Did you ever succeed at using the Psycards?

214red

i think sometimes the words get in the way, bit like the osho, but ignore the words and the pictures themselves tend to speak louder

linnie

As a divination tool, I mean.

Not for psychological work. I know many people use the Psycards for that, and that it is one of the purposes of the deck, but I want to know divination-wise.

I really like the deck and book that comes with it. The art is very beautiful, the cards have a good cardstock and the perfect size. But try as I may, I can never get any real answer from the cards, even when using the spreads from the book. It is as if I had a bunch of nouns put together, but no verbs to connect them or tell their purpose... the readings end up being extremely general, or just guesswork...

I'd like to know if other have had this same problem, and how did you solve it (or not).

Thank you so much! :)
I've never seen them before :)... I like the concept, but for me they'd be very much more user-friendly without the words they've already been given... in terms of their having been named as The Cave etc...To me, that's almost like emblazoning a banner across an inkblot test, and expecting everyone to read the same thing into it... which is , well, restrictive... but how to do divination with them... hmmm... I hope someone works it out, because they are interesting cards :)

MareSaturni

I tried a reading with this: "How will Marina progress with these cards?"

~ 2 cards: Where you're (Marina) at. This is how things are standing, the point that has been reached. MOTHER + TOWER

Mother: Going through all the usual motions that involve handling or maintaining something you care for. A 'domestic' approach.
Tower: Going it alone.

*You've tried all the usual variety of approaches with this deck.

~ 2 cards: Current/immediate matters - this is changable /mallable. FRIENDSHIP + DEATH.

Friendship: All contacts. Friends, acquaintances, neighbours, etc.
Death: The close of something. (Letting go or giving up).

*You're reaching out to involve all other persons you are aware of. If it doesn't work you're prepared to drop this approach.

~ 2 cards: How things MIGHT develope if you continue on from the previous 2 cards. FATHER + INQUIRER

Father: Teaching, guiding. Introduction to the world at large, by someone (or something) who has experience. Non-domestic.
Inquirer (Marina): Person who wants to know something. One who makes enquiries.

*Looks as if someone (or books, info, etc.) will turn up and start providing answers to any questions you may have

Note: if these last 2 cards had been the other way around, "Inquirer + Father", I think they probably would mean that you (inquirer) would actively search for a mentor.

:bugeyed:

Wow Bee! I'm impressed! Thank you so much for this reading... personally I never managed to get anything relevant from these cards, but you just proved to me that it can be done. I really hope I find the 'mentor' before I decide to give the deck away or something. I can see that it's a nice deck, but I could never use it satisfactorily.

I tried to use it a bit like the Lenormand, like 214red suggested, but it didn't work. The Lenormand cards... they create more vivid atmosphere, IMHO. Even though no card is essentially good or bad, you have some cards that tend to be more negative, others that tend to be more positive, and some neutral cards that are influenced by others.

The problem with the Pyscards is that all cards seem neutral. Even cards like 'Prison', 'Beast' and 'The Liar'. Because they are too based on psychological/Jungian archetypes, and archetypes are not good nor bad.

I like the concept, but for me they'd be very much more user-friendly without the words they've already been given... in terms of their having been named as The Cave etc...To me, that's almost like emblazoning a banner across an inkblot test, and expecting everyone to read the same thing into it... )

Perhaps I should to try to ignore the names of the cards, but I find it a bit difficult.... because the words are such a 'part' of the images (and so beautifully done too) :) It doesn't hurt to try though!

214red

i see all lenorman cards as neutral too, i dont see good or bad, just like tarot eveything can have a light and dark side.

Cave for instance looks dark, but its very womb like

BrightEye

Same experience. Tried twice. The book doesn't help. My solution, both times, was to give up and get rid of the deck. Last one became bookmarks.

OT: Does that mean you no longer have the deck? Otherwise I would asked you to pass it on to me.

MareSaturni

i see all lenorman cards as neutral too, i dont see good or bad, just like tarot eveything can have a light and dark side.

Cave for instance looks dark, but its very womb like

I agree all cards have potential for both light and darkness in them, but some manifest darkness more easily, whereas others manifest light. And some are just neutral, depending on other cards' influences to 'choose a side'.

I don't believe that the tarot is completely neutal either, because neutral elements do not react, do not create an atmosphere. Even in its positive most positive light, as rebirth, the 10 of Swords is still painful. It still says that something went wrong.

And my problem with the Psycards is that all elements seem neutral, devoid of a unique energy and influence that leaves its mark on the reading. That is because they were created mainly for psycholgoical work, from a Jungian point of view, and for Jung no side of the psyche was 'bad' - all had to be accepted and integrated into the self. While it works well for psychology, I find that it oesn't work so well for divination.

Despite the growing "psychologization" of divination, the two are still animals of different kinds, in my opinion. And the more I try to work with the Psycards, the more I find them belonging to the realm of psychology...

Aerin

I didn't use them for divination.

I did have a go at (as the book suggested) telling my lifestory with them in order - and telling other stories too. I enjoyed finding appropriate cards and it told me something. I also had a go at mapping consequences of different decisions, again by selecting cards not by drawing them / dealing them from the deck.

They just didn't appeal for divination.

214red

i think its your point of view, i dont think any card is bad, even the 10 of swords is a bit overly dramatic to be truly bad, it might feel that way but isnt truly bad, its perception...and the new dawn is coming. I find psy cards the same way, all can be either, depending on the situation

greatdane

I think I found more accurate for past rather than for divination. They seemed quite on the money re the past. But then perhaps I haven't used long enough to know how accurate they are for the future! And as far as the present....they might be insightful as far as what's happening, but not necessarily what to do about it.

Carla

I traded my Wildwood to Marina for her Psycards and I quite like them. They do not read like the tarot; or if they do, it's like a sort of extended majors-only deck. I haven't used them much, but have found them quite powerful when I do use them. (And I don't miss the Wildwood one bit!)