RWS The Fool and 5 elements

Skara

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w390/skarabrae1/th_275px-RWS_Tarot_00_Fool.jpg?t=1330377723
The Fool : Gravity before his feet - earth element. The dog joins him - chemical energy is water element. His feet step forward - movement - air element. The fool’s facial expression lacks fiery awareness - fire element. The tunic containing the fool - space element. The cloth bag over his shoulder suggestively contains the aces --the fool shows improper grasp on the elements, his dilemma is an imbalance of lunar energy (reflective awareness).

This card exemplifies the five elements: space, air, fire, water, earth.

Zephyros

Actually, according to the Golden Dawn attributions, the fifth element is spirit, I suggest you take a look at the Rosy Cross, an important Golden Dawn symbol. I think you will find it most enlightening!

Richard

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w390/skarabrae1/th_275px-RWS_Tarot_00_Fool.jpg?t=1330377723
The Fool : Gravity before his feet - earth element. The dog joins him - chemical energy is water element. His feet step forward - movement - air element. The fool’s facial expression lacks fiery awareness - fire element. The tunic containing the fool - space element. The cloth bag over his shoulder suggestively contains the aces --the fool shows improper grasp on the elements, his dilemma is an imbalance of lunar energy (reflective awareness).

This card exemplifies the five elements: space, air, fire, water, earth.
With that sort of free association, many of the Trumps might exemplify your choice of the five elements. There is nothing proper or improper in The Fool. It represents the human being with the divine spark, who is destined to return to its supernal origins. In this connection, you might want to read The Hymn of the Pearl, a Gnostic poem which describes the experience of The Fool regarding its incarnation in the material world and its ultimate departure therefrom, back to its origins.

Skara

Actually, according to the Golden Dawn attributions, the fifth element is spirit, I suggest you take a look at the Rosy Cross, an important Golden Dawn symbol. I think you will find it most enlightening!

Thank you for the suggestion. To clarify, I say "space" rather than "spirit" or "ether" or "luminiferous ether" or even "ether wind" because I am referencing my own physical body, which contains spaces such as ear canals, mouth, nostrils, etc... and am hoping to convey this perspective of the elements as simply and universally as possible. I do perceive the Golden Dawn as sectarian, which is the opposite of universal. Also I do not think that the wording is as important as the recognition of five divisions, which in my opinion is synonymous with tarot I.e. the four suits plus the major arcana. Perhaps my analysis of the Fool is mere speculation, but to me, a Fool card which shows an interplay between five elemental functions sets a powerful stage for the next four cards in sequence. Still, I am excited to look again into my Golden Dawn material, thank you and many blessings :)