how do i start??

Pao

so lately i was thinking that astrology would help me with my readings and add on to them quite nicely. problem is i have no idea where/how to start because i was never that good at remembering the planets to begin with. soo many things to remember it seems, so many different ways to affect people and their moods. its fascinating yet intimidating. so should i just start off with astrology for dummies?? :laugh:

czarner

Well, I came to tarot via astrology, the opposite direction from you, and I found it helpful to bear in mind the astrological attributions of the cards when trying to understand them, so it might be a good idea to think of the relevant suits + major arcana cards when trying to get your head around the nature of the elements + various signs and planets. I suppose it depends on the decks you use though - I have always used the Thoth deck (and to a far lesser extent the Rider-Waite), which is particularly strongly integrated with astrology.

To help you get a handle on the houses, you could try using the Astrological house spread, with 12 cards in a circle, each one representing a different area of life. Each house also corresponds to an astrolgical sign (1st-12th = Aries-Pisces), so it's good for giving you a feel for the signs too.

There are lots of good, free, online resources for learning about the basics of astrology. A good outline is at http://www.thelemapedia.org/index.php/Astrology - it provides some good links too. http://www.selfhelpastrology.com/ (click on the 'Basics of Astrology' tab) offers a more descriptive introduction. I have found http://tryskelion.com/ a great resource for learning about tarot, so you might want to look at the astrology section there (click on 'The Arts' tab on the left hand side). Finally, http://www.skyscript.co.uk/ is a massive and very very professional astrology site with absolutely tons of info, ranging from the introductory to the highly obscure!

Hope that helps.

Pao

thank you guys! i was checking some of these sites and it looks like a completely different language to me but ill keep reading until i learn!

yes czarner i was looking into the astrological spread for a while now, that is the reason i wanted to get into astrology more. the spread seems very complete but if i knew more on astrology maybe i could add more to my readings like timing, personality types etc.

ill take it step by step and see how it goes from there. thanx for the sites!!

franniee

I came to tarot thru astrology as well. :D

I like astrologyzone.com you can begin there. I bought a bunch of books....but really I began with my chart and then my family and friends.... I bought planets in transit by Robert Hand and The Astrologer's Handbook by Frances Sakoian and went back and forth with it.

Also Astrodienst.com is good. You can cast your chart on it and it will give you some info and then you can go deeper if you want.

It is complex! :D

:heart:

Pao

thank you guys! i will go and search these some more. its very complex indeed but think of how much fuller a reading will be with this knowledge! :D

Pao

omg i just read through the site FoolToThink posted and I am soooo confused!! there must be a astrology for dummies website out there that makes it simpler!:confused:

Ok I am going off to try SMV's site. this is like being in school i just need the basic and then go off and incorporate but i am having a bit of difficulty. i wish the community college around here had astrology classes :(

Little Hare

Pao said:
so lately i was thinking that astrology would help me with my readings and add on to them quite nicely. problem is i have no idea where/how to start because i was never that good at remembering the planets to begin with. soo many things to remember it seems, so many different ways to affect people and their moods. its fascinating yet intimidating. so should i just start off with astrology for dummies?? :laugh:

I have the same problem... and have now signed up for astrology classes in the new year :)... I've never been able to learn astrology from books... Why not try googling Federation of astrologers in your country and see what comes up? That's how i found my teacher :) and i was surprised by how reasonable the cost of classes are :D