The One Card You Check...

NightWing

Moon Makes It!

With an attractive and compelling Moon card, I can put up with a lot of dross in a deck. With a poor or repelling Moon, no matter how wonderful the rest of the deck might be, I won't be using it. The oddity is; I'm not entirely sure why this is so!

WolfSpirit

Cards that can ruin a deck:
Strength ~ if there is violence in the card instead of gentle persuasion
Hanged Man ~ if he is hanged by the neck
I am happy to say there are not that many decks that have either of those.

The card I am the most curious about in every deck is The Moon, it is often the best card in an artistic sense.
I have not yet bought a deck just because I like the Moon card, I think I would have to be absolutely in love with the card to do that.

Nice avatar , by the way. I wonder how many people here remember what that is ?

I know what it is, I don't know what it is called though. We just called it thingy.

Citrin

It's definitely The Moon for me. I also carefully look at some cards that show people, they have to look good and detailed to me, with good proportions and distinct looks.

Cielo

I'll have to say High Priestess and Queen of Cups.....but in general, it takes only a few unappealing cards in a deck for me not to use it at all......;)

jackdaw*

For me the clinchers are Temperance and Strength. If I don't click with those cards, odds are good I won't click with the rest of the deck. And the Queen of Pentacles (naturally!), although she's not a really high criterion. Like Khaelo, I can see my own interpretations of that card instead of an uninspiring one.

QofP

PS: Oh yes, and (oddly enough) the Five of Pentacles. Don't ask me why, but this is a card that *has* to ring true for me.

mythos

For me it is any cards in any deck which is are 'dead' cards... no not talking about 'death' card, but ones that just have no life in them ... or should I actually say .. activate no spark of life in me! This varies from deck to deck.

mythos:)

gregory

WolfSpirit said:
I know what it is, I don't know what it is called though. We just called it thingy.
I know what it is too; we still call it "where the hell is the...." Does no-one else still use the things you need it for ????? Am I the only real oldie around here (nope !)

Death, for me, then Queen of Cups.

Emily

I usually check out the Empress and Moon cards - I have to be able to relate to the Empress, if I don't like this card it can break a deck for me - and the Moon just because I like to see a really nice Moon card. It doesn't have to be the traditional RWS scene but it has to be visually attractive.

The Devil and Death cards don't bother me but then again I use the Morgan Greer and you don't get a more Devilish looking card than that one :D - other Devil cards are tame by comparison.

gregory

The death card doesn't BOTHER me - I just love them,and couldn't relate to a deck where I didn't like it. then again, I would buy it anyway..... I'm hopeless, let's face it ! :p

DarkElectric

Wow, this is a great topic. The 3 of Swords is pretty crucial for me. I'm so tired of swords/knives stuck in a heart motif. Yeah, the 'point' gets across, but I think it's boring. Sappy Devils don't make it either. One reason I love my Spiral deck so much- great 3 of Swords. The Devil is wonderful too, and all of the major arcanna speak to me in ways I consider important.

And alright, I'm stumped by that Avatar, Lawguy. What the heck is it?
My best guess would be something to do with textiles, possible a thread or yarn winder.