About Merlin Tarot

rupadupa

About Merlin Tarot cards

I just wanted to know if anyone here is using Merlin Tarot cards..I just bought myself a Merlin Tarot pack. The cards are subtly coloured and creates quite an impact, especially the trumps..The feel of the cards is magical...
I just wanted to confirm if reversed cards are avoided while using the Merlin Tarot. cards.( This is according to the handbook)..Any feedback on that aspect?

WolfSpirit

I have the Merlin tarot but have not used it much yet...I really love the majors but the minors are putting me off a bit, they look so uninspired compared to the majors.
I never use tarot reversals but I do read the cards in the so-called "ill-dignified" meaning where that seems fit.

rupadupa

Anyone using Merlin Tarot pack here? just wanted to know, according to the book that came with the pack, Merlin Tarot does not used reversed cards..is that true?
Are Merlin Cards better for meditation than fotune telling?

nexyjo

i am not familar with the merlin tarot pack, but i've always thought the use of reversals is really up to the reader. i rarely use them myself, regardless of whether or not the deck's creator recommends them. i believe it's really a matter of how well they work for you.

regarding meditation verses fortune telling, i don't believe that the tarot can be used for "fortune telling", but that's my personal view. i think any deck can be used for any purpose for which it works, so i'd say that what ever purpose any deck work for the user, is the "better" use.