"Le Carte delle Driadi" by Tizianna Mattera

Guiding Cauldron

Seeker did you get the Italien or German version? I'm so surprised that this deck isnt comparable to her Elves deck- I wonder why? Can you post a pic or two of the cards please?

Dusk Till Dawn

I just got the German version. I can't post any pix. right now. Ever since I cleared my hard drive, I am still missing drivers etc.
I don't have the other Deck, now I am glad I don't. I expected something else entirely. The Deck feels unfinished. There should have been a little book to go with. Changed Title's on the Tree cards. I don't know.I just don't get the concept of the Deck. If you see one card, you've seen all of them. That's how I feel about it. I have quite a few Oracles, and this one will not stay in my collection. I prefer a D.V. over this one. That's for sure.

Aulruna

I received mine, as well.

In a way, the artwork is beautiful and soothing - very delicate images in a pastel palette.

When I go through it card by card however, I don't feel they really distinguish the different tree entities. Some of these trees have very strong and vibrant energies in nature, but they are depicted with the same sense of soft swirling aloofness here.

And the faces of the dryads are all very similar. Maybe this is intentional, to show the bond. But this is not really my experience with dryads, they ARE different and the likeness is on a completely different level.

The LWB is a foldout leaflet which gives the message of each tree being. No background on the tree correspondences whatsoever, sadly.

Attachments

• driadi1.jpg
    driadi1.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 132
  • driadi2.jpg
    driadi2.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 127

Guiding Cauldron

oh such a shame I guess this is a no from me then.

faunabay

hmmm...... now I"m questioning whether I want this deck or not either. And I'm a HUGE tree person. Maybe I'll have Jewel send me her's so I can look at it in person. LOL

oak_woman

I've just come across this Tree deck, to be published in Autumn 2010 (yes, I know it's a long time to wait ... )

http://www.voiceofthetrees.com/

It looks as if it might be worth waiting for, for those who are looking for a Tree-inspired deck with more attitude ;)

cardlady22

Oh, oak_woman! Thanks for sharing that link! Most definitely going on my Wishlist . . .

MoonGypsy

SHAZAM!!! i am dancing in delight! i absolutely ADORE Mickie Mueller's art! She did all the art for "Well Worn Path" and "Hidden Path". i have been really hoping and wondering if there would be another deck in the works! In case it's not clear, :p i am ecstatic! Thanks, dear Oaks, for the "heads up"! This is the first i have even heard about it! amazing!

Love, Hugs and Mabon Blessings,
MoonGypsyxxx

ETA: And YES!!! This deck is much more spirited for me in every way. The "Le Carte delle Driadi" deck is...er...um...let's just say a bit too "pastel"...

missy

oak_woman said:
I've just come across this Tree deck, to be published in Autumn 2010 (yes, I know it's a long time to wait ... )

It looks as if it might be worth waiting for, for those who are looking for a Tree-inspired deck with more attitude ;)

Hmmm, I guess it is just me, but I don't care for the style of the artwork. But I am new to oracles, so I am not familiar with the artist's other work.

I found the Hidden Path, or at least I think it is the Hidden Path here. The artwork seems a bit better. I wonder if a different medium was used than for Voice of the Trees. (acrylic versus watercolor or pencil?)

After hearing Aulruna's reaction to this deck, Le Carte delle Driadi, I am still more drawn to Le Carte delgi Elfi. :)

faunabay

oak_woman said:

Yep! It's on my list!!! :laugh: