Majors-only weekly focus spread

Masa

I've been thinking about this for a while, but I've only just now actually tried it for the first time. It looks pretty interesting from here! I'll report back at the end of the week and see if it actually helped. :)

The basic idea is that there are 22 Major arcana, and 7 days in a week. This means that if you shuffle up just the 22, you could deal out three for each day, and set the remaining one up as your overarching theme for the week. (Or, if you prefer, a thing to omit and not pay attention to during the week. Decide which one before dealing it, is all. :))

So at the start of the week, make a chart for the next seven days and note down any big tasks or events you already know will be happening on those days. For example, this week my best friend is getting married, so I have something major every single day. Other weeks, I might just be writing "do the laundry and get out of the house" a bunch of times.

Next, write down your three cards for each day, and the Theme card at the top (or the Omission card at the bottom, either way). Finally, interpret your three cards using any three-card spread you feel like! I just did a general synthesis kind of thing, but other people might like to do a morning/noon/evening spread, a dialectic, a good-energy/bad-energy/advice spread, something with elemental dignities...maybe all of the above. Who knows! I'm not the boss of you!

Anyway, write these initial interpretations down, and when the day comes, treat them like you would a daily draw--but always keeping an eye out for that Theme card. Then write some more stuff down after the day is done.

(My theme card for this week is The Fool. All right! Time to go on a journey and have some new beginnings and try not to do anything stupid!)

Masa

(Another fun way to use your three cards, rather than assigning them to days, is as a prompt for writing haiku. Trying to work the theme into all of them makes it way harder and also way more awesome! If you prefer another poetic form to haiku and are just that good, then go for it! And I want to see it! I should make a thread somewhere for that kind of stuff, too...)

vee

Did you end up doing this? It seems interesting. I'm too distract able to doit properly, I'm afraid, but I am curious how it worked out!

Masa

Did you end up doing this? It seems interesting. I'm too distract able to doit properly, I'm afraid, but I am curious how it worked out!

It was interesting! A few of the days I was able to derive good advice from. Some of the others were just kind of eh.

I think I'm not really a "daily draw" kind of girl, is the thing? I'd love to get feedback from someone who does this sort of thing more often, and hear whether it makes a good alternative.

(It's still an awesome haiku-writing seed, if nothing else.)