Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Poll: Your Favorite Arthur Rackham Oracle Back Design

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Oracle Decks


 
CosmicTarot's Avatar
CosmicTarot  CosmicTarot is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 19 Feb 2017
Location: ♀
Posts: 675
CosmicTarot 
Poll: Your Favorite Arthur Rackham Oracle Back Design


UPDATE: I was going to make this a poll but I happened to shut down the page before I was done ... I'll see if I can fix it, but I'm not sure it's possible. In other case, I'd appreciate it if you just stated the letter of your favorite back in a post. Sorry about that!

UDATE 2: Nope, not possible. I'm such a klutz.

Firstly, sorry for my current Tarot/Oracle back design obsession (I just posted a thread about Tarot backs in the Tarot section)

However, I came across the Arthur Rackham Oracle on Etsy and my purchase craving is giving me a struggle. The other issue is that if I'd choose to buy this Oracle Deck I'd have no clue which back design I would select, since I think most of them look gorgeous.

So, I thought: Why not start a poll and hope that people could help me choose!



Either I'll by this one or The Fountain Tarot, I haven't made up my mind, but nevertheless ... Aren't all of them delightful? Which one is your favorite?
Top   #1
banbha's Avatar
banbha  banbha is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 24 Feb 2010
Location: Northeast, USA
Posts: 987
banbha 

I choose a jumbo size with the "C" back after much consideration. It's my absolute favorite.

The "D" was second choice. I thought the bats were a little too dark (as in not really visible enough).

I believe the creator said that C, D, and F were the most popular backs.
Top   #2
chorphee  chorphee is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 25 May 2015
Location: Belgium
Posts: 103
chorphee 

I have E with the cat. I think it is the most unique and whimsical
Top   #3
theFeeLion's Avatar
theFeeLion  theFeeLion is offline
Away with the faeries
 
Join Date: 27 Jan 2017
Location: Blenheim, New Zealand
Posts: 279
theFeeLion 

I'm definitely a fan of C. F or maybe B would be my next choice. I just wish B was borderless, it would definitely be a good one if you use reversals too.
Top   #4
banbha's Avatar
banbha  banbha is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 24 Feb 2010
Location: Northeast, USA
Posts: 987
banbha 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorphee View Post
I have E with the cat. I think it is the most unique and whimsical
It really is and a bit mischievous too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theFeeLion View Post
I'm definitely a fan of C. F or maybe B would be my next choice. I just wish B was borderless, it would definitely be a good one if you use reversals too.
I had the same thoughts about B.
Top   #5
CosmicTarot's Avatar
CosmicTarot  CosmicTarot is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 19 Feb 2017
Location: ♀
Posts: 675
CosmicTarot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by banbha View Post
I choose a jumbo size with the "C" back after much consideration. It's my absolute favorite.

The "D" was second choice. I thought the bats were a little too dark (as in not really visible enough).

I believe the creator said that C, D, and F were the most popular backs.
Thank you, you brave souls who dared to defy the absence of a poll option!

I was leaning towards C myself (or really A, B, C, D, E & F). Jumbo size is tempting but even "regular" size decks are too big for my tiny hands.

(Does anyone know if this is the jumbo size deck or the regular, by the way? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f4Zf5jeL_I)

I like the bat one too, but I liked it better when I thought it was leaves, since I actually think it's a little too dark in the other sense. Though, it is rather neat.

I'm surprised you say that C, D, F are the most popular ones. I definitely thought A and B. Where I've seen it on YouTube it has been these two backs that are most commonly displayed. I do like the starry ones. They're dreamy, but I'm not sure if I might grow tired of them. It's so difficult, I still haven't made up my mind.

How is the deck to work with? Do you enjoy giving readings with it? Is it worth the price? I'm imagining it would be a great complement to a Tarot reading to give it further direction. But sometimes it turns out a little differently when you have the deck in your hands. The use often makes itself known after you've worked with it for awhile.

Thank you so much!
Top   #6
CosmicTarot's Avatar
CosmicTarot  CosmicTarot is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 19 Feb 2017
Location: ♀
Posts: 675
CosmicTarot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorphee View Post
I have E with the cat. I think it is the most unique and whimsical
I like the cat one too, but the other ones are so pow in your face pretty that I might just have to turn down the Alice cat. Though, I like it ... This is sooo hard

Oh, and I forgot to ask: How do you think the deck is to work with?
Top   #7
CosmicTarot's Avatar
CosmicTarot  CosmicTarot is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 19 Feb 2017
Location: ♀
Posts: 675
CosmicTarot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theFeeLion View Post
I'm definitely a fan of C. F or maybe B would be my next choice. I just wish B was borderless, it would definitely be a good one if you use reversals too.
C is my first choice as for now, but I'm still not entirely sure. B is probably number two, and I agree with the border thing. Although, the border does add a little something.

I don't use reversals for Oracle decks, so that's alright, but it's a difficult choice. Why do there have to be so many good ones? Thank you!
Top   #8
banbha's Avatar
banbha  banbha is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 24 Feb 2010
Location: Northeast, USA
Posts: 987
banbha 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicTarot View Post
Thank you, you brave souls who dared to defy the absence of a poll option!

I was leaning towards C myself (or really A, B, C, D, E & F). Jumbo size is tempting but even "regular" size decks are too big for my tiny hands.

(Does anyone know if this is the jumbo size deck or the regular, by the way? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f4Zf5jeL_I)
That is the regular sized deck and a great review. Thanks for sharing.

The Jumbo is huge. The main reason I ordered the jumbo is the art. Shuffling and handling are secondary to the detail in the art for me on this one.

Quote:
I like the bat one too, but I liked it better when I thought it was leaves, since I actually think it's a little too dark in the other sense. Though, it is rather neat.
This deck can be a dark in both senses of the word. But it is not all shadow, more wonderful weirdness!

Quote:
I'm surprised you say that C, D, F are the most popular ones. I definitely thought A and B. Where I've seen it on YouTube it has been these two backs that are most commonly displayed. I do like the starry ones. They're dreamy, but I'm not sure if I might grow tired of them. It's so difficult, I still haven't made up my mind.
The deck creator, Freder from Duck Soup, came and posted the tally of most popular backs (and his favorite is A). Check it out here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.p...9&postcount=67

I think you'll find this thread helpful.

Quote:
How is the deck to work with? Do you enjoy giving readings with it? Is it worth the price? I'm imagining it would be a great complement to a Tarot reading to give it further direction. But sometimes it turns out a little differently when you have the deck in your hands. The use often makes itself known after you've worked with it for awhile.

Thank you so much!
I think it's well worth it! The Jumbo size is a handful and I've only used it as a personal deck. I would not let anyone else shuffle this deck. I've been considering getting a standard size as a reading a deck. Then I will choose the bats (I think).

Using it is like stepping into a folk/fairy tales, not the modern antiseptic versions, but the darker, gnarled roots of the tales. The readings are incisive and cut no corners. The use of language is rich and varied. There is a joy of meaning and interpretation both in art and prose!
Top   #9
AnemoneRosie's Avatar
AnemoneRosie  AnemoneRosie is offline
A star-gleam on a stone
 
Join Date: 02 May 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,969
AnemoneRosie 

I went with B. I was torn between that and G.
I also have the Fountain. They are wildly different decks. I adore both of them. My clients respond quite well to both, too.
Top   #10




 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.