The "My Life Ain’t Too Bad After All" Spread

Enlightenment23

I think, a lot of the times, we focus on the negative stuff in our lives rather than the positives.

This spread I created helps change that. This is a free-form spread -- no particular positions.

The "My Life Ain’t Too Bad After All" Spread

1.What is something positive that I think I’m losing, but I’m truly not?
2.What am I worrying about that’s not really even an issue at all?
3.Tell me something negative that I think about myself that’s far from true?
4.What is a special quality that I have that many others seek to acquire?
5.What is something amazing that I have that I take for granted?
6.What is something that I desire that I think will make me happy, but won’t?
7.Name something tough that I’m currently dealing with that will no longer be a problem soon?
8.Finally, what is something positive coming my way that reminds me that life ain’t so bad after all?

-------------------------------------------Sample Spread-----------------------------------------------

1.What is something positive I think I’m losing, but I’m truly not? 2 of Cups

I think I'm losing my ability to connect with my friends and others because I've been so busy lately.

2.What am I worrying about that’s not really even an issue at all? 7 of Cups

I'm in the"Oh my god I don't know what to do!" stage of my career, but it seems like I've been overly worrying about it.

3.Tell me something negative that I think about myself that’s far from true? 6 of Wands Rx

I think I'm overlooked sometimes -- underappreciated and not supported for my achievements and efforts. I guess that's not really the case.

4.What is a special quality that I have that many others seek to acquire? 5 of Swords

I think maybe I know how to pick my battles? I know when something isn't worth fighting for? Maybe my competitiveness?

5.What is something amazing that I have that I take for granted? 9 of Swords Rx

I don't tend to let things get to me. If there is something I simply cannot change, I learn to accept it and try to roll with the punches.

6.What is something that I desire that I think will make me happy, but won’t? Queen of Pentacles

I want total financial independence, freedom and security -- I want to live a decadent, luxurious life. But it seems that it won't make me as happy as I think it will.

7.Name something tough that I’m currently dealing with that will no longer be a problem soon? Hanged Man

It's that 7 of Cups problem I had earlier -- I don't know what to do with my career so I feel like I'm stuck in a rut. But thankfully, this issue won't hang around for long.

8.Finally, what is something positive coming my way that reminds me that life ain’t so bad after all? Wheel of Fortune

It looks like that I was on the downturn of the Wheel of Fortune last year -- and it's finally beginning to turn upwards toward luck and....well.....fortune.

Hope this helps someone!

daphne

This a kind of reassuring spread. Sometimes we need also to see the half full cup.

Thanks for sharing and good luck with everything!

Hemera

I think this is just what I need now. I´ll give this a go asap. Thank you Enlightenment23. :thumbsup:

Citrin

Definitely trying this today, thank you for sharing :)

Saskia

Hello E, you genius! This is a great, unique spread and I immediately did a reading for myself, posted in my blog. Thank you for this creative and positive take!

Enlightenment23

This a kind of reassuring spread. Sometimes we need also to see the half full cup.

Thanks for sharing and good luck with everything!

I think this is just what I need now. I´ll give this a go asap. Thank you Enlightenment23. :thumbsup:

Definitely trying this today, thank you for sharing :)

Thanks so much guys :D!. It means a lot that you guys are trying the spread. I feel pretty cool :cool3: lol. Hopefully you'll get some helpful answers

Hello E, you genius! This is a great, unique spread and I immediately did a reading for myself, posted in my blog. Thank you for this creative and positive take!

Omg I'm featured on your blog? =O *Tear* I am honored. :D AND you did a really great job at interpreting the cards. I'm glad this spread is reaching your readers. Good luck with everything :)

RedwingRaven

I love this, its a really positive spread so I decided I'd give it a whirl.

I had the Ace of Wands fall out while shuffling, so I popped it randomly back in the deck (I don't read 'jumpers' as I'm a clumsy shuffler) and continued to shuffle. Guess what the card for the first position was.......yep Ace of Wands.

One question tho' are you supposed to just shuffle and pull the first 8 cards, or do you re-shuffle for each question?

Beth-Anne

Wrote this down and going to give it a try

Michellehihi

Saskia I went to reas your blog. Very interesting, thank you for sharing but I don't understand how can there be 2 cards 6 of pentacles in your spread....you are mixing 2 decks?

CosmicBeing

I think i might try this on myself. I think this is something i might really need after today lol!!