What encourages you to reply or not reply to a reading?

DownUnderNZer

Why I will not:

1) Too long - no interest.
2) Life stories - bore me.
3) Repeat questions - bore me.
4) The first line or two if it doesn't catch me -bores me.
5) Titles may lure me...but, the content still bores me.
6) "Me, me, me" types - are not my types.
7) Am "dying of a broken heart a zillion times over types" - not my types.
8) I think he is "secretly liking me" types (fantasy) - not my types.
9) When will "I find love sitting behind a PC types" - also not my types.
10) We "glanced at each other from a distance" types - also not my types.

Too needy, too draining somewhat, and how do some expect to grow if the same line of questions are asked over and over for weeks and months at a time.

I don't have the time, energy, and/or interest. :)

Saskia

I had done a reading not too long ago, and it had received quite an amount of views, almost half a hundred. The only thing that was missing was the replies from others. Then I noticed another reading which had 6 views and it had already gotten a reply.

Hi Meditarot, I can answer in a general level and in relation to your thread.

In terms of your thread: there were a few "red flags" that put me off from answering.

Firstly, you describe it as a relationship reading whereas you later mention you don't "bump into each other much" and there's a long history of hot and cold, i.e. it's a romantic interest at best, not a relationship.

The overall card for her is Page of Swords, which at best is a curious, humorous person, not anything romantic or passionate. So I thought it's one of the neverending unrequited love situations the AT is full, sorry to say. In those situations the querent normally won't take no for an answer but keeps insisting there is something in the air, even though nothing has happened for months or years.

Also, the thread was really long for just 3-4 cards. You wrote a full A4 basically, whereas you would have needed just a couple of paragraphs. The more effort it takes to chop the reading down for quote chunks, the less likely it is I'll reply.

In a general level, I tend to reply to readings where:

- I can see a coherent story or a meaningful answer in the cards
- I have an alternative view for the cards and a justification for them
- there are not many replies yet
- I think my advice can genuinely help the person (which doesn't seem to be the case in unrequited love situations, where the querent won't budge, as described earlier)
- the question is captivating, unusual or pressuring (someone's in distress and seeking for an answer, e.g. there's cheating, marriage breakdown or such going on).

Also, a neatly laid out presentation helps, as well as clear question.

Alta

In a general level, I tend to reply to readings where:

- I can see a coherent story or a meaningful answer in the cards
- I have an alternative view for the cards and a justification for them
- there are not many replies yet
- I think my advice can genuinely help the person (which doesn't seem to be the case in unrequited love situations, where the querent won't budge, as described earlier)
- the question is captivating, unusual or pressuring (someone's in distress and seeking for an answer, e.g. there's cheating, marriage breakdown or such going on).

Also, a neatly laid out presentation helps, as well as clear question.
My reply is pretty well a duplicate of this. In addition I don't respond if there are already a ton of replies because I figure that after a while my thoughts just become part of the 'static' and am much more likely to reply earlier in the thread.

scorpiogirl

Why I will not:

1) Too long - no interest.
2) Life stories - bore me.
3) Repeat questions - bore me.
4) The first line or two if it doesn't catch me -bores me.
5) Titles may lure me...but, the content still bores me.
6) "Me, me, me" types - are not my types.
7) Am "dying of a broken heart a zillion times over types" - not my types.
8) I think he is "secretly liking me" types (fantasy) - not my types.
9) When will "I find love sitting behind a PC types" - also not my types.
10) We "glanced at each other from a distance" types - also not my types.

Too needy, too draining somewhat, and how do some expect to grow if the same line of questions are asked over and over for weeks and months at a time.

I don't have the time, energy, and/or interest. :)
You must be a hoot at parties LOL.

scorpiogirl

I have been reading since 2009 but heavily invested in tarot for years now. I honestly don't feel confident enough to read for other people because I am always afraid I may be wrong or get their hopes up lol. So I just refrain from even giving my two cents. At times when I see cards that I am very familiar with I may chime in. But because I am a tad insecure I rarely join the 'My Readings' forum. I just stick to Exchanges.

DownUnderNZer

Good thing is...when I do go to parties no one really is there to be read and even the privileged few that know that I do - never ask. It is great! :thumbsup:

You must be a hoot at parties LOL.

Barleywine

I have a special affection for the Celtic Cross since I've been using it for over four decades, and also other long spreads like the Lenormand Grand Tableau. As long as a CC inquiry isn't about "What does X think/feel?" and isn't a simple "yes/no" question ("Will X come back to me?"), I enjoy contributing my observations here on the forum. The more a question is oriented toward actions and events rather than psychological sleuthing, the more comfortable I am participating in the discussion. I generally won't comment on readings shorter than five cards since I think they require too much intuitive guesswork to "connect the dots" and usually don't provide enough narrative "meat."

alchemiholic

1. I tend to skip the card-heavy readings. I'm not a power reader, I have a day job, and I'm drained from pregnancy. Plus I put a lot of effort into taking every card into account in the Your Readings section, so frequently just doing two to four readings with a moderate amount of cards (say three to six) tuckers me out a bit. I can learn with more people if I focus on more moderate reads.

2. HOWEVER I do sometimes undertake a longer reading if I'm feeling ambitious. In those cases, I focus on readings that are particularly interesting to me and have few to no existing responses.

3. What interests me: Readings about transitions. Readings with cards that have my particular focus that day. Readings that are not romance readings because omg, that is like 80% of all readings.

4. I also respond well to simple layouts. Context, question, list of cards with positions and interpretations, summary, major curiosities/requests for clarity/opinions.

5. No passive-aggressive pseudo-bumps suggesting the onus is on the helpful folks in the subforum to explain why your reading didn't get responses.

olivia1

I always enjoy getting feedback and comments to my readings, because it helps me become a better reader. I can see different viewing angles to a card and see better its context to the other cards in the reading. It also helps me see if I'm heading to a completely wrong track in my intepretation.

I had done a reading not too long ago, and it had received quite an amount of views, almost half a hundred. The only thing that was missing was the replies from others. Then I noticed another reading which had 6 views and it had already gotten a reply.

This made me think, what makes people who would originally easily reply to a reading, not encourage them to do so?

I know I have a habit of creating perhaps a bit too long reading threads (I've tried to make it more easy to read by separating the cards and their interpretations more clearly). Could it be that my threads are too long and people lose interest? Or that I've already taken an in depth look to the cards and people have nothing to add?

This is something that troubles me..

Are we talking about "your reading" ?

I won't reply if there are reversals (because I don't know how to do reversals) or if there are more than three cards for a reading with no positions. Past three cards and I am just lost.I would also not reply to a reading where the cards are from the Marseille or Thoth because I don't understand the system. Other than that if I see it I'll reply.

PAMUYA

Like now, I pop on line when on a break. The title for one, dose it catch my eye. Give me the cards and your take, no history needed. If there are too many clarifiers...next. Will not do yes no questions. Since time is an issue small spreads, or I go to the using tarot card section. If someone is close on their take with mine, I will pass because I have nothing new to add. I look for strange card combinations. Personally when I read for others I use very small spreads, 3 to 5 cards, large spreads are okay but I see that many new to reading dive right into them and wonder why they are confused. The more experienced I get the less cards I draw. Anyway I have got to run and get to work. Have a great day. :)