Phone Tarot/Psychic Woes

Shushu

No matter whether it's a psychic line or face to face there are going to be those clients who are in denial or fear, or will only listen if your reading tallies with what they want it to be ;) - that's their stuff & there's very little you can do other than know you've done your best. I've only had to end 2 readings in many years because clients have become so argumentative or obnoxious that it became a waste of both our time, as well as my expertise.

If possible, have firm boundaries in place, often clients will want to stretch their allotted time - sittings should have a beginning, middle & end - otherwise questions will be endless. Have confidence in your abilities & you'll be ok :D

Thank you so much for the advice, Holly doll! :) Much love to you! I will definitely set a system with that, though I hope it won't get in the way of me setting up readings anywhere if clients are unruly and rude!

I have been looking at cafes in Melbourne to try and read for...but I'm not quite sure which ones to ask? There's so many, and I'm not quite sure which ones would be open to readings, though there are many quirky cafes, I haven't seen New Age ones or I'm not even sure what type to ask.

Holly doll

Thank you so much for the advice, Holly doll! :) Much love to you! I will definitely set a system with that, though I hope it won't get in the way of me setting up readings anywhere if clients are unruly and rude!

I have been looking at cafes in Melbourne to try and read for...but I'm not quite sure which ones to ask? There's so many, and I'm not quite sure which ones would be open to readings, though there are many quirky cafes, I haven't seen New Age ones or I'm not even sure what type to ask.

Wow - love Melbourne!!! Other places to investigate are school fetes, markets, farmers markets... You've looked into the Spellbox, Uncle Festers, the Haunted Bookshop...? Health food Cafes or shops...? There's heaps of options to try :)

Shushu

Wow - love Melbourne!!! Other places to investigate are school fetes, markets, farmers markets... You've looked into the Spellbox, Uncle Festers, the Haunted Bookshop...? Health food Cafes or shops...? There's heaps of options to try :)

Markets, maybe...though I am not sure if I can just ask any cafes. I've already asked a couple of places like Madame Brussels, (vintage, tea) and they said it wasn't 'in tune' with what they were. I didn't know health food cafes would just allow readings? How would you normally ask?
All those places mentioned are full/not working with readers at the moment..

nisaba

I didn't know health food cafes would just allow readings? How would you normally ask?

When I'm looking for a café gig, I just walk in in work-type clothes with a deck in my bag, ask to talk to the owner of the café, and ask if I can occupy a table one day a week in exchange for a quarter of my take.

I've worked in a posh upmarket restaurant. I've worked in ordinary cafes with no particular theme. I'm currently working in a takeaway fast food joint. It's really up to the owner. None of these places have been new-age themed, although I've also been the in-house reader in two new age shops.

Shushu

When I'm looking for a café gig, I just walk in in work-type clothes with a deck in my bag, ask to talk to the owner of the café, and ask if I can occupy a table one day a week in exchange for a quarter of my take.

I've worked in a posh upmarket restaurant. I've worked in ordinary cafes with no particular theme. I'm currently working in a takeaway fast food joint. It's really up to the owner. None of these places have been new-age themed, although I've also been the in-house reader in two new age shops.

Wow, you make it sound quite easy :) did you get turned down many times before getting one or..?
Do you target specific Cafes or restaurants that are more inclined to have readers? Because in Melbourne I don't see a lot of Cafes with Tarot reading signs or offers. I'd love to work with a new age store if I could.

AJ

there is a pages long thread here, one of my favorites, where Euripides walks us through her experiences reading in a Melbourne cafe. It shouldn't be hard to find.

Shushu

there is a pages long thread here, one of my favorites, where Euripides walks us through her experiences reading in a Melbourne cafe. It shouldn't be hard to find.

Wow I'd love to read that! Do you know the thread title by any chance?

Nineveh

That is a good idea! What do you usually do with the five-card spread? Do they have assigned positions and meanings?
I will do that, I hope some clients would not be as rude about it but I've had one recently who gave me the time to have a better look, just for a few seconds.

With the 5 card spread I simply answer the question the querents ask of me. I consider the positions of the cards, the directions in which the court cards are facing, etc. but I don't use specific spreads or positions unless I'm asked for a prediction. If a client asks a question that requires a prediction I would simply use a past, present, and future 3 card spread and lay out additional cards for further insight or the bigger picture. :)

Shushu

With the 5 card spread I simply answer the question the querents ask of me. I consider the positions of the cards, the directions in which the court cards are facing, etc. but I don't use specific spreads or positions unless I'm asked for a prediction. If a client asks a question that requires a prediction I would simply use a past, present, and future 3 card spread and lay out additional cards for further insight or the bigger picture. :)

I see! :) That makes plenty of sense, I can definitely try that as a more general approach to a question. I do the 3 card spread as well in general and build on that..