The Alice Tarot

minrice

He looks fantastic! I love his fur, so soft and detailed!

baba-prague

Thanks so much for all the encouraging comments. We have spent half the evening watching the 1999 Alice - we'd seen nearly all of it in clips but never the whole thing before. Some great bits.

Making this deck is wild - we've been working on costumes, props and everything else off and on for months. But I think getting the details right matters a lot with Alice, there have been so many amazing versions. It's slow but very rewarding doing these cards, I'm not sure I've ever enjoyed any work as much.

Nymphetamine

How are you making them? Printing? Paint? Etc. Are you selling them, and how much?

baba-prague

Nymphetamine said:
How are you making them? Printing? Paint? Etc. Are you selling them, and how much?

We work with digital painting based on photographs. So first we make the costume for the rabbit, then we photograph it on a model, then we add the rabbit (he's mostly drawn, based on about four photographs) and then we repaint the whole thing. It's hard to explain in words, but at some point I'll show a sequence of pictures.

We plan to do large prints on canvas of a few of the final images because we know people want to be able to buy and display them (which is great). But that will be later on as we're very focused on just getting each card right now. We haven't even thought about prices for the prints yet. The deck pricing details - as much as we know them now - are here:

http://www.alicetarot.com/FAQS.html

Nymphetamine

Awesome! I definitely plan on getting some! I so wish I could do graphics like that.

baba-prague

Nymphetamine said:
Awesome! I definitely plan on getting some! I so wish I could do graphics like that.

Thanks :) - well, it's more Alex than me really, he's a very talented illustrator.

FaireMaiden

baba-prague said:
Thanks :) - well, it's more Alex than me really, he's a very talented illustrator.
Yes he is! And you can tell him I said so, *lol*.

victoria.star

baba-prague said:
:heart: You two are each others' muses! :heart:

baba-prague

victoria.star said:
:heart: You two are each others' muses! :heart:

Well we certainly a-muse each other - there's a lot of laughter in this studio.

Pagan X

I had a dream that I chucked it all and flew to Prague, showed up at your door...

of course, I had forgotten to get dressed and was in my nightgown!

But it was ok, because your neighbor was having a slumber party, so the courtyard was full of women of all ages in their nighties with glasses of red wine.

That's what I get for reading Aeclectic before going to bed: this thread, the one about sleeping with decks, and the one on the Ian Daniels Vampyre Tarot (which has many nighties).

But wow: a Baba Studios Slumber Party in a Czech Castle, wouldn't that be fun?