Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

The Art of Kipper Card Reading (Book)

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Oracle Decks

Senior Citizen

Astraea 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padma View Post
Thanks for taking the trouble to google that for me, Astraea!

The more you describe the book, the more I think it is a great investment, haha! Going off to order it now.
Well...I am being quite the enabler, but I think of it in these terms: the Mystical Kipper is around $12-15 US, and Ciro's Fin de Siecle is around $22 US...so the book is not too bad.
Top   #11
Citizen

The Happy Squirrel 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gnpbDd8gks

Top   #12
Citizen

The Happy Squirrel 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraea View Post
Well...I am being quite the enabler, but I think of it in these terms: the Mystical Kipper is around $12-15 US, and Ciro's Fin de Siecle is around $22 US...so the book is not too bad.
I just bought it

Total USD $44.25 with shipping to New Zealand. Not cheap. But nothing is cheap when shipped to NZ :/
Top   #13
Senior Citizen

Astraea 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Happy Squirrel View Post
I just bought it

Total USD $44.25 with shipping to New Zealand. Not cheap. But nothing is cheap when shipped to NZ :/
Hope you like it! Be prepared, shipping is not speedy - it takes Lulu 3-5 days to print the book, then standard shipping is pretty slow (compared to Amazon, especially).

Wanted to mention - one of the things I really like about the book is that for the People Cards, he lists combinations not only in terms of two cards together, but where they fall directionally with respect to a Person significator (e.g., what it means when a card is above, below, to the right or left of the Main Male, Main Female or other Person significator). I thought that was a nice touch.
Top   #14
Star clad

Padma 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Happy Squirrel View Post
I just bought it

Cheaper than here! The total came to $48.15. But that also has to do with the low Canadian dollar just now. I truly hope it is worth it, though of course after Astraea's review, it seems it is
Top   #15
Senior Citizen

Astraea 

Quote:
Cheaper than here! The total came to $48.15. But that also has to do with the low Canadian dollar just now. I truly hope it is worth it, though of course after Astraea's review, it seems it is
Mine came to $32, so it is quite a bit more expensive outside the US - I am sorry to hear that! But honestly, it's a good book in my opinion - and I hope you and Happy Squirrel will agree. If a major publisher had picked it up, it probably would have cost around $20 - like Rana's book, published by Llewellyn. That's the major drawback to indie books.
Top   #16
Star clad

Padma 

Quote:
Mine came to $32, so it is quite a bit more expensive outside the US - I am sorry to hear that! But honestly, it's a good book in my opinion - and I hope you and Happy Squirrel will agree. If a major publisher had picked it up, it probably would have cost around $20 - like Rana's book, published by Llewellyn. That's the major drawback to indie books.
Astraea, I take your word that it is good, and I have no worries. In any case, it is the only book in English! So it will have to do! I'm ok with it, really.
Top   #17
Senior Citizen

Astraea 

Quote:
Astraea, I take your word that it is good, and I have no worries. In any case, it is the only book in English! So it will have to do! I'm ok with it, really.
to you, as well!
Top   #18
Star clad

Padma 

Quote:
to you, as well!
You're a sweetie, Astraea! I shall be sure to come back and let you know how helpful I find the book. Just the fact that it includes good descriptions on all the people, as well as directionality, is awesome!
Top   #19
pirate borealis

Laura Borealis 

I keep seeing the thread title out of the corner of my eye, and misreading it as The Art of Kipper Coloring Book.
Top   #20

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.