Who gives you the answers?

Eider

I am sure this has been discussed before. I don't know how to search for this though.

Where do the answers come from? Who or what makes the reading possible. Is it all jus a coincidence? I have wondered. For me it seems to be something that is like a parent. They don't want any harm for me and they always give me good advice. It's never like they would get mad because I didn't listen. They just continue giving me good advice and warnings. For years they have been reliable. I have asked. They say it's someone familiar to me. Maybe I just don't remember them. At least I think is what they are trying to tell me.

But I have to wonder where it comes from. What is actually happening? For months I stopped reading the cards since it felt suspicious but as I did it again I got a positive message.

decan

According to me, the message comes from his/her True Source, whatever the name you label it: the Universe, God, your Guardian Angel etc.
But, you have yourself to interpret the message properly, of course; this is your part.

Otherwise, if we consider that they are as well "bad spirits" in the Spiritual Realm who can deliver messages, this could raise some problems with a few questions, possibly.
Personally I don't worry with that and just think that messages come from my True Source (of Wisdom).

AstroJade

Hello!

In my opinion, the answers come from your higher mind, they cannot come from any external source.

The higher mind is wiser, it is the part of your psyche that has been with you since the beginning (all your previous lives or since you were born here, if you don't like the concept of reincarnation - you choose). The higher mind knows all you have been through, all your history, all your desires, all your potentials, all your difficulties.

The lower mind is the everyday mind, it cannot know the totallity of your mind because if it did, you would not be able to function given the amount of information you would have to deal with. So the lower mind is in autopilot.

When you seek answers from the Tarot, what you are really doing is allowing your higher mind to speak to your lower mind. I see the Tarot as a bridge between these two worlds. You ask a wiser part of you what is the answer and the wiser aspect transfers knowledge to the conscious lower aspect in homeopathic doses.

I definitely do not see the answers as "external" answers. Just my opinion, I understand some might have a different view about that. ;-)

Barleywine

If we assume that there is an "agency" of some sort external to our own subconscious (which itself could just be a personal channel for that agency), it would seem to be spiritual/astral in a mystical sense, psychic in the case of an arguably more "scientific" mind-to-mind link, or a function of the psychological hierarchy rooted in the Collective Unconscious. I'm one who believes that what we experience as unexplainable or magical in the esoteric realm is simply a subtle form of physics that we haven't learned to measure and quantify yet.

IndigoViolet

I am sure this has been discussed before. I don't know how to search for this though.

Where do the answers come from? Who or what makes the reading possible. Is it all jus a coincidence? I have wondered. For me it seems to be something that is like a parent. They don't want any harm for me and they always give me good advice. It's never like they would get mad because I didn't listen. They just continue giving me good advice and warnings. For years they have been reliable. I have asked. They say it's someone familiar to me. Maybe I just don't remember them. At least I think is what they are trying to tell me.

But I have to wonder where it comes from. What is actually happening? For months I stopped reading the cards since it felt suspicious but as I did it again I got a positive message.

It is an exploit of syncronicity that already exist in the universe. The way you can think about it, is you holding your world represented by a tarot deck. Whatever you pick in your deck is a direct reflection of you in the real world. Since syncronicity never cease to exist, what you picked is like taking a snapshot.

Nineveh

The answers come from spirits.

Trogon

All of the above ...

... sort of. For me, when I have delved into the why's and how's of Tarot (through meditation, scrying, etc ...) I have found that there are many sources of information and, in some respect, only one. I know that sounds contradictory, but bear with me. Sometimes I feel that the information is coming from my own subconscious mind and thus from the superconscious. Other times (especially when I read for others), the information feels like it's coming from spiritual entities around the other person, their own spirit guides and/or passed relatives/ancestral spirits. When the information is coming from them it is passed on to me by my own guides/spirits.

So, I feel that sometimes the information comes from my own subconscious which is tapping into a realm beyond myself (often when I read for myself). But my spirit guides and familial/ancestral spirits also bring information to me. All of it is filtered through to my conscious mind where the words which describe the information are formed which I can then pass on to whomever I'm reading for, or write down when the reading is for myself.

I know there are a lot of folks who would disagree with my feelings on this, but it is how it seems to work for me.

Redfaery

When I read, my answers can come from any number of places. Usually it's just my intuition. Often my guide opens me up a bit to help things along. And of course I believe that most of the decks I work with have egregores which can help too.