all of you're decks,as theres some that I regularly get out and others that have been left out somewhat,and I never seem to pick them.

Hows everyone's week going with their chosen deck(s)?

BodhiSeed

I inventory my decks in January each year, adding the new ones, crossing off the gone ones.

Then I print out the list.
I can use any deck I like, but as I use them I cross them off.
Crossed offs are out of circulation then, until all have been used.
I continue using the old list until all decks are crossed off.
I've been going through my decks, adding tags with names and alphabetizing. Got a list now as AJ suggested. :)
I love the Secret Forest Tarot; I know some folks don't like all the bugs :) but today's draw (Ten of Swords) reminded me of the children's book "Charlotte's Web." This deck lets me use a traditional meaning as a foundation, and then build the walls with whatever my intuition comes up with. Froud's Faeries are great too - just the right mix of nice and nasty.:laugh:

Attachments

• TaggedDecks.jpg
    TaggedDecks.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 67

DaughterOfDanu

Fantastic. I created a simple-ish spread to use at the beginning of the week with each deck and it helped set the tone for a productive week :)

I'm finding the Tarot of the Mystical Cats much deeper and more connected to the traditional RWS than I thought when I first bought it about a year ago. Plus the artwork is by Mickie Mueller who's art always has this soft and lovely vibe to it. Though I wish the companion guide was better. The entries for each card feel short to me.

The Bonefire and I are getting along great as expected too. I'm finding lepidolite to be a great stone to work with and would like to get a bigger palmstone sized specimen eventually. It's got a very soothing energy. And The Moon Deck has given me the same card for 3 different readings in 2 days- I think I should listen!

Michellehihi

This week I work with the Mary-El. I can't believe I have this deck for a year and have barely used it...
Tonight, I reflected on the Ace and Two of wands. The ace of wands is particularly intense.

VGimlet

Mythical Creatures is pretty enough, but I think the color version is going to be amazing. It's not BAD by any means, but it's so detailed I feel like I'm missing a lot that will really pop when it's in color.

AJ

This week I work with the Mary-El. I can't believe I have this deck for a year and have barely used it...
Tonight, I reflected on the Ace and Two of wands. The ace of wands is particularly intense.

I found Mary-El overwhelming to work with. It felt like I was rubbishing around in Mary's private drawers and cupboards.

Madame Squee

I found Mary-El overwhelming to work with. It felt like I was rubbishing around in Mary's private drawers and cupboards.

Wow! I think you've hit the nail on the head, AJ. I need to get it out and take another look in light of your observation. The artwork mesmerizes, but I never think of reading with it.

willowy

Glad things are going well,I definitely feel like I'm getting to know heart of stars better,going to do a year ahead reading later.

I've been going through my decks, adding tags with names and alphabetizing. Got a list now as AJ suggested. :)

I love the Secret Forest Tarot; I know some folks don't like all the bugs :) but today's draw (Ten of Swords) reminded me of the children's book "Charlotte's Web." This deck lets me use a traditional meaning as a foundation, and then build the walls with whatever my intuition comes up with. Froud's Faeries are great too - just the right mix of nice and nasty.:laugh:

Thats what you call organised,really clever what you've done with your decks :)

Michellehihi

Wow! I think you've hit the nail on the head, AJ. I need to get it out and take another look in light of your observation. The artwork mesmerizes, but I never think of reading with it.

I do really intuitive readings with the Mary-El, without official spreads, simply something like " let's see what the cards tell me".

DaughterOfDanu

I hope everyone had a great week with their decks :)
My new deck of the week system worked lovely for me. I actually spent time with my deck selection and really enjoyed the Mystical Cats. They have a similar vibe to the Pagan Cats. Lepidolite was a nice crystal companion as well. I'm also very happy with the Bonefire tarot as I continue to get to know it. A very straightforward deck that tells it like it is. Not sure what deck I'll go with next week, have to dig around in my collection. I want something I haven't used in ages :p