Baroque Bohemian Cats Tarot

lunakasha

ncefafn said:
I dare say this may be the best King of Swords I've seen in any deck. He's so regal and commanding. I love him. What a face!

Kim

OH MY GOSH....I love it!!!!! What a BEAUTIFUL gorgeous and definitely "regal"-looking cat!!!! This is my new favorite, Baba, soon to replace the Emperor as my wallpaper. Thanks and please keep 'em coming!

:) Karen

catdoc

With each new card that you post I find myself more and more impressed with the care and skill that has gone into the making of this deck. It is awesome! I hope you are planning to print a large first run. I believe you are creating quite a buzz here and I don't want to have to wait too long to get my copy :)
Deb

baba-prague

Many thanks for this encouragement. This card took ages - nearly all Alex's work of course. I must put up a close-up of it - it's worth it.
We just loved this cat so much. In real life he is SO self-confident. He IS the King of Swords!

CatDoc - print run? We don't know to be honest. Now that we have the US/Canada distributors I think they will expect a higher print run. We have to think about what's possible and what we can afford.
It has been a bit unnerving to part with the last separate decks of ToP - we didn't expect that to happen so soon (we have sets, but the decks - we can't even almost fulfil what the distributors are asking for). Whatever happens, we will print more of the decks alone this time. I've learned that people often like to buy a set and a separate deck for use. We both want BBCtarot to be used. I just know it's going to read with a lot of attitude - a cat-like attitude I hope!

Alta

The expression on the King of Swords is perfection. And the detail on the costumes in the close-up! The cool look on the cat holding the sword and the puppet goes so far far in expressing this card.
Definitely want one of the larger size decks (too) if you print them. The whole card is great and the details are spectacular.

Mimers

He reminds me of a cat I had named Joel.....I was Joel's puppet. Joel was such a nice cat he used to let me sleep in his bed every night. That is of course as long as I didn't move around to much. If I did, he would put his paws on my cheaks, and his face near mine. I would open my eyes and apologise of course for disturbing his sleep. I swear he was almost human. When he meowed, it was as if he were talking. Very smart cat.

Major Tom

This deck is going to be a real hit Karen. :)

I was looking at the your cards the other day and Kitty the Demon Cat gave me a command.

She said, "Is that an audition? Send her my photo."

Naturally when I get 'that look' I must obey. :laugh:

Major Tom

Oops! Here's the photo:

Attachments

• kitty the demon cat.jpg
    kitty the demon cat.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 117

baba-prague

Of course Joel was in charge! It was very gracious of him to allow you to sleep on the bed. He was utterly within his rights to tell you off for disturbing him - how could you?

We have Lotte (our Siberian - Siberians take some explaining, fabulous cats but absolutely domineering characters) screaming in outrage outside our bedroom door if we lock her out at night. She cannot believe that we have the nerve to take over her room!
She almost shakes with annoyance.

Lotte is our Sun by the way :)

_______

edited to say. My goodness, I would not mess with Kitty the Demon Cat! Scary, scary ;-)

Mimers

Major Tom, tell Kitty the Demon Cat, s/he looks ravishing!

You know, he didn't treat my kids that way. He was very patient with the kids who were quite small at the time, but not with me. I was expected to wait on him hand and foot.