Cards at last column of GT meaning ending?

MissNine

Cards at ends of rows in GT- what do they mean?

What cards carry special significance in the final column? All of them every time? Or just certain cards have more significance in the last column?

I was listening to a podcast with Rana George. She was explaining how she reads GTs. There was a 8x4x4 GT and the woman (wife of sitter male) was in house 8, and she was over scyth. Rana said she was "leaving the GT".
The conclusion is the result of the other cards in the GT telling her that the separation of the couple was happening.

It raised the question in my mind of if the partner of the sitter is in the last column, does it always mean a separation?
Or is house is in last column, does it mean someone is moving or selling a home?

I know when Crossroads is in final column, a big life changing decision is made.

DownUnderNZer

Column or row?

Scythe can mean to "cut off" no change of mind and if the people cards are on different rows...there is distance or if their backs face each other.

Not sure how George does it, but her GT is in her book as some on here have spoken of it. Even FB I think.

What cards carry special significance in the final column? All of them every time? Or just certain cards have more significance in the last column?

I was listening to a podcast with Rana George. She was explaining how she reads GTs. There was a 8x4x4 GT and the woman (wife of sitter male) was in house 8, and she was over scyth. Rana said she was "leaving the GT".
The conclusion is the result of the other cards in the GT telling her that the separation of the couple was happening.

It raised the question in my mind of if the partner of the sitter is in the last column, does it always mean a separation?
Or is house is in last column, does it mean someone is moving or selling a home?

I know when Crossroads is in final column, a big life changing decision is made.

MissNine

Column or row?

Scythe can mean to "cut off" no change of mind and if the people cards are on different rows...there is distance or if their backs face each other.

Not sure how George does it, but her GT is in her book as some on here have spoken of it. Even FB I think.

Thank you for this. I'm trying to keep a list of end of GT meanings to sort this all out!

I mean final column and at end of any row. So the 9th column in a 9x4 or 8th column in an 8x4x4.
I know each row can have its own story.

So , can see the partner not being as significant an influence if in a differnt horizontal tow, and still in a happy relationship. In that case, their spouse's card was far away because there were important things going on that naturally would cause distance...partner having final exams and at school all the time, work trip, kids' obligations, stc. In that case, could you say both partners are committed, but other commitments cause distance?

What I'm wondering is in the case the partner's card was in the last column, does it mean they are walking out of the sitters life?What would your take be?

DownUnderNZer

Not necessarily....

4 x 9

If MAN was on MAN (last row) then he would be consumed with himself (doesn't mean a relationship is over), but the surrounding cards have to be considered too. If WOMAN was on HOUSE then maybe it is the matters of the HOUSE and/or feeling secure is where she is at - being positioned there. Distance can be that she is just ahead of him in the "cycle" of things.

All comes down to what is asked and how the cards position themselves around the people cards and/or houses.

Thank you for this. I'm trying to keep a list of end of GT meanings to sort this all out!

I mean final column and at end of any row. So the 9th column in a 9x4 or 8th column in an 8x4x4.
I know each row can have its own story.

So , can see the partner not being as significant an influence if in a differnt horizontal tow, and still in a happy relationship. In that case, their spouse's card was far away because there were important things going on that naturally would cause distance...partner having final exams and at school all the time, work trip, kids' obligations, stc. In that case, could you say both partners are committed, but other commitments cause distance?

What I'm wondering is in the case the partner's card was in the last column, does it mean they are walking out of the sitters life?What would your take be?

MissNine

Not necessarily....

4 x 9

If MAN was on MAN (last row) then he would be consumed with himself (doesn't mean a relationship is over), but the surrounding cards have to be considered too. If WOMAN was on HOUSE then maybe it is the matters of the HOUSE and/or feeling secure is where she is at - being positioned there. Distance can be that she is just ahead of him in the "cycle" of things.

All comes down to what is asked and how the cards position themselves around the people cards and/or houses.

This makes sense to me Completely.

So in a 9x4, if a woman got the reading and you laid out a GT and the gentleman card was in house of either bouquet, dog, letter or cross, you wouldn't say immediately "oh gosh, they are separating!", right?
You'd have to look into the relation of cards together to see what's going on in their relationship/marriage to determine if he's leaving her life.
Did I understand correctly?

Padma

I don't read the cards as being significant if they are in an end row or a beginning row...except for if a card is in the end row, I might think it is something being played out quickly. But then again, it all depends where the Lady (or Man, if reading for a man) card lands. :) Hard to say, off the cuff like this!

DownUnderNZer

Knighting, mirroring, squares may come in to it as well as the SNAKE and FOX to indicate problems. If the COFFIN was above the HOUSE of HEART or RING...vice a versa... the love or relationship is dead or over. Various factors come into play as well as intuition or understanding the cards.

This makes sense to me Completely.

So in a 9x4, if a woman got the reading and you laid out a GT and the gentleman card was in house of either bouquet, dog, letter or cross, you wouldn't say immediately "oh gosh, they are separating!", right?
You'd have to look into the relation of cards together to see what's going on in their relationship/marriage to determine if he's leaving her life.
Did I understand correctly?

MissNine

Knighting, mirroring, squares may come in to it as well as the SNAKE and FOX to indicate problems. If the COFFIN was above the HOUSE of HEART or RING...vice a versa... the love or relationship is dead or over. Various factors come into play as well as intuition or understanding the cards.

Ah yes! Thabk you for bringing those techniques up. Now I realize why there's so many ways to look at the 36 cards.

I really appreciate your help. :)

Sharla

I did a GT for a friend recently but a 9x4 one, and she ended up in the top right hand corner, so i told her that its not showing her no future because she has so much stuff in her past she needs to sort out and get over before she can move on, which totally made sense with stuff she has recently gone through.

But i did say to her that its lucky she at least landed at the top of the tableau so at least she is in control of whats going on and shes not got too much weighing on top of her, which i think would be even worse to land bottom right hand corner.

Also her recent ex landed in the same column as her but beneath her so i told her this is because she has not yet moved on from him, but at least once again she's above him not below.

danieljuk

I think in life we have cycles or phases of different lengths of years. Just like how the major arcana goes up to the World card and then back to the Fool, I think the columns in the GT are like that idea (well in my own thought processes they are). So when you get to the last column in a GT, it's going to change whatever. In a relationship reading it's either going to end or get deeper. It's either not going to last or move to a new step like greater commitment, moving in together, marriage, etc.

I think depending on the cards in the reading it could mean the next phase of something, not necessarily a bad thing! Nothing stays the same, everything keeps changing and relationships either grow closer or drift apart.