Which card did you create first?

starlightexp

6 of Swords here . It was the first that just came to me. I hope to post of a few of them once I get further along on the project

Tasaulkah

The Lovers. At least the first version.

RainbowGypsy

I love finding out what cards people created first and starlight I'm looking forward to you sharing some of your cards when you can.

Starglimmer

Having just started on my deck this year, I made a goal to try to sketch an idea for at least one card a day even if only a rough idea. The day I started I sketched out The Magician and The High Priestess (and have so far kept up with the rough sketches, missing only a day here or there but catching up later). A few days into the sketching process I drew out a couple of ideas in "best" to start working on the full paintings which were for The Hermit and two different ideas for The High Priestess (I want to see what both Priestesses look like when completed in colour). The first full painting completed was The Hermit and I've almost completed one of the High Priestess ideas :)

Having said all that, a few days ago I was looking through some old paintings and found one which would be perfect for my idea of Strength, which I painted over two years ago! So, maybe I started this project two years ago with Strength, without realising! It's hard sometimes to say where things begin :)

wooden-eye

My first card

I started with "the Lovers". It was actually a painting I made as a wedding present for a beautiful young couple- without that one-off gift I would never have started the deck at all. I redid the design for Bonefire; the first was personalised and I of couse no longer had it. I then began to work through the Majors in a haphazard fashion.
At this point, I do think I will do another deck in the future as the artwork has become so intregral to my life. Next time I will not start with the majors as I will hope to rise towards them in my next Tarot journey and will look forward them as I work methodically through the minors. I am currently on the homeward run with Bonefire's creation and I don't feel it is approriate to make big revisions of earlier cards as the deck charts my own path and only I truely know how that has meandered, but that said, on a second run, my method will vary as will my beginning point. xxx woody

Metal Queen

First Tarot card

I painted "The Sun" as my very first card....greatly inspired by the hot Tropical sun of an amazing vacation I had in Costa Rica many years ago.
I've been painting big bright acrylic-on-canvass Tarot paintings for several years and my Wild Nature Tarot cards are featured on Aeclectic's "What's New" for February 2013...Enjoy!

hereeternally

Oh I love this thread and reading about the cards that started them all. I made my first tarot card two years ago and it was The Hanged Man. Because animals have been the subject of my paintings, I thought I could incorporate animals and tarot and The Hanged Man and a possum immediately came to mind. I'm more of a fan of tarot than a reader so by creating my own cards, I thought it'd be a great learning process for me. Here's my first card: http://sobeyondthis.deviantart.com/art/The-Hanged-Man-Tarot-Card-216072419

RainbowGypsy

I love the idea of a possum for The Hanged Man! Love all the sharing in this thread!!

bluedogrose

If I remember right, the first card for the Rabbit Tarot was the Sun. For the TaRat I believe it was the Heirophant. For Bluedogrose it was the Devil (I love beagles) and for my latest it was the Hanged Bird (Hanged man). I guess I didn't really have a system, just jumped right in :)

Tarot Orat

Wow, I started this thread over two years ago, lost track of it, and here it is still going! I'm really enjoying hearing everyone's story.

I'm doing a different deck than the one I started the thread about now, and this time I started with the Fool. For one thing, I had the clearest image of it, and also it was easier to draw than a few of the others I might have started with :laugh: Plus I like the idea of working through the Major Arcana one by one and seeing the path develop.