Birds to Right of Key Card

lord_ewin

IheartTarot said:
One (selfish) reason I would like you to ask Sylvie is because she is busy writing e-workbooks and it will be good for her to see where we get confused most so that she can include examples like these.

I suspect that 'Sylvie' already knows of the question.

tarotcardrose

A really big point that people seem to be missing is the your cards will work according how you charge them.

As many here know, I am working on a tarot book, that got pushed up a year, because I added chapters...and THIS is one subject.

The tarot cards or any divination tool for that matter , are on a tool, to connect to your Divine consciousness/ or the Universal. If you decide that when you read the Lenormand that the birds represent a trip around the world , then every time the spirit world wants to tell you someone will take a trip around the world, they will show you the birds.

The reason the original poster, (I forget who now sorry) had an issue, was because they questioned themselves. If you think the right is the past and the left is the future, and you subconsciously put that in the cards. Then shuffle and say to spirit (by your way) the left is the future. Whatever cards show up there is spirit saying, here is the future.

This is where people make a lot of mistakes. Keep with your method and do not deviate. As I have stated before, I see the 3 of Pentacles as a baptism. I mistakenly did when I was small and learning the Tarot, and guess what, whenever Spirit wants to show me someone is getting baptized , guess what shows up? the three of pentacles.

It doesn't matter which method you use. Make up your own if you want. Change all the meanings of the cards to what you want! And keep with that. It will integrate into your subconscious mind and your subconscious will show you the symbols when they have to.

Whenever I see lilies I always think of Easter. In my family, we give lilies to women on Easter. So, when the lilies come up for timing, I know it is around easter time. Although I think Syvlies method uses it for winter. And I only use her method. Some, things have to change.

Last year I was reading my cards...because I lost a very important little key, and I asked the Mystical Lenormand where it was. I pulled the lilies, on the card is a buddha statue... in the background. When I saw that , I thought....my buddha statue...and I remembered that is where I hid my key!!!!!

Use your intuition first...and the meanings second

olivia1

tarotcardrose said:
The reason the original poster, (I forget who now sorry) had an issue, was because they questioned themselves. If you think the right is the past and the left is the future, and you subconsciously put that in the cards. Then shuffle and say to spirit (by your way) the left is the future. Whatever cards show up there is spirit saying, here is the future.

yes, I did doubt how the cards were meant to be read. That example on pg 200 made me think that perhaps (for questions solely about the future and when certain cards fell on a certain side) that both sides could be the future...or not? I really wasn't sure.

Then overtime, I also started to think that the "present" could include "very near future." By going over my notes, I think I now have a good idea of when the cards in the "past/present" position could possibly be referring to something that will happen in "near future." However its so much easier to just say, "from now on, I will view the 'future' position to include 'near and distant future'" and call it a day.

Last night I asked if someone would contact me within 24 hours of the reading. I had asked this person a question and wanted to know if they would make contact and give me my answer. In the "past/present" position, I saw a communication card. The "future" had wonderful cards..even the Key (again!). Did the person contact me? No. And this time, I wasn't surprised because the cards that mattered to me (to signify communication) fell in the past.

tarotcardrose

Yes Olivia!

I did the same thing the other day. It happens. The best advice is, look through your deck before even reading a book Sylvie's or any book for that matter. Make notes in a book on what you think the cards could mean. Then look them up. Always establish what you think is past , present , future. In Romani, the cards are put in a square and underneath is the past , above is what you are thinking about, behind the woman (how she faces) is past and in front of her is the future! Talk about confusing! But is always worked accurate for the Romani. Just set up up in your mind what you want past, present & future to be.

Leocrab

Phoenix Rising said:
Hi Miss Divine,

The horseman is in the past, so it does not indicate something in the future, it would have to be saying that it has already occurred, so she left (ship) but is "thinking" of returning (horseman) the clouds in the near future or intention is her uncertainty (clouds) of whether to settle down (anchor) it will take time when she has clarity.

Hope this makes sense? It is great to have all these questions.

Phoenix

Now I'm confused.

Ship + Horseman + Woman + Clouds + Anchor

In the book (p. 195) Sylvie says horseman on the left predicts the woman will return.

IheartTarot

Leocrab said:
Now I'm confused.

In the book (p. 195) Sylvie says horseman on the left predicts the woman will return.

I think we all agree it is a confusing example. :)

lark

I think because horseman is next to ship it means she will return, because with ship in past she has already left so it's redundant for the cards to say yes she left... twice...so ship saying she left "past" and in "present' horseman she is thinking of coming back, it is on her mind she might not have acted on it yet.
Or might be in the act of acting on it.

rif

I looked in my Secrets book last night, and one thing the Horseman can mean is a return, as well as news and information or someone incoming. I picture a horse with a rider galloping around, making a big circle. :)

The card on the immediate left of the key card, as I see it, is something that has just happened or is now beginning to occur. So the Horseman indicates that something is on its way recently or right now. This means Angie (the Lady) could be on her way back. As a description of the key card, it could be used to indicate the Angie is thinking about returning, if not already working towards that goal.

Lark has a nice summary.

The cards on the left aren't predicting the future; they are sowing the seeds for the future. It's a subtle difference. Angie may come back in the future, but at some point she needs to think about doing so, and she needs to begin the process. I see the Horseman as indicating those things in this example.

Keep in mind that in real readings, we'll all see things a little differently. These practice exercises presented by Sylvie are meant to drill in the process of the no-layout and all of its subtleties.

And I'm glad to know that I'm not the only person who can get really analytical about card reading. :D

Miss Divine

Leocrab said:
Now I'm confused.

Now we're all confused! ~Sigh~

I wasn't confused until this thread to tell ya the truth.

IheartTarot

I am a lifelong student and it took me a while but eventually I realized that study notes and examples are not always perfect and I learnt to move on if I got stuck. It was not easy for me but I am very glad I was able to do so. :)