Shadow Work: Star of Discovery

SherryZoned

Denial: Star
Anxiety: World
Inferiority: Strength
Anger: Heirophant
Secrecy: Hermit
Self loathing: Empress

I will do some short paragraphs on what this means..This is only at first glance.

Star-I dont always see the whole picture...The truth of it all. I don't use what talents and abilities i do have.

World-My fears.. the world ending (this might sound corny lol) and it would be leaving my son..Who would understand him and take care of him..When I know i have these abilities and talents..and just dont use them.

Strength-If i dont keep my strength..then what am I left with?

Heirophant: I am angry towards people who do not think for themselves. That are so concerned with looks that they dont look on the inside. Spiritual corruption.
(I could come up with more hehe)

Hermit: I share a lot of my family and my base thoughts..I dont share the deep down fears..hopes..dreams..thoughts...I dont let anyone into that world...EVER

Empress: Self loathing
I think the main thing wtih this card..is emotional neediness!

SongDeva

Is this spread from Tarot and Shadow Work, or some other book?

Rhiannon

It's from Jette's book. I still haven't finished my darn stars! LOL It's really kind of difficult to stick with since it's so involved.

I did make some headway and posted it on a Blog here: http://lisat4p.diaryland.com/index.html

The entries with the shadow work are the first few, so you'll need to hit "Older Entries" on the side.

R :)

Kahlie

Thanks brave people for sharing all this

Thanks to everybody who was brave enough to share all this.

I keep wondering if I should do the stars. I don't have the book, and it seems very heavy stuff. Not sure if I should start with it, if I don't have any guidance in the "recovery" part.
Although recently I have begun writing a story called: "Know Thy Enemy, Know Thyself", which explores all my bad and good sides and all the wounds on my soul.

What I saw on Rhiannon's blog is that you use only majors?

Kahlie

Rhiannon

Yeah, only majors. But Jette did publish an article or something later on about using minors as well. I chose not to try that and just keep it simple with the majors.

If you do this, I suggest getting the book, the card descriptions and meanings at the back are a very helpful resource. I know alot of us have trouble reading for ourselves and being objective, so those card meanings helped me look closer and see what was happening and not just sit there staring blankly at the card in my hand! :D

I need to get back to this! I have absolutely no discipline.... its just like my diet. :p

R :)

Kahlie

OK

I guess I better wait then. I don't have any $ to spare at the moment...

I am very curious as to what would turn up though...

Choices Choices....

Master_Margarita

OK, mine was weird

So this is my Star of Discovery:

1. Denial: Strength Rx.
2. Anxiety: High Priestess Rx.
3. Inferiority: Hierophant Rx.
4. Anger: Death Rx.
5. Secrecy: The Hermit
6. Self-Loathing: Chariot Rx.

15frhu9.jpg

I concluded from the weird pattern of reversals that I am really screwed up in every way except that secrecy is not a big issue for me (might explain why I am posting this to the Internet :D ).

1. Denial/Strength Rx: I am in denial about my actual lack of self-mastery. I pretend I have it all together, even to myself. I pretend I am strong, but I know I am weak and I despise myself for it. See the Chariot of Self-Loathing in position 6.

2. Anxiety/High Priestess Rx: I fear my unconscious. Having others look beneath my surface makes me self-conscious, because I feel anxious that others would reject me if they saw my true self.

3. Inferiority/Hierophant Rx: This card would represent my extremely critical parents. And the Catholic Church. A dutiful daughter, I listened too carefully and learned too well, and have made those voices entirely my own. Those judgmental voices in my own head make me feel inferior.

4. Anger/Death Rx: I hold grudges to a depth I am rarely able to come to conscious awareness of. It is killing me to cling to the grudges of my past.

5. Secrecy/Hermit: Probably refers to my fear of death that I never discuss with anyone.

6. Self-Loathing/Chariot Rx: I hate my lack of self-discipline and want to rebuild myself completely. Which means I will not accept myself as I am. I relate this to the High Priestess of Anxiety up in position 2.

Boy, that was fun, wasn't it?

:heart: M_M~

autumnsdaughter

Okay, I finally had the courage to do my Star of Discovery last night. I used the DruidCraft.

1. Denial: Justice
2. Anxiety: Cernunnos (Devil)
3. Inferiority: The Wheel (of fortune)
4. Anger: Strength
5. Secrecy: The Star
6. Self-loathing: The Tower

At first glance, I thought that it all made pretty good sense, except for The Wheel. All of the others, I made snap judgments on at first, but then probed a bit deeper afterwards. Obviously, I'm still digging, so my understanding is a work in progress.
----------
Denial: I'm in denial about my lack of balance, of my own intellect, sound judgment, ability to be logical. Also denial of personal strength- ability to be strong in my opinions.

Anxiety: I am anxious about sexuality- and the dynamics in a relationship. Anxious about control, dominance, being imprisoned, abused, manipulated, victimized. Anxiety related to intimacy, vulnerability, eroticism, wildness, ferocity. This one really resonates with me.

Inferiority: This one was harder... I think it has to do with the completion of things... feeling inferior in regards to not being able to accomplish things, finish what I start, dropping out when things get tough, losing interest midway through a project.

Anger: I can get so furious I feel like a bull in a china shop- I am afraid that if I let myself be angry, that I will get violent, get into a rage, and just start smashing stuff. I am afraid of the strength of my anger. Also, I get angry when others tell me what I can and cannot do, cage me in, or otherwise try to control me. I have a really hard time expressing anger.

Secrecy: I don't do reversals, but if I did, the star would be reversed here- this is depression, hopelessness, futility. Pessimism, despair. Feeling utterly useless.

Self-loathing: I hate myself for the false image that I put out to the world of who I am- my feeling that I have to pretend to be all nice and pleasant when inside I am nothing like that. Also for my breakdowns, and inability to weather stress. Weakness.

Okay, now that I'm stripped bare, anyone have any insights that I've missed? I am open to your interpretations... especially with The Wheel.

autumnsdaughter

M_M, I'm sorry I didn't see yours earlier.

It is really brave of you to post it here. I'm not surprised to see the reversals, just because of the nature of this work. I don't do reversals, but if I did, I'm sure most of mine would be reversed too.

Thank you for posting your star here! Now I don't feel so vulnerable.

Master_Margarita

autumnsdaughter said:
I am open to your interpretations... especially with The Wheel.

O brave one!

Just looking at the comments on the shadow meanings of the Wheel, is it possible that you blame others for your sense of inferiority (feeling victimized) or that you are clinging to a sense of inferiority based on events or feelings from your past? You might also feel inferior because you are unable to see the big picture (according to the meanings of this card).

I am glad that my posting my own Star of Discovery (I almost typed "Scar" instead of "Star"!!) made you feel a little less vulnerable. This is intense stuff, isn't it?

:heart: M_M~