Have you ever had a deck call to you and demand to be bought?

Batshua

I'd been putting off buying Tarot De Los Muertos and The Bright Idea Deck for a while. I wanted to use them as a reward after a milestone or something, but they started to eat at me. I really wanted them and I realized I wasn't willing to wait. I am partly disgusted at my lack of self-control (I did wait a month or two, but I was going to try to wait much longer), and partly stunned that I was almost compelled to buy them. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Sar

Yep, the Mermaid Tarot called to me, and I answered.

SharonS

Yes this happened to me, too. I looked for two solid days online after the Llewellyn deck made its appeal to me, just to make sure it was the one I wanted, drove my husband crazy lol. Found myself comparing everything to the one deck and wound up buying it after all. It obviously wanted me to have it for some reason.

~SharonS

.traveller.

It didn't actually demand to be bought, but The Grail Tarot: A Templar Vision dropped some serious hints. I was looking for another tarot kit at the bookstore and they were sold out... however The Grail tarot was there. I walked past it, didn't think much of it. Looked at another shelf... and there it was. Walked to another part of the store... there it was again.

I bought it, now it loves me and I love it. :heart:

Aulruna

No, they never demanded. I always knew when I was ready for them ;)

Yes, I have been putting off getting the Graven Images Oracle, and then got a brilliant reading with it - after that, I absolutely wanted to try it out myself.

6 Haunted Days

Oh yes, it happens from time to time. It's a great thing, it means you're feeling a connection the images or idea behind the deck. What's even better is when you finally have it and you really connect with and aren't disappointed.

Nothing wrong with really wanting a deck and getting it.

SarahRose

The Llewellyn. I was not planning on getting it, and there it was, and I couldn't put it down.

VGimlet

Yep. Globalight Angel Tarot.

I am not into the whole angel thing. The word angel, or anything with an angel theme in fact, sends me mentally screaming in the other direction in most cases. (Okay, those sulky little angels crack me up.) I kept seeing this deck everywhere, and finally I broke down and got it. It's an amazing deck.

I understood why I was so drawn to it after I talked to the artist a bit.

gorgeousbutterfly

LMFAO! you think the deck actually wants you to buy it? Hehehe is that a nice excuse to give to your husband "but,, the deck wanted me to buy it! " .

Umbrae

Happens all the time.