Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Deck Creation

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

theFeeLion 
Citizen

I have only just had my eyes opened to this deck and holy hat on a caterpillar I am so in love with this deck!!! I think I want to make this gorgeous deck my first ever tarot! it really appeals to my sense of balance/light in the dark/artistic eye

I have only just started to scratch the surface of tarot but I am really enjoying being able to understand straight away some of the details you are putting into these pictures and then reading what you have to say about how any why you designed them the way you did and finding out I am actually right (wah that was a long sentence lol!) For example the Queen of Swords with one of her Swords going through her hand, I am not familiar with the standard meaning at all but from just the one detail in your card I got the impression that this was a sacrifice she had made, one that said "I cannot expect you to go through something painful if I am not willing to experience it for myself"

These are a few of my favourite things:
- The sense of movement you are able to capture within each image
- the dreamlike/surreal way you approach interpreting the cards. I have always loved dreaming and the fantastical impossibility of dreams so I really enjoy seeing how clearly you create your images and use that dream formula without making it feel cheesy
- I actually really like how you obscure the faces of all the people in the cards. I think I'm of the same mind as you here, I find the gaze of people in other decks can be distracting. I think that's why I get put off so many other decks; too much staring in my opinion. Don't they know staring is rude?
- the bull horns on your Knight of Swords bring to mind various bull related sayings (bull in a China shop, red rag to a bull)
- 9 of Swords I found very powerful. My first thought was about the rabbit but then I saw how the blood wasn't really blood at all but rose petals
- Destiny/Wheel of Fate makes me think of Grecian/Roman lore regarding the weavers of the loom of Fate, a little of the Minotaur in his labyrinth, and also of a spider (one of my current guides) weaving a web
- I love the surreal feel of the Moon, how she reaches towards something she sees in her scrying dish, which is then reflected in the crescent moon above her which overflows with inky water. It also brings to mind the origins of the words lunacy and lunatic; people used to believe that someone who was mentally ill had spent too much time staring at/spending time under the moon and as such had become moon-touched. - I love the headstrong feel Knight of Wands. She's had to battle to get where she is, so gets fed up with people that get in the way of her doing what she feels needs to be done

Oh wow lol I did NOT intend to ramble on for so long! Oh well, these cards are worth it!

Fee

Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown
theFeeLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #121
Arthurdubya 
Not a crook

theFeeLion:

That was one of the most amazing pieces I've ever seen written about my work. I need to get you to help promote this deck when it's out!

You are spot-on with your interpretations. I had seen the Queen of Swords as someone who valued equality and precise judgment, someone who must pass judgment on herself before she could see fit to judge others (which I think is a quality that is oftentimes lacking in us all). Destiny was very much inspired by the "strings of fate" and also the many-worlds theory, and I'm glad you appreciate the obscuring of the subjects' eyes as I wanted these people to be not singular identifiable people, but symbols for people.

I'm so glad you picked up on all of this, and I very much look forward to seeing your thoughts on the upcoming cards! I'm also very very flattered that you'd like this to be your first deck, but I have to caution that while I'll be launching the main Kickstarter for funding in September, I don't anticipate the deck to finish production until Fall 2018. Is this your first foray into tarot? I'd love to hear more!

Old 3 Days Ago Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #122
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today