Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Rackham By Duck Soup

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Oracle Decks

sporadic magic

Debra 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Happy Squirrel View Post
Yes. I was just trying to understand what the poster was trying to say
Padma explained it.
Top   #21
Citizen

Nemia 

This deck caught my eye, too, when I visited his site last night. It's a beauty.

I'm not drawn to oracle decks usually but this one goes right on my wishlist. On a top spot.

I'm reminded of Buryn's Blake Tarot which maybe tries to hard to impose a tarot-like structure on Blake's images. It might be a better idea to let the art grow into an oracle, the way Freder did here. Well, maybe I didn't try hard enough with my Blake which I love to look at - but can't read very well because I feel I have to understand its structure better.

Freder's work is unique and wonderful. I could afford until now only the Lombardi Danneggiato which I love. I wish I was rich enough to start a Duck Soup sub-collection...
Top   #22
Citizen

reall 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padma View Post
Agree, Reall! No borders would be awesome! That was one of my beefs with the Ring Cycle tarot - the borders ate the image, way too big! (and two tone - ugh!)

That is an interesting concept, about famous works being so powerful that it interferes with reading...perhaps due to the fact it already has a life of its own.
exactly!)) you get mesmerized by art and watch in awe while customer grows impatient!^^lolz )
I vote for option with blank white space around the art and small part with title!^^
Top   #23
Citizen

The Happy Squirrel 
Rackham By Duck Soup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemia View Post

I'm reminded of Buryn's Blake Tarot which maybe tries to hard to impose a tarot-like structure on Blake's images. It might be a better idea to let the art grow into an oracle, the way Freder did here. ...

I like this approach of his. High respect for the integrity of pre-existing artwork. He said something along the line of not forcing the images into tarot structure in his blog exactly as you said here. He appears to maintain original ratio of frames and not prone to cropping as well, a philosophy which I highly sympathise with come to reproductions.
Top   #24
Citizen

The Happy Squirrel 

Quote:
Originally Posted by reall View Post
I vote for option with blank white space around the art and small part with title!^^

Apparently the current border design was created to help the illusion of uniformity in the ratios of the artwork (width and length) which varies. I can see that with blank borders, you could easily spot this, while with strong top and bottom ornaments, the eyes are fooled into thinking they are all of the same ratios.

Top   #25
Citizen

lightpers 

This is so beautiful, thank you for sharing, Happy Squirrel! my God, it is a pretty oracle!!
Top   #26
Citizen

reall 

Quote:
Apparently the current border design was created to help the illusion of uniformity in the ratios of the artwork (width and length) which varies. I can see that with blank borders, you could easily spot this, while with strong top and bottom ornaments, the eyes are fooled into thinking they are all of the same ratios.

) yep! I was totally fooled!x,x )
Top   #27
Citizen

The Happy Squirrel 

I would love to have a giant version of this deck [emoji16] Like, 6 inches [emoji12]
Top   #28
Citizen

reall 

Quote:
I would love to have a giant version of this deck [emoji16] Like, 6 inches [emoji12]
yep!^^ that goes for all art decks!^^ and PS have something like that!^^ lolz )
Top   #29
Citizen

Freder 

Thanks all for your interest in this project and kind words!

The Arthur Rackham Oracle is available now. I'm very pleased with the printed result, it turned out better than I hoped. I dare say that Rackham's art has never looked better.

But I'll let y'all be the judge of that.

www.tarotbyducksoup.com
Top   #30

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.