Enchanted Oracle

lalalibra

Its read lovely for me and been very insightful when I use it. I find that I get a good read off of them intuitively as well. There's a lot of moon imagery in the deck which I like. I quite like the autumn feel to it and also all the flowers and nature that peak out on most of the cards. I do like the book and spells and such in there too. Its dark and mostly muted or soft colors and I think its lovely. It can have that mysterious air about it... even a bit gothic. I really like the deck. Its definitely given me some good guidance. I haven't used it lately, but i grabbed it so I'd have it next to me while I write up my thoughts on it and I definitely need to spend some time with it soon since its been a while.

I'm not sure how you feel about those sorts of decks, but if you like the artwork and if it is something that's going to be harder to find you might want to get it because later who knows. You might kick yourself in the bum and think man I should have gotten it back then. Even if you just get it as a collectible deck. I hope this helps out some! :)

That sounds wonderful to me. I love how you describe it! It does seem like it would be intuitive to use, as I sense a lot of emotion from certain cards I've seen. And one of the reasons I felt drawn to the deck was because I also get a lot out of moon imagery, and I liked that the overall colors and vibe seemed a bit darker. I have a lot of faery decks (at least in proportion to my other decks) but still, this one seems different from the others, and the book seems unique too. I love that the deck has that touch of mystery, but I suppose, with that, I was simultaneously concerned that the readings might be too vague? I guess it'd be what I make it; there's no way to know until I try it for myself... but now I think it's certainly worth getting since I have felt drawn to this deck for quite a while now (haha I would be kicking myself in the bum if I didn't!). And you're right that I wouldn't mind just having it as a collectible if it were to turn out that I didn't use it much. Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. You helped very much!! :love:

TheStarsAndTheMoon

That sounds wonderful to me. I love how you describe it! It does seem like it would be intuitive to use, as I sense a lot of emotion from certain cards I've seen. And one of the reasons I felt drawn to the deck was because I also get a lot out of moon imagery, and I liked that the overall colors and vibe seemed a bit darker. I have a lot of faery decks (at least in proportion to my other decks) but still, this one seems different from the others, and the book seems unique too. I love that the deck has that touch of mystery, but I suppose, with that, I was simultaneously concerned that the readings might be too vague? I guess it'd be what I make it; there's no way to know until I try it for myself... but now I think it's certainly worth getting since I have felt drawn to this deck for quite a while now (haha I would be kicking myself in the bum if I didn't!). And you're right that I wouldn't mind just having it as a collectible if it were to turn out that I didn't use it much. Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. You helped very much!! :love:

Ah I have a lot of faery decks too! More faery decks than anything else. It is indeed different than all the rest. There's just something about it. Yay for another fae and moon lover! :) I don't think the book is too vague. The deck sort of has a feel of mystery, but the book certainly has a good chunk of information and interpretations for the cards so no worries there! Np! I'm glad to have helped out. I hope you love it! I'm sure you will. Let me know how it works out for you!

lalalibra

Ah I have a lot of faery decks too! More faery decks than anything else. It is indeed different than all the rest. There's just something about it. Yay for another fae and moon lover! :) I don't think the book is too vague. The deck sort of has a feel of mystery, but the book certainly has a good chunk of information and interpretations for the cards so no worries there! Np! I'm glad to have helped out. I hope you love it! I'm sure you will. Let me know how it works out for you!

Smiles!! I don't think I could ever decide that I have 'too many' faery decks anyway - I do love them as well! :heart: I just purchased another deck recently so the Enchanted Oracle will have to wait a little while longer, but it's definitely at the top of my wishlist now. I will let you know how it goes, but I also have the feeling that I will get along well with it! Thanks again! :)

lalalibra

So one year later, I have finally acquired the Enchanted Oracle!! My first impression is over the moon! :) I ended up waiting this long to get the deck, yet it feels really special to have it now. The deck feels very charming and inviting. I instantly felt a connection to it. I love the mood it creates.

The artwork is beautiful and even better to appreciate in person, and there's lot more detail in the cards than I had realized. I read the guidebook over the last couple of days, and I like how there are some darker meanings (such as certain warnings for example). And the cards seem very engaging and interactive to me, like there's more to be seen in them beyond the guidebook... which works out very well, with all the spells, rituals, visualizations that are included; it makes for a deck that I imagine I'll be delving into very deeply. It's so sweet how they added the faery charm/pendulum too, and it has a certain nostalgia for me.

I like how it's only 36 cards. I was actually a little wary of that before, since I'm used to decks with more cards, but it just feels so adorable to have/hold a smaller deck. The cardstock is nice; it seems just like the other Llewellyn decks I have (it does say first edition third printing on the inside of my guidebook, but I only mention that just in case, since I really wouldn't know if any differences between them exist).

Anyway, I just love this older artwork by Jessica Galbreth. There's such a lovely feeling I get from it that part of me has a hard time believing that she's somehow disowned all this blatant loveliness! But I'm relieved to know that some of it is here to live on in this deck, and I will be sure to give it the appreciation it deserves.

Celtictarot

This is my first oracle deck I purchased and I still love it.

Piscean

It's been a long time since any one posted in this thread, but I'd figure I'd share something for anyone looking into buying this set now or in the future.

I bought this deck recently after holding it off for months.
Upon arrival I noticed the set I ordered doesn't come with the fairy charm/pendulum or organza bag. It doesn't have the little nook in the box the charm would reside in (and trust me, I pretty much tore the box apart looking for it.) XD

Mine is brand new and a first edition, fourth printing.
On the box, it says it just includes the guidebook and the cards.
However the guidebook still says this set comes with the charm and bag, and mentions the charm that's "included" in the set several times. I don't mind because I have a prettier bag and charm, as well as a few other crystal pendulums I can use, but it does sting a little whenever I read about this so-called "included" charm. Lol! Hopefully they edit the book in the future. :D

So anyway, I believe for this printing, they will NOT be including fairy charms. Either that or there's a bunch of fairy mischief going on with my particular set!

This may or may not be a deal breaker for some people.

Then again, Jessica won't be painting any more goddesses, fairies, or anything else remotely pagan and probably won't be making another deck, so I guess it's a rarity. And I have found that the book is really fantastic and good quality. These are probably the reasons why the set is $30 CAD as opposed to $20.
The exercises and spells and such are simple and effective not just for beginners. I think it's also great for people who may feel a bit directionless on their path and would like to have a feeling of guidance in the craft. The art really speaks to an inner world that I've imagined since childhood.

I only wish I got this set earlier/ I think I was 14 when it came out, at which time I had no access to stores that sold things like new oracle decks (though I did come into a used tarot deck or two just by chance). Honestly I could even see myself loving and finding use for this deck even younger than that, maybe even at 10 or 11, (EDIT: with or without that charm! XD)

DaughterOfDanu

I don't mind because I have a prettier bag and charm, as well as a few other crystal pendulums I can use, but it does sting a little whenever I read about this so-called "included" charm.

Then again, Jessica won't be painting any more goddesses, fairies, or anything else remotely pagan and probably won't be making another deck, so I guess it's a rarity. And I have found that the book is really fantastic and good quality.

To be honest, the fairy charm wasn't all that mind-blowing LOL It looked like a cheap tinkerbell necklace. Which, would probably please younger audiences but even when I got the deck (Probably 15/16 years old) I found to be of no interest though a bit disappointing. I think the bag was the same organza bags that Llewellyn used to include. It falls apart at the seams really easily. So you aren't missing out imo :)

Jessica's decision to bash Paganism during her transition to conservative Christianity really rubbed me the wrong way too putting me off of using the deck.

I'm glad it's still enjoyed by others! Maybe I'll pull it out and see if my feelings have changed :)

Piscean

To be honest, the fairy charm wasn't all that mind-blowing LOL It looked like a cheap tinkerbell necklace. Which, would probably please younger audiences but even when I got the deck (Probably 15/16 years old) I found to be of no interest though a bit disappointing. I think the bag was the same organza bags that Llewellyn used to include. It falls apart at the seams really easily. So you aren't missing out imo :)

Jessica's decision to bash Paganism during her transition to conservative Christianity really rubbed me the wrong way too putting me off of using the deck.

I'm glad it's still enjoyed by others! Maybe I'll pull it out and see if my feelings have changed :)
Lol! That's good to know :) I know some of Jessica's fairy charm/pendants can be quite expensive and are collectibles too, so I thought that might add some value to it. I was looking at pictures of it though and it really does look like tinkerbell lol, so not my thing. It doesn't even look to be the same style as the deck. Weird.

Oh yeah, believe me I was very put off (and admittedly pissed off) when I first learned about that a while ago. :( Nothing wrong about someone converting I'm fine with that if it's what they truly want/believe, but the way she did it was probably the worst. I decided to "boycott" her (while in the back of my mind resolving to buy the deck used lol).
In the end I got the deck because I couldn't stop thinking about it, and I did buy new just because it was the cheaper option after shipping. :/
Bright side is I did end up enjoying it, and at least I'm supporting Barbara Moore too because if I'm honest she's the reason the set is as useful as it is. She really encourages interaction with the images that honestly I would otherwise just use as decoration, pretty representations of the goddess or Cernunnos, or maybe even bookmarks (I do that with oracle decks I don't use ;D ).