The Housewives Tarot

zhahmi

I've just returned from a visit to my neighbourhood major chain book store with the Housewives Tarot. The visit was bittersweet to me, because I NEVER buy anything there if I can help it, especially when I can pick something up at my neighbourhood metaphysical store. Alas, they had never heard of the Housewives Tarot, so off I went to the big store.

I was delighted to see that they had five copies of this deck in the store! Upon closer examination, though, I noticed that four of the five decks had been opened and had been pilfered. Stolen goods ranged from the divination book to the entire contents! I was heartbroken. Who could do this? When I brought the four sets that had been defaced to one of the cookie-cutter staff, she looked at me blankly and said: "Um... that sucks", and then walked away.

Needless to say, I scooped up the last of the Housewives Tarot decks that had not been assaulted. To my great surprise when thumbing through the deck, tarot clicked for me. The symbolism is the same in this deck as it is in every Rider-Waite clone I've picked up, but somehow these pictures just... made sense. I'm thrilled!

If you haven't had a chance to check this deck out, I highly recommend that you do. It is beautiful. Such a charm to own!

Zhahmi

Jewel-ry

zhahmi said:
Such a charm to own!

Zhahmi

I think this comment sums up my feelings too zhahmi. It is a charm, a novelty almost but I really do like it. I love the way it is packaged and the fifties depiction of the cards. Some of the cards remind me of my mum; the hairstyles, tight skirts, stilletto shoes. And of course the products that have been used in some of the cards seem so appropriate as well. Glad you managed to get hold of it. Have you read with it yet?

sarahava

Ooooh! I'm so glad you like it. This is my favorite deck of the moment, and has been since I bought it about 6 weeks ago. I find it much easier to relate to. Even my sister - who's never read tarot cards - was able to interpret her own spreads easily with this deck.

I even love the packaging. I have nice bags for all of my decks, but this one stays in the recipe-box because it's just so charming. :)

Jeanette

I got this deck at holiday time, and I just think it's so cute ~ it lives on my kitchen counter, because where else would you store a recipe box!! That's so sad about the decks being assaulted at the store. You just can't account for the actions of others.

zhahmi

I have read with this deck and everything just seems to come together with it. My partner doesn't see them as the gem they are - which actually, the more I think about it, the more I like it. He's trying his hand with my decks, and refuses to buy his own... it's nice to have one that he won't touch!

Tk2dsky

Mine finally came

Got this deck today...what can I say...Love at first site :)

B*B
Ericka

RichardDirt

Yeah, this tarot was one of the first where I could understand the symbolism. I haven't used it for readings, but it's my little pet. So clever!

MareSaturni

It's my pet too. Oh, i love this deck, the readings always make sense...the symbolism is interesting and real. And the box is so pretty pretty pretty!!!

Definitely my little love. But so are all my deck :D
It's so hard to choose!

~Yuko

Whitestar

I'm glad to hear you all like this deck so much! I was wondering what it was like to read with.

I saw it in a bookstore about a month ago, and almost bought it :).

Now it's definitely on my wish list!

Kinda funny...right now I am a housewife...well, a full-time mom, as I like to call it. So it seems rather appropriate!

ocho8s

I love this deck too, I got it from a fellow atf member and it has been great to do reading with it or just plain looking at it
but unlike you zhahmi, my brother did like it a lot so now he has it in his house and he says he would give it back to me as soon as he is done with it....... which might be a loooooonnnnnnggggg time :(

Anaoly