What would you not use tarot to read on...

VGimlet

I did use mine for health readings a few times. I would actually think long and hard before I did that again.

I didn't like knowing what I knew.

Ah, I keep toying with this one! Thanks for your input.

The crowned one

214red said:
I am curious because i know some people use tarot to read on everything, down to a minute level.

There are a wealth of subjects i dont read for myself for, infact it would be easier to list what subjects i do read on.

i wonder what you would NOT read for? What do you think the cards are unsuitable for?

Nik

I would NOT read for anything I feel I have control or influence over as I am confident in my abilities and the abilities of those around me to make life good and things work out.

I do read for financial endeavors with strangers/buying land...likely the opposite of 95% of people. Relationship readings hold no interest for me. Relationships do.

214red

The crowned one said:
I would NOT read for anything I feel I have control or influence over as I am confident in my abilities and the abilities of those around me to make life good and things work out.

I do read for financial endeavors with strangers/buying land...likely the opposite of 95% of people. Relationship readings hold no interest for me. Relationships do.

this is very interesting as most people are opposed to doing, i must admit to find it scary. but saying that i wouldnt hesistate to read them psychically, but not just with the cards...makes me want to try.

I love relationship readings as i am quite empathetic, and having done counselling and NLP (soon to do CBT) i find its in my comfort zone completely

i guess i find finances boring and so i dont tend to read on them, but i must try after reading this

214red

rwcarter said:
If other readers feel comfortable doing health readings, Yes/No readings, readings on third parties or predictive readings, I say :thumbsup: to them. I believe there's no wrong way to use tarot cards as long as the person using them that way is comfortable with that. If someone's cards double as coasters when they're not in use, I say more power to them. I wouldn't use my cards in that manner, but that doesn't mean that I think that no one should.

Rodney

health readings keep me up at night worrying, yes/no readings i find that they arent definitive for me so i try and avoid them and if i do them i do give them a disclaimer as i dont know the accuracy.

yes there is no wrong way to use tarot cards, and yes i would like to use one deck i have for coasters as i cant see what other use anyone would have for them(am a hoarder cant chuck things away...even if i dont like them)

Briar Rose

When I was really sick over the summer and fall I did a few health readings and I was okay with that. I was desperate and needed to find answers!

But this may not work out for everyone. I do trust in the cards.

Anna

214red said:
I love relationship readings as i am quite empathetic, and having done counselling and NLP (soon to do CBT) i find its in my comfort zone completely

I love relationsihp readings too. They are my favorite kind to do! Lots of people say they don't like doing them, but I don't understand why not.

Birth, death and love - they are the most significant things that happen to us, I think. They are the very essence of life.

The crowned one

Anna said:
I love relationsihp readings too. They are my favorite kind to do! Lots of people say they don't like doing them, but I don't understand why not.

Birth, death and love - they are the most significant things that happen to us, I think. They are the very essence of life.

I love these things too, I just never felt the need for cards to understand where they are going...For myself ;)

I read on these topics for others more then anything else.

2_Journey

I think I'm in the minority here. There are plenty of subjects I would not read tarot on. In fact, the list of things I read tarot for is very short. I read tarot to see into my own mind. Its like a check in with my subconscious. I read tarot to learn more about the present rather than the past or the future. I also read tarot to inspire my creativity.

I don't read the cards about other people (friends, family, or anyone else), except when my friends expressly ask me to look into their own lives to offer guidance. I try to keep the readings for them towards exploring the present rather than learning about the past of the future. I don't read tarot for divination of the future. I used to, but as I got farther into reading the cards, this use seems to have fallen away.

I would also never read the cards about my health. Mood yes, health no. I also don't do yes/no questions.

I know other people do all of these things and do them well and successfully, and I used to do pretty much all of them as well. But as I learned more about tarot and how tarot can enrich my own life I stopped doing pretty much everything except using it as an exploratory tool for learning about my own mind and my own creativity. Using the cards for just those purposes keeps me busy enough. I may end up branching out again in the future, but right now I'm happy in my little corner of tarotland. :)

BlueBird5

I wouldn't use tarot to get winning numbers just go and choose quickpick. lol
I would never try to predict my or peoples lifespan using a tarot.

HearthCricket

214red said:
i wonder what you would NOT read for? What do you think the cards are unsuitable for?

Nik

Whenever I can use my own common sense to work through a decision or problem I will not use the cards. It is very easy for someone to get addicted to tarot or oracle readings about everything under the sun. I see no purpose in it. For me the word "arcana" says it all. When I feel I am not seeing the whole picture, feel there is a necessity to knowing more or having a fuller picture revealed to me, that is when I do a reading. Just because I might not be in the "know" doesn't mean I have to be. On this I follow my intuition. And if I feel I am still not getting a clear enough picture or that I may not be objective enough, that is when I go for a professional reading, assuming I have someone I truly trust and feel does an excellent job in revealing the truth. I can still use tarot for pathworking, spellwork, meditation, etc., but an actual reading is not needed for everything, by any means. I feel it defeats the purpose.