Refusing to believe a Chart isn't correct because the personality doesn't match it

Darth MI

Another topic related to the abusing astrology thread.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=213039

In one astrology site I visited from, people were saying its BULLSHIT one poster was Cappy Ascendant because her posts don't match the stereotypical description of Capricorn Asc (reserved and not talkative) and she was ¨open¨ about herself (she had no hesitation sharing my interests such as movies, share stuff I chatted with people in other sites, etc).

One user said there is noway she can be Cappy Asc because no restrained person would be so open about herself and keep posting frequent threads in a short time frame (she had no hesistation talking about her hobbies and she kept making a lot of posts not necessarily related to astrology)

This wasn't the first time. In Yahoo Answers in a previous alias one guy was flamebating me that there is no way I could be a Aquarius dominant because I was too aggressive in arguments (thanks to the utter nonsense people abuse astrology) and my grammer was terrible (comeon this is the internet!)

In another thread from I saw one user mocking that another posters birth time was ¨wrong¨ because if he who is truly a Taurus Asc or Taurus dominant he was would not lose it (this guy was flamebaiting said user over a few months old issue that nobody else in the site no longer give a damn at that point). He literally believes said user couldnt be Taurus ascendant because a true Taurus asc would remain calm. Ignoring the fact that he had been trolling said user for months and from what I observed said user finally lost it because the troll was bringing up a dead horse from months ago. Even I have to admit I was getting pissed with this troll (and the fact no mods have banned him yet) and I have decided to leave the site/

I notice indeed if you don't match what your chart states in many online astrology communities they begin to accuse you lying about your birth time. In the first incident the user even stated outright she was BSing and making stuff up (despite the fact she posted my natal chart with a PRECISE BIRTH TIME).

Its like they expect you to literally act like what your chart says word for word.

Some pointers I have to point out.

1)PEOPLE ACT DIFFERENTLY ONLINE from IRL.

Hilarious because some other users state they had Cappy Asc,etc and they are indeed reserved irl. But on the astrology sites they were anything but reserved in fact going by their posts they are literally EXTROVERTED!

2)This ignores THE REST OF THE CHART!!!!

The first example thought the Cappy Asc girl was extroverted and open to. But if the attacking user actually paid attention to some other posts Cappy Asc girl made and looked at the chart pic she posted, he realize she was not only Cappy-Libra dominant tied but she also have some strong masculine placements (major planets in fifth house, heavily aspected Leo Moon, at least 4 planets in Air and FIRE). So its obvious there is going to be a lot of air influence to severely downplay the Capricorn reservedness.

By using that logic a Adolf Hitler cannot be a Libra Asc. because he advocated the genocide of millions of people and was a warmonger.

3)It ignores LIFE EXPERIENCES

I may be Aquarius dominant but life experiences have made me embitterred and prone to tempers. I am trying to control it but I am so damn angry from my life experiences as well as witnessing the abuse of astrology in many sites I lose it a few times when I see stupidity. So by using that troll at Yahoo Answers' personal logic, if an old man is timid and paranoid, there is no way he is a double Leo and hes probably Scorpio Asc? Ignoring the fact that old man was a survivor of the Holocaust from World War 2 and is suffering severed trauma?

Or that Audie Murphy was not an Aquarius moon because he was emotionally unstable most of his life, something that contradicts the emotional nature of Aquarius moon? Ignoring the fact that he was suffering PTSD because he went to war at a very young age and saw most of his friends killed?

I don't care if the chart states I'm supposed to come out as dashing because I have Leo Asc or emotionally distant because I am an Aquarius moon and Aquarius dominant, anyone whos survived something as terrible as the Holocaust or lived the life experiences Audie Murphy had would definitely come out a changed and permanently damaged man, enough to definitely destroy whatever trace of personality he once had before the traumatic experiences.

Have any of you ever witness this stupidity in the astrology community? What do you think of this ¨he can't be a Leo Mercury because he is soft-spoken and quiet¨ blah blah blah blah!

Its one of the biggest stupidities in the astrology community I seen online and it violates the basic rules of psychological astrology 1)People act very differently online than irl 2)The rest of the chart alters one specific placement such as Asc 3)Life experiences is what mostly SHAPE UP our PERSONALITIES and WORLD VIEWS and not astrology.

DavidMcCann

By using that logic a Adolf Hitler cannot be a Libra Asc. because he advocated the genocide of millions of people and was a warmonger.
And they forget that this was a man who could attract millions of followers and charm most people who met him!

As you say, a lot of people approach astrology in a very simplistic way. But then a lot of astrologers are, to put it bluntly, rather simple people: it does attract the woolly minded. I got so exasperated that I dropped out of the astrological community.

But you can get charts where you can see something's wrong, and then you need to check your facts. When I first cast my own chart to see if astrology worked, the only thing that didn't was the ascendant: there was no way that I could be a Taurean. A little investigation showed that my reference book was wrong in saying that I was born during summer time, so I was actually a Gemini. I once went to a talk where a well-known astrologer was trying, not very successfully, to make sense of Tesla's chart — she had the wrong birth data.

SweetSiren

Just a note- I think Aquarius dominant people can be aggressive in debates/arguments. Most of the time, they aren't. But I've noticed every aquarius has that one chord, that when plucked torrential downpour ensues. Most of the time people don't even understand what the fuss is about because what angers them doesn't bother most people, but that is because the Aquarius mind is on a much broader, higher level than most. Being close with a few aquarius folks in my life makes me enjoy and appreciate this about them very much. Of course it's almost always about an idea or a philosophy, so the aggressiveness is riddled with facts and examples. Also how the aggression shows up in those moments widely depends on other things. And in the heart of hearts, the aquarius knows that although they are angered in the moment, they will soon be over it. I just can't say enough wonderful things about Aquarians lol.
So... that person must not have met an aquarius before because the aggression happens, just far less often than most others.

And yes- people can take the internet much too seriously. Sorry you had to deal with that as you were only trying to learn!

Kristyjnh

I think astrology is just one of those things that's really easy to abuse because it is so complex. The more I learn about it the more I realize there a deeper level past whatever understanding I just reached. Level one annoys me the most - The Sun Sign. Only the Sun Sign. Like, do some people really think there are only 12 options for how a person can be? (Okay, I know most psychological personality typing has 12 or less, just let me rant). Really?And that everyone born in early August is destined for drama class and party throwing because they were born in Leo Sun so just shower them with the attention they so obviously need, nevermind the Gemini Asc, Cancer Moon, and Chart Ruler (Mercury), Venus and Mars in Virgo. *Breathes deeply* So yeah, I get you.

I was wondering though, about people who really don't match their charts - like, I've looked it over, signs, houses, transits - and she just doesn't match up. Her chart is very fire dominant, but she's totally a water-type person. Even when she was little. What causes that? Is it because she was born 2 weeks past her due date? (and ended up in Aries instead of Pisces?)

Not to derail the thread or anything, the wonderful 1st rant just made me think of it. ;)

SweetSiren

I think astrology is just one of those things that's really easy to abuse because it is so complex. The more I learn about it the more I realize there a deeper level past whatever understanding I just reached. Level one annoys me the most - The Sun Sign. Only the Sun Sign. Like, do some people really think there are only 12 options for how a person can be? (Okay, I know most psychological personality typing has 12 or less, just let me rant). Really?And that everyone born in early August is destined for drama class and party throwing because they were born in Leo Sun so just shower them with the attention they so obviously need, nevermind the Gemini Asc, Cancer Moon, and Chart Ruler (Mercury), Venus and Mars in Virgo. *Breathes deeply* So yeah, I get you.

I was wondering though, about people who really don't match their charts - like, I've looked it over, signs, houses, transits - and she just doesn't match up. Her chart is very fire dominant, but she's totally a water-type person. Even when she was little. What causes that? Is it because she was born 2 weeks past her due date? (and ended up in Aries instead of Pisces?)

Not to derail the thread or anything, the wonderful 1st rant just made me think of it. ;)

Derailment noted, and I might be derailing farther, but I think it may come full circle. In my personal studies, I find that it is so important to keep a very, very, very..... very open mind.
So even when things start getting interesting and specific (transits, ascendants, etc.) people put their own spin how these characteristics are expressed through them. Even astrology, as a personality decoder, can't decode the soul. So, it is in this that I keep an open mind. I have one idea of a fire personality, of how ambitious, brave qualities manifest, but really there are so many.

Not sure if that makes sense but I tried haha

Darth MI

Just a note- I think Aquarius dominant people can be aggressive in debates/arguments. Most of the time, they aren't. But I've noticed every aquarius has that one chord, that when plucked torrential downpour ensues. Most of the time people don't even understand what the fuss is about because what angers them doesn't bother most people, but that is because the Aquarius mind is on a much broader, higher level than most. Being close with a few aquarius folks in my life makes me enjoy and appreciate this about them very much. Of course it's almost always about an idea or a philosophy, so the aggressiveness is riddled with facts and examples. Also how the aggression shows up in those moments widely depends on other things. And in the heart of hearts, the aquarius knows that although they are angered in the moment, they will soon be over it. I just can't say enough wonderful things about Aquarians lol.
So... that person must not have met an aquarius before because the aggression happens, just far less often than most others.

And yes- people can take the internet much too seriously. Sorry you had to deal with that as you were only trying to learn!

You totally missed the point of that specific example. Just because I acted in a way contradictory about the stereotypical nature of a sign or chart, the person automatically dismissed me and went "your chart must be wrong!!!"

My aggression was not so much due to Aquarius blah blah blah but because the stupidities going on. This thread is one example-I don't care if you don't match your personality unless there is concrete evidence of another birth time, you don't necessarily have to match your "real chart". So many factors influence a personality shaping them into the way they are today.

Its like people expect to use the natal chart as a predetermined path of their life and personality (ignoring the fact the chart is often just tendencies).

Darth MI

The first example I used was not Sun Sign but the Ascendant.

I mean common sense, PEOPLE ACT differently online than irl.

And even if you have most of your planet in Aries in the first house, it doesn't mean you'll be athletic and aggressive as Aries are streotyped.

In your example about the fire dominant person, have you asked her about her upbringing and past life experiences? Have you even asked her personally rather than referring to the chart?

Change in Sun Sign alone-and indeed change in any single planet or placement except the ascendant or dominant-does not bring immediate change in personality intepretations and broadcasting. In fact a single change in planet or so forte is often useless without taking the chart into account.

So unless the person you are referring to has a drastic change in ascendant and dominant (or both), the revelation her birthday is in April instead of mid March doesn't do anything to affect her personality from an astropsychological perspective.

Kristyjnh

In your example about the fire dominant person, have you asked her about her upbringing and past life experiences? Have you even asked her personally rather than referring to the chart?

Change in Sun Sign alone-and indeed change in any single planet or placement except the ascendant or dominant-does not bring immediate change in personality intepretations and broadcasting. In fact a single change in planet or so forte is often useless without taking the chart into account.

So unless the person you are referring to has a drastic change in ascendant and dominant (or both), the revelation her birthday is in April instead of mid March doesn't do anything to affect her personality from an astropsychological perspective.

She's my best friend, so, yes, I know her personality and am aware of her history. I know it has had a strong effect on how she perceives her personal power. I knew her when she was young as well, in kindergarten, and I remember her being on the timid side. I have gotten her permission to share her sign placements, Aries Sun 10th house, Cancer Asc, Sag Moon 5th, Aries Mercury 10th, Taurus Venus 11th, Cancer Mars 12th, Leo Jupiter 1st. From the little I've learned (which is not a lot), her fire signs are for the most part well aspected(? is that the right word?).

As for her past lives, she's had 3 as a human, the most distant being an egyptian housewife who died of old age, the second as the son of a tribal leader in Costa Rica who is killed at 11, and the last as a spanish war leader, who died in his 60's in a skirmish at sea a hero.

It's her theory that her chart doesn't match up because that's not when she was "supposed" to be born. I don't know a whole lot abouts charts yet, so I really have no idea why hers is so far off. I was just wondering if anyone else know someone like that and/or why they think that might be.

SweetSiren

You totally missed the point of that specific example. Just because I acted in a way contradictory about the stereotypical nature of a sign or chart, the person automatically dismissed me and went "your chart must be wrong!!!"

My aggression was not so much due to Aquarius blah blah blah but because the stupidities going on. This thread is one example-I don't care if you don't match your personality unless there is concrete evidence of another birth time, you don't necessarily have to match your "real chart". So many factors influence a personality shaping them into the way they are today.

Its like people expect to use the natal chart as a predetermined path of their life and personality (ignoring the fact the chart is often just tendencies).

Well some people do think through their own observations that some parts of your chart can predict a situation. I agree, you can't predict a life path with anything! But if you study someone's tendencies enough, you can get an idea of what kind of situations they might find themselves in.

But yeah I understand, when people study anything deemed occult, they sometimes hold it as like an ultimate truth blinding any rational thought. Me for example... I'm aries sun, aquarius moon. Some things line up... I like people, I can think too much, I need my personal space, I enjoy experiencing new things. But... Sometimes this is supposed to denote a charming personality and being extroverted. I might like communicating, but I'm definitely more on the awkward, misunderstood side of the spectrum and I can be more dependent on others than I like to lead on. As a stereotype, I should be more cancer/libra.

So yeah I get what you mean, this stuff is interesting, but it's not the end all be all explanation of humanity... as nothing ever will be.