Giant Rider-Waite Made in China

Freddie

Hi RW,

I can hardly believe US Games are out of this version as I did e-mail and ask. It is very confusing indeed.

Is it possible to have please?

The Hierophant

The Hermit

Knight of Cups

Thank you much!

Freddie

rwcarter

Box Comparisons

Can't fit all 3 boxes on the scanner bed, so the Belgium and China printings are one scan and the Italy printing is a second scan. The Belgium printing is on the left and the China printing is on the right. (And remember that there are many Belgium boxes that have Italy decks in them!)

Dinner and then I'll scan those cards.

Attachments

• Giant RWS Box Belgium vs China Printing.jpg
    Giant RWS Box Belgium vs China Printing.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 163
  • Giant RWS Box Italy Printing.jpg
    Giant RWS Box Italy Printing.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 155

rwcarter

Is it possible to have please?

The Hierophant

The Hermit

Knight of Cups
The three cards together were just slightly too wide for my scanner, so the left image got partially cut off. But in all three cases from left to right are the Belgium, Italy and China printings. I have done no color correcting to the scans, so they are as my scanner scanned them.

Rodney

Attachments

• Giant RWS Hermit Comparisons.jpg
    Giant RWS Hermit Comparisons.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 221
  • Giant RWS Hierophant Comparisons.jpg
    Giant RWS Hierophant Comparisons.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 209
  • Giant RWS KnCups Comparisons.jpg
    Giant RWS KnCups Comparisons.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 209

Freddie

Many thanks to you RW! I have not been able to locate a China or Belgium deck, bit I will keep trying.

Thanks again,

Freddie

Le Fanu

Many thanks to you RW! I have not been able to locate a China or Belgium deck, bit I will keep trying.

Thanks again,

Freddie
There's one in the window of my local tobacconist's which has been there a couple of weeks. Now I'm curious, I may well go in and ask to have a look at the box... From the front, it looks as if it might be a Printed in China one.

Le Fanu

It was the Printed in China one. I bought it. Rodney (my partner in tarot geekdom), have you noticed it has two U.S Games copyrights? I have never seen that on the RWS before.

In the bottom right hand corner of the card it has "© 1971, 2010, U.S Games systems"

Nice cardstock. Glad to see the calligraphy back. But two copyrights?

rwcarter

It was the Printed in China one. I bought it. Rodney (my partner in tarot geekdom), have you noticed it has two U.S Games copyrights? I have never seen that on the RWS before.

In the bottom right hand corner of the card it has "© 1971, 2010, U.S Games systems"
Nov 28, 2010 :D

Freddie

Here is a sample of a 'made in Italy' card from my giant deck. I have sent this to Stuart Kaplan and his reply is that there is nothing wrong with it. Are we surprised?

Anyone can see the red steaks through the large star and the shadow of a square behind the stars.

Oh well, it came in a box maked made in Belgium, but wasn't. The deck was badly warped and other cards are streaked as well, oh well it's my money wasted. The people look like they have measles...lol..shall I continue zzzzzz why bother.

Oh well sometimes we just have to overlook these things and carry on. I'll buy a better one and it is not the end of the world.

Freddie

Attachments

• File2.jpg
    File2.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 146

gregory

My Belgian prints (one majors only, one 78 cards) seem perfect throughout - don't have any red, or the square - which I am not sure I CAN see on that scan - maybe a resolution thing - so if Kaplan's eyes are getting old...

Freddie

Indeed you are right Gregory it doesn't show up as well in the scan. I will just throw it in the bin lol...along with a Medieval Scapini deck as well, because it has his picture on it lol... I will buy the Giant in a different printing and maybe a back up Belgium Hudes and I'm done with them after that. Good grief this Giant Italy deck even has computer paint touch up lines on 'The Tower' card..total garbage. Treasure your Belgium edition.

Lo Scarabeo are sweethearts to deal with and they sent me a replacement card for free when I lost one from 'Tarot of the Angels', I will buy my future decks from them or other publishers.

Freddie