tarot beliefs

Sian100

Lillie said:
I read in front of the TV.
Almost always.

Sometimes I think it helps.
All that yapping in the background helps drown out the bit of my mind that over analyses things.
Then that lets the inspiration through.

TV and other noise just distracts me personally, but the idea of using TV as an oracle as Crowqueen mentioned is just fascinating!

Lillie

Hey! Crow queen!

I live just near Llanelli!
I go shopping there every week, at ASDA.

TV as oracle. Hmmm.
Yes, it has happened occassionally when some random comment has seemed specific to the reading I am doing.

Lot's of people do find the TV distracting, but I'm used to it.
If I turned it off He would start talking to me, which is far more distracting!

Crowqueen

Lillie said:
Hey! Crow queen!

I live just near Llanelli!
I go shopping there every week, at ASDA.

TV as oracle. Hmmm.
Yes, it has happened occassionally when some random comment has seemed specific to the reading I am doing.

Lot's of people do find the TV distracting, but I'm used to it.
If I turned it off He would start talking to me, which is far more distracting!

Who's "He"?

As for Llanelli I don't know it myself, just seems to ...follow me around a bit. No idea why.

gregory

Crowqueen said:
Who's "He"?
I don't think you really want to know (I have had a PM about He earlier today....!)

Lillie

Oh, he's sweet. (sometimes)

He is hubby. With a capital H.

Llanelli is actually a dump.
You don't want to go there, ever.
It has an ASDA to recommend it, and that's about it.

But if the name is lucky for you, that's cool.
It's a good name. ll them L's

Crowqueen

Lillie said:
Oh, he's sweet. (sometimes)

He is hubby. With a capital H.

Interesting...sorry, just a little bit of synchronicity there. Eerie. Give him my regards anyway.

cybercat said:
Many newbies read one or two books and think they are law. Most rituals now days you hear about come from authors way of doing things. Like sleeping with deck, crystals with deck or not letting others touch deck ect. The fact is what you do is your choise do not do it because some one said you should.

If you read enough books, you'll never do anything, because if you read enough they all contradict themselves anyway, even sometimes on card meanings. I'm still not sure whether The Chariot is a good or bad card, and that's even before you get to the extra stuff.

gregory

Crowqueen said:
I'm still not sure whether The Chariot is a good or bad card, and that's even before you get to the extra stuff.
It depends whether or not you need to get somewhere in a hurry. :D

(not being entirely silly; so much depends on context.)

Crowqueen

Gregory said:
It depends whether or not you need to get somewhere in a hurry.

(not being entirely silly; so much depends on context.)

I've learned that. It could mean that the person is railroading something through, riding roughshod over someone, or being pulled apart by two opposing forces. For me the cards sometimes even move to show me which part I should be concentrating on (that's why I like vivid imagery). But when it occurs on its own, like it did for someone, I wasn't sure whether to say something good or bad. I wasn't into clarifying back then, so I had no idea what to put them down for. Luckily it was a dummy run (reading for a random person I knew, but they didn't know I was doing the reading for them, and I never wrote it down anyway), though we haven't gone far enough down that line to see what it actually means.

Maybe I should try that guy again and see what exactly it meant.

Anyway, enough chitchat. Once I get my room(s) sorted out I will probably develop more of a ritual, but I'm having difficulty finding space for everything, let alone a ritual place to keep my cards in the manner in which they would like to become accustomed to.

gregory

Situations like that make me ever more glad I went the intuitive route. Any card I read means exactly what I see in the picture before me.....

Bless Simone.....