The Tea Leaf Fortune Cards

Apollonia

I purchased these last year on eBay, and have just started working with them. I like them a lot, and have found the weekly reading to be very accurate, although I haven't been able to go deep with them as I do with Tarot.

a_shikhs

woowwwww...... these cards look amazing and simpler to read than reading from the cup... 200 cards sound quite a handful..

Pumpkin

I have been looking for these cards for few years. Always cost way to much.

But today I found them and ordered them. :D
A little more than I wanted to pay, but much less than I usually find them going for. I wish we had those little bouncing smiles here, I would insert here.

They are "used" but the deck is still in plastic wrap.

celticnoodle

oooohhhh! they are nice! but a bit more then i can afford too. oh well, maybe for christmas next year!!!

pumpkin & Apollonia, you'll have to let us know how they handle and how they do in readings. i'm very interested in knowing now that i've seen them. i like the idea that they have cards depicting the month on them, as this takes care of the timing dilema that normal tarot decks provide us. the only drawback i can see with them is that with 200 cards to handle, it seems like they'll be awful to shuffle. unless you have a large enough table to put them on and swish them around! please do let us know about them soon!

RiverDaughter

I have this deck and it's a lot of fun to work with - rather than shuffling, I gave up and made a large bag and a smaller bag - I keep the "special" cards (months, subjects) in the little bag and all the tea leaf patterns in the large one.

Then I just rifle around in it and pull cards!

Of course... it got left in a drawer in my old apartment, and the current resident - even though she's a friend of mine - still hasn't mailed them to me, so I've been without them for a month or two now.

Pumpkin

I like the idea of making a bag for them. It sounds like it would be the easy way to pick a card with so many in the deck.

I will wait to get them before I buy fabric. I want to see them first. I hope they will be here this week.

Pumpkin

RiverDaughter said:
I have this deck and it's a lot of fun to work with - rather than shuffling, I gave up and made a large bag and a smaller bag - I keep the "special" cards (months, subjects) in the little bag and all the tea leaf patterns in the large one.

Then I just rifle around in it and pull cards!

Of course... it got left in a drawer in my old apartment, and the current resident - even though she's a friend of mine - still hasn't mailed them to me, so I've been without them for a month or two now.

I hope she does mail them to you. They are very expensive to replace. ;)