Vision Quest - Nine of Earth

Soaring Eagle

Description: There are squashes and corn floating above a woven plate. The background is very green.

Significant Details: The corn and squashes are symbols of fertility, or plentitude.

My Interpretation: You are on a lucky streak; you will do well in business matters right now. You may receive an unexpected gift. You will have a series of lucky strokes, you will have financial gain.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: As we look at this card 9 (Accumulation) and compare it to the 8 (Inner Order) we can now see that the pumpkins are now ready. The corn, papaya and pumpkins are falling from the plant into the awaiting plate. We are almost ready for the 10 (Wealth) as soon as we harvest what we have ready.

Lifeisabutterfly

This is also a sign of long term prosperity and independence....self sufficiency...having paid your dues....earned the wealth and abundance of land....a lovely earthy card. It reminds me of the good things that come our way when we establish a solid relationship with the most solid of elements: earth--or Mother Earth if you will. She will nurture and support always, bearing fruit and nourishment to those who are wiling to work and wait with heart. While we work and wait we become more mature and ripe for life, just as the autumn harvest we see in the card.

Lifeisabutterfly

PS
Your beautiful post is making me want to get the deck again. I gave it away a while ago after having worked with it extensively. The problem I had with it is that it is more Thoth based and I prefer the RW system....but now this is making me want to give it another go. The cards are so special.

Soaring Eagle

PS
Your beautiful post is making me want to get the deck again. I gave it away a while ago after having worked with it extensively. The problem I had with it is that it is more Thoth based and I prefer the RW system....but now this is making me want to give it another go. The cards are so special.

Thank you. I truly enjoy this deck. I was actually surprised there wasn't an active study group on it. To me, I don't see it as Thoth or RWS. I know the definitions are close to the Thoth, and I have actually read the Book of Thoth, thinking it would help me have a deeper understanding, but it hasn't. I think it's because the symbology used is so totally different than both Thoth and RWS.

I truly have a "connection" with this deck as well. When I first bought it, years ago, it "spoke" to me. Then life happened, and I gave up tarot for many years. When I was unpacking a box one day, I ran across this deck, and it just "spoke" to me again and I will never pack it away again.

Hopefully you will get it again, and we can study this deck together. I enjoy reading the responses to this deck.

Soaring Eagle

This is also a sign of long term prosperity and independence....self sufficiency...having paid your dues....earned the wealth and abundance of land....a lovely earthy card. It reminds me of the good things that come our way when we establish a solid relationship with the most solid of elements: earth--or Mother Earth if you will. She will nurture and support always, bearing fruit and nourishment to those who are wiling to work and wait with heart. While we work and wait we become more mature and ripe for life, just as the autumn harvest we see in the card.

I definately need to work on wording things in posts. That is more or less what I wanted to say, and you have said it so beautifully. I sometimes find it hard to express my thoughts on paper, and even worse on the computer.

You definately have hit this card straight on.

Lifeisabutterfly

That's because I wove the RW meaning together with the imagery of the cards AND your interpretation....the deck is in my shopping cart on Amazon....ok....something is telling me to work on these cards with you. I will buy it now and then when I receive it (or even before if I know myself lol) we can go over the each card (that's what it looks like you're about to do). You start and I'll take your lead!
Today I'll look at the other cards you've been analyzing and I'll try to put my 2 cents in. Don't worry about the wording--it's coming from the heart and Spirit-you can't go wrong with that!
As the Sages say: we will learn together!

Lifeisabutterfly

Need to establish one little guideline first :) I mentioned previously that I tend to follow the RW interpretations so....if I don't quite agree with your interpretations I hope this not matter but rather enhance our learning from one another....I was about to comment on the 10 of earth! oh heck, I'll just go ahead and do it lol!

Soaring Eagle

Need to establish one little guideline first :) I mentioned previously that I tend to follow the RW interpretations so....if I don't quite agree with your interpretations I hope this not matter but rather enhance our learning from one another....I was about to comment on the 10 of earth! oh heck, I'll just go ahead and do it lol!

I don't mind what interpretations you use. We all grow by hearing everyone's thoughts, why should it be different here?

divinegoddess

Numerology Reference: 9 - Fruition, Attainment, Bringing Things to a Conclusion

Keywords*: Accumulation, fortunate material enterprises, inheritance, gain, series of lucky strokes, surprising gifts

Inner message*: The saying, ‘It fell into my lap’, exactly illustrates this card. For once you have allowed yourself to receive a lot more. And, better still, to enjoy it all without guilt. Now take what the universe is giving without the least bit of regret!

Outward manifestation*: This is a great time to give priority to material and business concerns. You are able to take an important and ultimately successful step when it comes to new investments, studies or a career change. Life is showering some surprising gifts on you. Don’t waste time. Gratefully receive and ask not why or whence it came… What is given like this can never be earned. In reality everything in life is a gift.

My Interpretation: Things are starting to be fruitful and successful to you once more. You will perhaps make a new investment, start a new study or have a career change. Life is showering you with gifts, gratefully take them. You have learned a lesson: everything in life is a gift.

*From the accompanying LWB

divinegoddess

something is telling me to work on these cards with you. I will buy it now and then when I receive it (or even before if I know myself lol) we can go over the each card (that's what it looks like you're about to do).

I love the support of Soaring Eagle, and I would love for you to join studying the cards! Have you received your cards yet ;)? I received them last week and I love to unveil the secrets of the cards. I have a great connection with the deck, and they speak to me greatly. In fact, this is by far my favorite deck to work with (and I haven't even done a reading with it yet!)! I thought in the beginning they would be a bit harder to understand since I don't know any of the Native American history, but once I got over that, I don't find it a problem. I know I will learn more as I start using them. You have to start from somewhere, right?