Court Case Result

Nalini

Hi!

While doing a Celtic Spread read related to a court case two cards came up in place of Hopes and Fears - The Empress and just below it the Outcome card - Knight of Wands.

Any thoughts? Do you think the querant overdid things by going the legal way instead of opting for something more amicable? Havoc and nightmarish result?

Kgirl

Hi Nalini ... I could think of many many cards that would indicate a nightmarish result and Knight of Wands is not one of them

It could be a couple of things:

1) the decision or outcome comes alot faster than you anticipated, making your head spin.

2) the outcome is so favourable to you that it warns against being too rash and too boastful

3) the outcome is a little unexpected and it requires a quick response but I don't see that as necessarily negative. Maybe the judge will give you the option to do something or take something and you have to think on your feet; and finally

4) the outcome feels like a short-term fix - you will get an easy win but one that doesn't have any lasting impact

starrystarrynight

Why did you do a second spread on the same question?

Nalini

The querant insisted a second read as I made a mistake of not writing down the entire spread and just focused on 2 above mentioned cards. Goes on to show how green behind I'm my ears!

Just for curiosity and knowledge, does repeating a read of the same question/issue has any negative impact or comes up with incorrect answers?

starrystarrynight

Well, as you saw, you pulled very different cards for Crown and Outcome in the two different spreads. That can get confusing and jumbled for newer readers to try to interpret--especially if they conflict. (Heck, the Celtic Cross is a pretty large and confusing spread in itself!) Sometimes, querents will want you to keep doing spreads if they don't get the answer they want or expect from the first one, and that usually ends up defeating the purpose of reading cards.

So, it's usually better to draw one spread on a question and leave it at that.

Nalini

Oh thanks! Will follow the rule, but must admit as a novice I'm tempted to do it myself sometimes! But as you correctly pointed out the main purpose is defeated then.

starrystarrynight

But please understand there really are no RULES in tarot. :) As you move along your tarot learning process, you will find what works best for you and go from there...it's just that here, we see a lot of newer readers who get confused and frustrated when they do many readings on one question. It's human nature to check and recheck oneself--or to hopefully get the answer you didn't get but wanted on the first go around. It's just counter-productive and sometimes leads to folks either giving up or deciding tarot doesn't work at all and becoming skeptics.

Nalini

Guess you are right but for the time being multiple reading is confusing both for the reader (like me) and for the querant. For example just because I made a mistake and didn't note down the entire reading being focused on two cards only, did it second time (outcome of a court case). The result was different (Your Hopes and Fears - The Fool and Outcome - Lovers). Thus, leaving us in a state of puzzlement as to which one should we go by!

My Important Lesson # 1: Tarot Cards should reveal to us as things are or will be and not what we want it to tell us. :)