Is Cross always doom and gloom ?

Sharla

Grief and suffering and burdens, hard times etc....can this card ever be anything positive ?

I suppose the only positive thing would be fate/destiny, does anybody use this card for fate/destiny or is it always bad ?

lightpers

I always think that the Cross has significant tone in the readings, where as the burden that the querent get might because of their own karma. Even when they thought they didn't do the bad things but i think everything has happened because there is law of reason and cause. they atone what they did.

For positive or negative because of the burden i think it depends on our each perspective towards the burden.

Tigerangel

It can relate to a spiritual person aswell as being someone with heavy burdens, would really depend on your surrounding cards close to the cross to know if it's positive or negative.

Normally when I get it in a spread it relates to faith /spirituality and only small burdens, if you got woman/man and the cross and key/book in the same spread then you could read it as a woman/man being successful at learning or teaching spiritual information.

So personally myself I think it can be a positive card if the others cards surrounding it are positive aswell.

Padma

The Cross has come up for me in daily readings as something planned, like a Dr.'s appointment or a luncheon date, etc; it has come up with Dog to indicate a friend of mine who is a padre; and it has come up with more positive cards like Star to indicate that I am going to get what I am wishing for, but that happiness ultimately has a cost; I may have to undergo some difficulty to get what I want in the end.

On the whole, unless surrounded by negative cards, I think the Cross is a lot like the Ten of Wands card in tarot - it simply means that there may be a bit of weight to carry in regard to achieving our goals. Something perhaps not too easy, but doable...and sometimes the "heavy burden" aspect of it may simply be referring to thoughts or worries, or emotional burdens such as guilt, and not actual negative events.

Sharla

I always think that the Cross has significant tone in the readings, where as the burden that the querent get might because of their own karma. Even when they thought they didn't do the bad things but i think everything has happened because there is law of reason and cause. they atone what they did.

For positive or negative because of the burden i think it depends on our each perspective towards the burden.

Yes Karma i forgot about this, so causing something yourself so to speak.

I suppose with say instance heart + cross + coffin, this could be Karma then in the aspect of an emotional ending that is your own doing...going on Karma.

Thanks for the reminder about Karma.

Just to add though, to me Karma would be a neutral tone to this card, not exactly a positive.

Sharla

It can relate to a spiritual person aswell as being someone with heavy burdens, would really depend on your surrounding cards close to the cross to know if it's positive or negative.

Normally when I get it in a spread it relates to faith /spirituality and only small burdens, if you got woman/man and the cross and key/book in the same spread then you could read it as a woman/man being successful at learning or teaching spiritual information.

So personally myself I think it can be a positive card if the others cards surrounding it are positive aswell.

Yes i do see it as religious also, even though its never really come up for me to represent religion or spiritual in any readings i've done, as of yet.

Good point on seeing what cards are around the Cross, to point to a negative or positive aspect.....i keep forgetting about surrounding cards.

Sharla

The Cross has come up for me in daily readings as something planned, like a Dr.'s appointment or a luncheon date, etc; it has come up with Dog to indicate a friend of mine who is a padre; and it has come up with more positive cards like Star to indicate that I am going to get what I am wishing for, but that happiness ultimately has a cost; I may have to undergo some difficulty to get what I want in the end.

On the whole, unless surrounded by negative cards, I think the Cross is a lot like the Ten of Wands card in tarot - it simply means that there may be a bit of weight to carry in regard to achieving our goals. Something perhaps not too easy, but doable...and sometimes the "heavy burden" aspect of it may simply be referring to thoughts or worries, or emotional burdens such as guilt, and not actual negative events.

Padma i can actually relate to this more, when you say "something planned" so its going to happen no matter what...so destined.

And even more so when you've combined it with the star to say your going to get what your wishing for, but the happiness ultimately has a cost.

Ive been practicing GT's more this past week, and i've done one today for the rest of this month, and as i always do 9 x 4 GT's then the 4 corners that you read, obviously Cross is one of the corners.

So i had Myself "lady in (rider)..........................Stars in (bouquet)
..................... Stork in (man)........................... rider in (cross)

This is where the thought came from about the cross, even its house. As as you can see with such positive corners cards, i was thinking how can this rider be sat in a Negative house...which made me think that cross must be able to be read more positively at times.

So by the looks of things i may be getting something i've been hoping for but like you say "at a cost".......or maybe its just meant to be and will be happening no matter what.

Padma

Hey Sharla :)

Rider is an extremely positive card, and so it is hard to imagine that it won't lighten the Cross in some way. My method for reading with the Houses is to use it like the first card in a two card spread, so - Cross/Rider: Someone helpful is on the way, or someone will arrive who is spiritual, or a guest that is destined to come to see you :)

So yes, I would have thought that it is something "fated" to happen. Your corner cards are quite nice! Especially as you did 9 x 4, because the Stars are in Bouquet - sweet! Looks like things will be improving for you. :thumbsup:

It did also occur to me - in regard to Cross - that it might simply just mean a responsible person (Rider can be somewhat immature as a man, and so the Cross gives him a bit of dignitas - a young man who has a serious head on his shoulders).

Sharla

Hey Sharla :)

Rider is an extremely positive card, and so it is hard to imagine that it won't lighten the Cross in some way. My method for reading with the Houses is to use it like the first card in a two card spread, so - Cross/Rider: Someone helpful is on the way, or someone will arrive who is spiritual, or a guest that is destined to come to see you :)

So yes, I would have thought that it is something "fated" to happen. Your corner cards are quite nice! Especially as you did 9 x 4, because the Stars are in Bouquet - sweet! Looks like things will be improving for you. :thumbsup:

It did also occur to me - in regard to Cross - that it might simply just mean a responsible person (Rider can be somewhat immature as a man, and so the Cross gives him a bit of dignitas - a young man who has a serious head on his shoulders).

Yes i was thinking that because of the other cards, that it was something fated to happen, i just didn't want to be just wanting to see that, if you know what i mean.

Funny you mention the rider as a young man, but having a serious head on his shoulders. Because if this (man) in the GT is the person i think it is, then this guy is slightly younger than me, but he does seem quite mature for his age, so this does make sense if its relating to him. Also (man) card does mirror with lilies, so even though he's not older than me he is mature within himself.

I'm just trying to still figure out if this (man card) is actually him or not...

Padma

It rather does sound like it may indicate that man in particular. It looks like a positive new beginning, in terms of a relationship, going by your other corner cards. :heart:

What was in your house of Dog, Sharla? Also what was in your house of Heart, and house of Ring...?