Does anyone else do their journalling online?

MadeiraDarling

I made a tumblr blog for my tarot journaling (after getting an app to make the tumblr UI more atmospherically appropriate for it) because my handwriting is abysmal and I'm left handed.

Also does anyone else do like... a public or semi-public tarot journal cause I'd love to see other people's thoughts.

nisaba

Isn't that called "writing a Tarot blog"?

Gwynydd

I do most of my journalling in a notebook. I also explore my divination habits online via this forum in study group, my blog (it's only new, though) and instagram. It's nice to talk to other likeminded people.

spinnachie

Isn't that called "writing a Tarot blog"?

you took the words out of my mouth lol

unless you're not posting it anywhere, you're just typing it into a word document and saving it...

either way I don't really feel like its journaling if I have to type it. to me journaling is something done with a pen, in a lined notebook that I have decorated however I have felt like at that time ;)

barefootlife

My handwriting is also abysmal (and I'm left handed!) but I prefer paper journalling because things stick in my head when I physically write them down much better than they do when I type them out. Also, there's something nice about the intimacy and privacy of having a physical book that nobody else is looking at. Someday I'll be brave enough to put things out for discourse, but right now this site provides a lot of that for me.

Nemia

I started out journalling in lovely journals, then switched over to Evernote, and now I blog from time to time. I enjoy seeing what others write - and oh those lovely pictures they all put on Tumblr! Everybody seems so fairy-like and etheral ;-) except for poor ole me of course LOL

I don't know whether I'll continue but it's something I've been thinking about for some time...

Beancrew49

I've started journaling online, in a sense. I have a new Youtube channel where I share spreads that I've created and give readings for myself as examples of how to use the spread. It's hard to get used to putting your dirty laundry out there for everyone to see, but I rationalize it by thinking that it might help make someone a better tarot reader. I don't exactly know the procedure for posting personal links on here, but if you want to search it out the channel is called "Light of Ryga" on Youtube.

Starri Knytes

you took the words out of my mouth lol

unless you're not posting it anywhere, you're just typing it into a word document and saving it...

either way I don't really feel like its journaling if I have to type it. to me journaling is something done with a pen, in a lined notebook that I have decorated however I have felt like at that time ;)

I journal pen and ink in the form of automatic writing, part of the way I receive. That is then cleaned up and transferred to Evernote and if it's blog worthy to WordPress and the web at large.

In this day and age I don't think we can limit the way we think about any one method of journaling. There is a new generation coming up that's been weaned on technology. They probably aren't going to revert back to the old ways. And that's good no?? They are finding each other and sharing in ways we never dreamed of. It's wonderful!

Rose Lalonde

I journal pen and ink in the form of automatic writing, part of the way I receive. That is then cleaned up and transferred to Evernote and if it's blog worthy to WordPress and the web at large.

Like Starri, I do pen on paper automatic writing. Mine's just long enough to fill up an index card - about a minute or so, though I don't clean it up or post. I guess I do it more to get the brain going in the first minutes I'm awake.

For tarot, I never journaled regularly in previous years, but my entries over in Tabula Mundi daily draws have become my closest thing to a long term tarot journal.