Should we continue?

lark

Just a little Hi

I came to Aeclectic just as you left so we've never meet.
I've loved the Phantasmagoric from the minute I set eyes on it.
My favorite cards are 4 of coins, 4 of cups, chariot, and 6 of swords (it reminds me of Edward Scissor Hands.

My other favorite decks are Robin Wood, Morgan Greer, World Spirit, and I'm also really enjoying my new Fey and Radiant Rider.

How do they compare to the Phantasmagoric? Well, I don't think anything can compare. It is so unique. The Fey reminds me of it a little. Phantasmagoric is like a little nightmare (and I don't mean that in a negative way.) When I have a dream I like to mull it over in my head and by the end of the day I understand it better. That's what I like to do when I read these cards. They're my favorite MULLING set.

The LWB is pretty good as LWB go. And I do wish Graham Cameron would write a book about this deck. But......then sometimes I'm glad he didn't. Because they've become my own little nightmare with their symbols fitting into my life. His ideas about what each thing ment might be a big disappointment for me. I've come to see some pretty strange things in those cards!

Another thing I like about the deck is the size of the cards and the coloring. I'm a big fan of prismacolor pencil work. I don't think that is what these were done in but the coloring is along the same line. They are also one of the biggest decks I own, which I think sets off the art work best so you can see all that great detail.

Well, I've chattered on long enough. It's great to meet you. And I look forward to reading your posts while you're here.

And THREE CHEERS to Galadrial for keeping this thread alive!

Little Baron

Pleasure to meet you as well!

I often thought that a more detailed book would be a good idea as well but thinking about it now, I totally agree with you. It is great that we have our own interpretaions and I think that if we knew the full meanings behind Camerons illustrations, it wouldn't be as fun or as unique a tool. I also love the size. There really isn't much I could complain about with this deck.

Look forward to hearing from you and all of the other readers who have joined sinceI went away over the Summer.

Best wishes and a happy new year!

Yaboot

joya250

yes!!! we HAVE to continue! I just my deck... and will be catching up... though I know I have a lot of catching up to do.

joya

Little Baron

Hi Joya

Just wanted to say hello!

Love your avatar!!!!

Yaboot

galadrial

Hi again Lark! The Phantas. does have a bit of the "Nightmare Before Christmas" about it (I love that movie), with maybe Easter thrown in due to the colors. I favor quirky decks, but you're right, there isn't really any comparison to this deck. The Chariot is one of my favorite cards, as well- so unfettered; all that Chariot drive and experience, but with a more cosmic than worldly perspective (that's why I like it, anyway). Thanks for the cheers, and I give my own cheers to Maan and Yaboot for getting this study group going- YEA!!!

Hello joya250! So the Phantas. has enrapured another fan- it will be great to hear from you! There aren't all that many cards left without a thread, so please post on any card you want as there are other new people, and I know those of us who were here from the start will not mind looking at them again- there is always a fresh slant to be seen, especially with this deck.

Love and Light, galadrial

contrascarpe

Hi all -

Hope you don't mind me joining in on this nice little group. I just picked this beautiful little deck up (within the past hour in fact). I have soooooo many decks on my wishlist, but this one jumped to the top of the list after perusing the cards online and reading some of your insights. I look forward to participating in the discussion if I may.

Dan

galadrial

Hi Contrascarpe96!

We all understand how this deck jumps out and grabs you, even with many others clamouring for attention:) By all means, please join in and voice your thoughts/ideas. Bump up past threads as you wish, as we are almost through the deck (only six cards left), or start a new thread- let the deck inspire you.