Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I find the topic too complicated or confusing

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • The topic doesn't interest me enough to join in

Votes: 23 16.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrystalSeas

My posting has gone way down as I got busier here on the site.

I have about the same amount of time available each day, and if it gets used moderating, I don't extend it.

I used to post in Your Readings almost every day, but I just don't get to it before my 'Tarot Forum time' comes to an end.

Herodotus

I go through phases. I've been posting a decent amount recently (I think), but a month ago I barely even visited this site.

For me, the sheer number of threads to sift through is overwhelming, and I end up losing track of what I've commented on and what I haven't. It's difficult to keep up a dialogue like that (there are one or two that I remember well enough to keep tabs on). That's probably the biggest reason. Once I've found an interesting thread, I then have to read through all the other responses, and by the time I get to the end of some of the longer ones, it's been pretty well talked-out (like some others have already said, I'm more likely to contribute when less people already have). So, to sum up: lots of sub-forums - lots of threads - lots of comments - so much to take in I don't feel like adding to it.

I'm more a reader than a writer at heart, anyway; I learn best by reading and internalizing; I joined this site to learn.

Also, I see that a lot of people feel judged, and that's sad.

CrystalSeas

For me, the sheer number of threads to sift through is overwhelming, and I end up losing track of what I've commented on and what I haven't. It's difficult to keep up a dialogue like that (there are one or two that I remember well enough to keep tabs on).

Forum technology can help with that: in the left column, the envelope has a black dot if you've posted in that thread, and no dot if you have not posted.

You can also track threads you are interested in by "watching" them. With the thread open, look at the top menu for the topic. On the right you will see three menus: 'thread tools', 'search this thread', and 'rate thread'.

If you click 'thread tools' you can select 'watch this thread'. By watching a thread, you will see it at the top of your forum list the next time you sign on. It's like 'subscribing' to the thread so that you get notified when there are new posts. (Notifications can be turned off so they don't go out to your email, or turned on so you get an email notification of new posts).

You can also 'watch' or 'not watch' particular forums. For me, I only 'watch' forums I'm interested in, and only even see the forum titles if I navigate to the home page. Otherwise, I'm only presented with the forums I'm interested in.

Padma

Hmmm. Well, one of the reasons I don't post in many threads is simply because the subject doesn't interest me enough to engage me. Or, there have been enough replies that already state something I was going to say.

I don't post in the "your readings" anymore, **unless it is someone reliable asking for help**, simply because I usually don't get any feedback, and I am not going to give of my time and effort for zero discussion afterwards. In fact, I've been removing my posts when I do help, and no feedback is forthcoming. And quite frankly, I am not going to waste my or a moderator's time by constantly having to tell or remind mods that no feedback has been given.

As to your posts, Barleywine, while I usually enjoy reading them (depending on topic matter), frankly, since you stated a while back that you wanted some dialogue on some cards you'd drawn, but then went on to state you had put a great deal of people on ignore, well, I didn't want to then post for nothing, in case I was on your hit list. I didn't see the point. It isn't very inviting to go look at a post, only to be informed by the poster that many people have been put on ignore in regard to the topic at hand, since the poster found their views irritating and/or irrational.

Onaorkal

I'm the same as AnemoneRosie on this one. I'm sincerely interested in many subjects/threads, but for any reason I often feel like I'm not really part of the conversation and that my comment was ignored. I don't want to play the victim here by the way, it's truly one of the reason why I sometimes won't bother to give my 2 cents.

Another reason is that English isn't my first language and it's not always easy putting into words something a bit too long or intricate. Especially when I'm checking the forum from my smartphone, which is 95% of the time!

I still think there are great conversations going on at times and I'm happy to be able to follow the exchanges. :)

AnemoneRosie

.... I notice that the OP hasn't come back to their thread, despite direct questions being asked.
Which is what causes me to feel ignored, and why I rarely post in threads anymore, directly answering the question.

I don't mean for that to be a personal attack, either. It is what it is. I know that life gets in the way.

Ace

It is very helpful. I almost always look at threads I have contributed to, to see if someone has commented on my comment.

barb

Ace

.... I notice that the OP hasn't come back to their thread, despite direct questions being asked.
Which is what causes me to feel ignored, and why I rarely post in threads anymore, directly answering the question.

I don't mean for that to be a personal attack, either. It is what it is. I know that life gets in the way.

I agree though, that a poster should ALWAYS supply feedback about their own thread. Is just courteous. And BTW: when you post on a thread, you AUTOMATICALLY are watching it. Go to your User CP and see ALL watched threads and their latest activity.

barb

Herodotus

Haha. I'm technologically disinclined. The internet and I don't always see eye to eye. I'll be working to figure out all this stuff about watching threads tomorrow. I notice those black dots now, though.