Top Ten Decks That Didn't Quite Make It

DreamDancer

My husband who reads with The Tarot of Baseball deck suggests:

"The Official Major League Baseball(tm) Tarot. Slick packaging, plenty of corporate sponsors featured in the cards (the Ace of Cups, Sponsored by Budwieser), and wonderfull marketing. However, every four years or so, you (the owner) locks the deck out of your house, or the cards go on strike for more money."

SherryZoned

The baseball tarot made me think of The Bud Bowl Tarot they used to have the bud bowl during the super bowl....

Tarotholic Deck: 78 step progran(instead of 12)

emily2otters

the nihilist tarot: all cards are matte black. you read the cards by setting them on fire.

truthsayer

the chocolate tarot--didn't make it b/c it was eaten!!!!!!

scratch and sniff tarot--no one could figure out what all the cards would smell like plus the smell wears off after a while.

zorya

in the spirit of divinerguy's #7 and #9, the fabulous furry freak brothers tarot.

Jeannette

This is too funny! So far, I think that the Lutefisk Tarot, the Lord of the Flies Tarot, and the Tarot of the Ancient Celtic Cat People Who Become Dragons are my favorites, but everyone's suggestions have me smiling and roaring!

In the spirit of divinerguy's "Ancient Celtic Cat..." tarot, might I also suggest the "Angelic Native American Healing Vampires of Avalon Tarot?" (Not surprisingly, it's a collage deck.)

Here's a few other ideas (includes several references to people, places, and things from American culture, with apologies to our friends in Europe, Australia, Canada, and elsewhere):
  • The Robin Wouldn't Tarot
  • I Thoth I Thaw a Puthy Cat Tarot, by Aleister Crowley and Chuck Jones
  • The Xerox Tarot
  • Mao Tse-Tungian Tarot
  • The Dental Hygiene Tarot (the minor arcana suits are plaque, gingivitis, tooth decay, and halitosis; the major arcana includes "The Loose Dentures" for the "Tower" card, and "Root Canal" for the "Death" card...)
  • Servants of Cthulu Tarot (oops! I forgot... it's been done, but they called it the "Lovecraft Tarot")
  • The Xerox Tarot
  • The Arbor Day Tarot (hey... the Halloween tarot is a best-seller, why not other holidays?)
  • JAR-WROT Cards ("Just Another Rider-Waite Rip-Off Tarot")
  • The Washingtonian Tarot of St. Helens
  • The Hideous Virgin-Seducing One-Horned Beasts Tarot
  • Tarot of the Reasonably Competent Apprentice
  • The Francis Bacon Tarot (although there are some tarot scholars who claim that Bacon is actually featured in two other tarots commonly thought to pay tribute to another 17th century playwright...)
  • The Xerox Tarot
  • Tarot of the Flatulent Teddy Bears (it sounded cute at the time, but it turns out that it really stinks!)
  • The Ancient Minchiate of Schnectady
  • Tarot for Chia Pets
  • The Xerox Tarot
  • The Silicon Implant Tarot
  • The Arthur Anderson Tarot (although you'd better count the cards immediately after you buy it, to make sure there really are 78 of them)
  • The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Tarot (has the words "Don't Panic" written in large, friendly letters on the outside of the box)
  • Omaggio a Undershorts
  • The IRS Tarot (on April 15th, you have to send somewhere between 10 and 38.6 percent of the cards to the government, depending on how many other tarots you own)
  • The Xerox Taro
  • The Ken Burns Tarot (to be released one card at a time over 78 consecutive nights)
  • B.O.T.A. Lite Tarot (one-third less gematria than regular B.O.T.A. tarots)
  • The Xerox Tar
  • The Tarot-Based-On-A-Japanese-Anime-That-Nobody's-Ever-Heard-Of Tarot
  • The Spam Tarot (it ends up in your collection, whether you want it or not)
  • The Franklin Mint Tarot (a lot like the Ken Burns Tarot, except the cards are released only once every other month, and you have to pay for each one as you receive it -- but you can cancel at any time)
  • The Hubble Telescope Tarot (it lets you see farther into the future than any other tarot, but the results are rather fuzzy)
  • The Xerox Ta
(It appears that my monitor is running out of toner, so I guess I'd better stop for now... tee hee!...)

-- Jeannette
http://www.tarotgarden.com

mondk

How's about the Richard Simmons tarot? The cards repeatedly march out of the box at random to do exercises most of the day.

The Richard Nixon tarot: the cards insist on taping every reading

The Blues Clues tarot: each card contains a vital clue that enables the querent to solve the puzzle at the end of their reading...comes with a cute little notepad too.

Blessings, M. (Good topic by the way)

Sally Gardens

Jeannette and/or Lori said:

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Tarot (has the words "Don't Panic" written in large, friendly letters on the outside of the box)

And you keep the cards wrapped in a towel.

Liliana

I was going to say the Penis Tarot, unfortunately it did make it hehe

The Hideous Virgin-Seducing One-Horned Beasts Tarot-I beleive thats the Book of Chaos deck ;)

What didnt make it? The Jeryy Springer Tarot- every reading ended in either a fist fight, someone you didnt want to see get naked getting naked, or both ;)

:THP

Jewel

Re: Re: Re: On sale now! Supply Limited!

emily2otters said:
it's just a slab of fish soaked in lye.

Thanks Emily! sounds disgusting *LOL* ... perhaps ignorance is bliss afterall! *ROFLMAO*