Connecting to decks

MysticMoonlight

How interesting maybe that's why l still hang on to the RWS. Perhaps one day it will open up to me. Like you l do have a look at this deck now and again, its still staying silent though. l can read fine with all the clones love to know what the block is, though l think l said elsewhere its the artwork that l find not very inspiring, seems a bit static.

Oh well one day maybe :joke:

I wonder if it was a subconscious determination of sorts not to let these decks "best me" that made things click for me eventually in some weird way that I don't quite understand or if I just "grew into" them. Perhaps a bit of both! There are decks that I have still that haven't sung for me yet but hey, I got time :)

Espeon

I personally have trouble connecting with Thoth-based decks. Which is funny, when I was learning Tarot at about 13 years old (23 y/o now) I saw images of the Thoth deck when doing research. I wanted a copy so badly. Then when I finally got one years later...it left me cold. I definitely enjoy my Thoth-based decks for their art though. Couldn't connect with Shadowscapes but I'm not going to trade it off since I looooove the imagery.

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk

EvaSegovia

Connecting to a new deck

I purchased the SOULCARDS 1, and right off the bat, tossed 5 of the cards because they were just REALLY disturbing to me. I'd done a 3 card reading with the RWS earlier this morning. The events were pictured exactly as they had happened. Kind of like reading the headline in a newspaper. Well I thought, what-the-heck, I had the SOULCARDS in my lap, let's see if there's anything a card could add.... WOW!!!!!! whereas the RWS presented the exact outline, the SOULCARD made me RE-FEEL!!! the events. Moral of the story: give the cards a fair shot